TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Good evening people^^

After a few months without giving new tracks, here I am with Desolation! An Intamin hyper/looper based in a desert...

To my view this is the best coaster I've ever built, I tried to make it smoother as possible and I think I begin to understand how making heart lines and using the smoother correctly....

I haven't yet finished the supports, so I only leave you the teaser...

545881249_Sanstitre.jpg.855db1212b8198c288571e9c204ad658.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing coaster!! I loved it! Usually I have a list a mile long of things that people did not notice on their coaster like Red G's, or Fail's to pass the tunnel test, but your coaster was almost perfect! There were no red G's and it passes the tunnel test! The lift was amazing!! The only thing I noticed that needed to be fixed was your mid-course. You should not have any kind of transport device on the mid-course including LIM's. Your coaster should be able to be E-stoped and then gravity would take it through the rest of the ride. When your's is E-stoped it is like there is a launch in the middle of the ride and that should not be there. Other than that your coaster was great! Keep up the good work!

~Matthew

Thanks for uploading and I will try to be short as possible!

15 noticable bumps throughout the course. I would try to ride it in the backseat to see the bumps.

I wouldnt use prefab supports on an hypercoaster track.

I'm sitting on the fence with the inversion. Since this coaster grabs me as a standard hyper coaster I think the inversion is risky. Most would look at it as being only one inversion and blah and some would look at and not wanna ride because of the fact that it has that one inversion, if it were a real park.

Doesnt pass the tunnel test. It's hard to tell while on the coaster since the sticks are black but they actually do go thru the tunnel. Also the ground goes thru one section of the tunnel during the test. Im basing this off the fact that the only thing that should go thru the tunnel is the support that connects to the track during that segment.

Like the design but on the fence with the loop, not saying that is bad thing at all!

Well, first of all, thanks very much for your comments and your enthusiasm lol.

However, I still don't understand something: What is the famous tunnel test? I tried to understand all your explanations Jarmor, but I didn't understand everything....

About some points:

-The inversion: at the beginning I wanted to make a looper with 2 or 3 inversions, but more I built the track, less I felt able to make something correct so I made something "simple".

-Mid-course brakes: Yes, if you tried the E stop test, trains are launched when the test is over^^ It's a little surprise for the lucky people who are "victims" of an emergency stop^^ But I admit I could seem not realistic^^ About the LIM elements on the mid-course brakes, I think they are more esthetic than brakes lol.

-Prefab Supports: I was a bit lazy to do myself all the supports, so I cheated a bit^^ But I tried to improve a little the finish...

I think it's all what I wanted to say, so I think I can go to bed

Once again, thanks for your comments!

However, I still don't understand something: What is the famous tunnel test? I tried to understand all your explanations Jarmor, but I didn't understand everything....

Well below are some visuals to help you understand. While some of the sticks seem to be at an ok height some seem to be kinda deep into the tunnel. But the rule is to always avoid ANYTHING extra in the tunnels.

I hope this better helps you understand

167431156_notgood.JPG.87c213e72c7b75716c8e5b389a464dd0.JPG

Here you can see where the coaster failed the tunnel test. Especially the 3rd one on the bottom from the left.

good.JPG.1490fd0ca13b7ba9492f56327d32c6c6.JPG

Here is a shot of the train in the tunnel. Even though there is a support showing, it is barely there and behind the train.

^ If you want a realistic ride, its very important.

As for the ride, it was great. It was mostly smooth but there were tiny pumps here and there but the rest of the ride was spot-on. The supports were good and it was full of little neat ideas, good job!

Hi!

Thanks for you comment dr.Gumbo, I know there are some bumps, but as I said in anterior posts I really discovered the possibilities of the smoother with that ride but I still learn how I can use it correctly^^

Here is the video I've just finished^^

http://rapidshare.com/files/107995603/Desolation.wmv.html

(I think it's gonna be long to download the video, but I still can't compressing files and videos...)