TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A problem with the Calendar

Edward

Hi!

There seems to be a problem with the Calendar. As of 14th of march, the calendar seems to unravle, displaying things like Views:470 Replies:0 ', event.pageX, event.PageY);" etc, etc, etc. I've posted a picture of what I get on my browser. What seems to be the problem?

I'm using Windows 2000 with Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.12.

/Edward

PS. I hope this is the right place to Ask for tech support.

UnravledCalendar.zip

A pic on the calendar, 1400x1050, jpg.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the same. Also, the weekly calendar that is always ontop of the forums (just under title banner and links) is messed up. I have to scroll down a ways before I get to the forum stuff.

Having a closer look at this it seems like the topic Hard Rock Park Sneak Peek spans out until 14th of April, and the calendar is still in disarray for the rest of the month. When clicking on May it is back to normal.

TPR doesn't do any kind of Firefox specific support, sorry. If you are having these issues in IE, please let us know, but that is our "lowest common demoninator" browser, and what 78% of TPR users browse the forum with.

--Robb

• 3 months later...
TPR doesn't do any kind of Firefox specific support, sorry. If you are having these issues in IE, please let us know, but that is our "lowest common demoninator" browser, and what 78% of TPR users browse the forum with.

--Robb

that is unfair for FF users, which by the way is way better so every one should switch to that!

That does not look like a browser issue anyways. It seems more like a script issue. I think I will try to recreate the issue though first and see what I find. (I am a big phpBB fan and so I know its ins and outs pretty well. )

The code seems valid. I think the issue is your internet connection. It might be timing out or "pinging" out so the page is not fully loading.

Even though Robb has said that it is not his goal to make the site FF compatible. Most of it already is. I have experienced no issues with it.

Making something "FF friendly" isn't even 100% possible.

With an open source browser there could be an endless amount of setups, and configurations, and add ons that could cause the page to break. No webmaster would be able to plan for that.

Like I've had websites that Adblock totally destroys. I typically have to disable Adblock for that page to get it to load. That's not the problem of the website itself that my specific setup causes their page to break.

When I say FF friendly I mean basic no plug-ins. Its the end users responsibility if they have added a plug-in hat interferes with how the page displays. If you have such add-ons, disable them and try it again. Like I said I'm pretty sure your internet connection g is timing out. That looks like the script is not loading fully.

I know my site is more FireFox friendly over IE. IE7 has issues with how it was designed. IE8 will fix those issues. Only reason I am more FireFox friendly is because most of my users have FireFox. It all depends on how many users use IE vs FF for a site.

Anyways, I think this topic is over with. None of us can recreate the issue and so the issue is not with the site itself.