TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

After all those rides, the ride have to seem sort of 'not as amazing as the first time I rode it.'

I've ridden Silver Star way over 200 times and GeForce well over 100. I love them to death but after a while, they don't seem as amazing as before.

They are still AMAZING rides and easily on my top lists.

--James

One of the good things (or bad depending on how you look at it) about The Bullet and I guess many woodies is that they offer different rides depending on the weather, track conditions, etc. Every day that I ride the Bullet I have at least a few rides that perform differently in places than before. This keeps things interesting for me.

-GG

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I agree. While the Bullet's temperamental nature is a downside for folks who travel to ride it (it didn't run very well for the TPR shoot), it does provide us frequent riders some changing experiences to keep the ride from getting boring.

One of the things that's fun is to find the best seat on the train for that day. It changes every day, and sometimes it will change several times per day.

The front seat is usually consistently decent, but is almost never the best seat. Seat 2R is perhaps the most wildly variant. Some days, it's insane with airtime and smooth. Other days, there's no air and it's brutal. Catch a day when the coaster is running fast, and 10R is wicked. Slower days are meh. The back seat is usually pretty good, but sometimes the seat right in front is even better.

New Year's Day, seat 7R gave me a fantastic ride. I mentioned it to Guru. He rode 7R a couple of hours later and wasn't impressed at all... but Almightyfire sat next to him in 7L and was very surprised at how good it was.

Go figger.

Help me out anyone. I rode the Boardwalk Bullet today for the first time. I know it recenvetly re-opened (since Friday?). One of the ops told me that they retracked one portion of the ride. I rode it 5 times: twice all by myself on the train, twice with two other people, and once with four others. The park was really barren.

Anyway, I don't have anything to compare it to since it opened up. I know wooden coasters are rough, but has it smoothed out since the reopen?

Thanks

^^ They retracked everything from the middle of the first drop to the end of the big turn by the bay.

I notice in your post that you said you rode it five times with a mostly empty train. I also notice that you aren't complaining that your ribs, neck, or back are in pain.

So YEAH, it's smoother than before!

Seriously, even though it was rougher before, it still wasn't half as bad as some of the wusses on this site might have you believe. Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times and then posted about how much pain they were in the next day. Maybe they weren't ready for an adult coaster... The Giant (SFOT) and Rattler (SFFT) are far, far worse now than the Bullet ever was.

Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times and then posted about how much pain they were in the next day. Maybe they weren't ready for an adult coaster...

Maybe the Gravity Group should brag about that on their website.

TGG Coasters: Not For Little Girls!

...I also notice that you aren't complaining that your ribs, neck, or back are in pain.

I never said it was smooth, that's for sure. I kept trying to remember how rough the Texas Cyclone was compared to the Bullet. Cyclone, if I remember correctly, was way rougher than the Bullet. I kept thinking the Bullet would have been more smooth, but that's okay, it didn't take away from me enjoying the ride.

The only thing I hated was that I rode it by myslef, no one to share the fun, you know?

Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times...

I was supposed to be at the shoot, but something came up and I had to back out. I really wish I was able to go. It looked like fun.

Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times and then posted about how much pain they were in the next day. Maybe they weren't ready for an adult coaster...

Maybe the Gravity Group should brag about that on their website.

TGG Coasters: Not For Little Girls!

I told the GM at Kemah that before the changes to the Bullet, I wouldn't have recommended it to someone who had never been on a coaster before (which happens a lot, since Astroworld has been gone for two years now).

Now, I think that even though the ride is still intense and fast, it's not so aggressive as to scare away first-time coaster riders into never wanting to get on another one.

The Bullet was reeeeeeeeeeally slow today. Hitting 74 seconds from lift to brake. It was actually sorta fun in that when I would ride in the back (usually the only one on the train), I really thought it was going to stall a few times.

The rains came in the afternoon, though, and apparently everyone down there knows that rain rides are good.... suddenly, boardwalk employees who were on break, management, maintenance, etc were riding and asking for run times -- down to 65 seconds! WOO HOO!

soloride.thumb.jpg.5e69d2a3ff837083d6ffd96551a1cc8f.jpg

Had the Bullet to myself until it rained

^ The tracks were freshly graphited over the weekend, but a heavy rain this morning washed off all of it and left dry rails.

Dry rails + wet, swelled track + empty train = slow rides.

That's true of any coaster, and the more turns in the layout, the more the dry rails will make a difference in speed. Bullet is almost ALL turns, so it's more temperamental to track friction than most rides.

That's why a track with water on it (during the rain rides) ran so much faster.

They said that the first ride out today was running at 66 seconds. Then the rain washed off the graphite and it went down to 70. By the time it ran for another hour and the track dried out more, it had slowed to 74.

Seriously, even though it was rougher before, it still wasn't half as bad as some of the wusses on this site might have you believe. Some of the folks who went to the TPR video shoot only rode about a dozen times and then posted about how much pain they were in the next day. Maybe they weren't ready for an adult coaster... The Giant (SFOT) and Rattler (SFFT) are far, far worse now than the Bullet ever was.

...Or perhaps the ride isn't as good as you want to believe. Maybe those "wusses" were on to something.

^ I'm not saying anything about whether or not they thought it was a good ride. That's all opinion and can't be proved either way. Different people like different things and so what's a "good" ride for one person won't be for another.

What I was referring to was their complaints about how rough it was and how much pain they were in after riding a dozen or so times.

Was it rough? Yeah. Was it so rough as to warrant all the whining that was done after the photo shoot? No. They're just wusses.

Was it rough? Yeah. Was it so rough as to warrant all the whining that was done after the photo shoot? No. They're just wusses.

How many people were at that photo/video shoot? 15? 20? More?

And yet there's only three or four people that were there that day that continue (day after day after day after day) to proclaim the Bullet's greatness. I'd say that's a minority.

It's one thing to be a fanboy, it's another to beat a topic into the ground. There are far better and worse coasters that have gotten much less attention than this one.

It's one thing to be a fanboy, it's another to beat a topic into the ground. There are far better and worse coasters that have gotten much less attention than this one.

Maybe this is because the Houston area lost its home park and went without a coaster for almost three years. Of course it's going to get more attention.

GUYS lets get back on topic how was it running at 11:14am this morning. NEED 2 KNO ASAP!!!!

You want to stop with your utterly useless posts? No one gives a damn about how you think it's stupid that we want updates. The coaster changes almost on a day to day basis. Maybe we want to know if it's going to be slow and rough before we drive an hour there and back to spend $20 for ONE coaster.

If you don't like this thread, don't click on it! Simple as that.