TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Australian Theme Park Attendance Figures and Results

Results for Warner Village Theme Parks, the major opereator in Australia, interesting to compare to US Parks:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20071015/pdf/3153lfxlw0rp9g.pdf

Main points:

Attendance:

Warner Bros Movie World 1,323,542

Sea World 1,351,800

Wet and Wild 1,024,730

Early 2009 Additions:

Hippo Exhibit at Sea World $4.5m

Hot Wheels Stunt Show at Movie World $7.0m (replacing Police Academy)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It breaks my heart to hear the Police Academt show is gone. That was the last remaining evidence of the "god awful, but just HAD to watch every bad film they put out" 80s film series.

--Robb "I was bummed that Police Academy 2007 got shelved." Alvey

Hmm interesting read...

However am i accurate in understanding that locker hire made $2.7mill aud last financial year for the entire organisation? o.O

I'd love to see some stats come from Adventure World in Perth as well; that place has gotta be slowly dying! =P

Well, almost all the major theme parks are on the East Coast and getting just from Brisbane to Movie World/Dream World will be a 3-4 hour drive for me. For someone even further out, I guess it might not be that big of an attraction; especcially if they are 5+ hours away.

Aren't the ticket prices abit expensive? Or does that just look expensive to us?

Australian exchange rate x US$ = About 45$ should be 70$ when the exchange rate is that in January (1.5227 AUD for USD)

-J "Just trying to get things straight before I go over.." Z

I think Movie World is $65 Australian which I consider a bit steep, but there's usually shopper dockets floating around that can reduce that cost by a fair bit.

The lockers at Superman Escape are a rip off, but not as big a rip off as the all day lockers. You only need a locker for SE, so it's better to ride it and keep going back and pay $1 per hour for the locker then $10 plus (depending on size) for an all day locker.

Dreamworld gets a bit over a million visitors, though I am not sure, can anyone confirm this?

I really like the level of disclosure in the report, I wish more parks did this.

Well, almost all the major theme parks are on the East Coast and getting just from Brisbane to Movie World/Dream World will be a 3-4 hour drive for me. For someone even further out, I guess it might not be that big of an attraction; especcially if they are 5+ hours away.

Aren't the ticket prices abit expensive? Or does that just look expensive to us?

Australian exchange rate x US$ = About 45$ should be 70$ when the exchange rate is that in January (1.5227 AUD for USD)

-J "Just trying to get things straight before I go over.." Z

If your in Brisbane its just over an Hour to Movie World and Dreamworld and about an hour and a half to seaworld.

Zane "Yeah" Williams

Wow, how busy was Movie World in the aerial photo in the report?

^^^ Adventureworld installed a new 6 lane racing water slide in '05 and have put in another new water slide for the coming season, a waste of time IMO. I'm just waiting for Turbo Mountain to fall off its tracks one day, that thing just can not be safe these days.