TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

GCI Coasters

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

those things won't make the structure that much stronger. No, they are used for getting from the left catwalk to the right catwalk and they are also used at crossovers to prevent things from the top tracks to the tracks below.

^ I disagree because some coasters have them on first drops, or big drops, where you would just slide right off a flat surface like that. They are also very long. I'll see if I can find an example.

EDIT: found one.

Hades has a steel structure, but the middle of the track is wooden and can still split. No way those two are used for workers to just simply cross over. The one on the first drop is too steep to be able to use it anyway.

Hyyyper is correct that they are used for workers to cross over from one side to the other when the banking changes. However, they also serve the purpose of a being a sort of net to catch anything that my fall (or drip). Notice how they appear when the track is crossing over something below?

Hyyyper is correct that they are used for workers to cross over from one side to the other when the banking changes. However, they also serve the purpose of a being a sort of net to catch anything that my fall (or drip). Notice how they appear when the track is crossing over something below?

This is my best guess, too. Grease is probably the most common thing you don't want falling on a passing train.

I think it's so stuff doesn't hit people below. They have them on Viper (SFGAM) right when the train comes out of the station and crosses over the exit. As you saw above, Hades has them, because there's an entrance there (group sales I think). I'm sure that they can also be used to cross over the track, but they probably have to be carefull on the steep hills.

• 5 years later...