TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HALLOWEEN HAUNT at Worlds of Fun

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good move for WOF! Do you guys think that other CF parks will start doing this? I mean, we're seeing it happen to Kings Island, and now WOF. Could we see it happen at other haunts? Also I don't see Dorney doing their haunt anymore after next year. They don't even have a site for theres.

Also, can someone please explain to me what Camp Gonnagitcha is? I looked on the website, and I don't exactly get the description.

Camp Gonnagitcha is an outdoor maze that is themed to a Summer Camp that has been overrun by zombies and other ghouls. It is located in the old queue line area for the Plunge. The actual haunt is just beyond the train tressle past Zulu in the Africa section of the park. It is pretty cool and when it is really humid the fog back there makes visibility almost zero which is awesome.

Jason, I don't know why it did that. Kind of funny though.

Okay, I know this has nothing to do with the WOF haunt, but what other park haunts are in the top 5 for the US? I know HHN and Knotts Scary Farms are the main two, but other than those, what are the other ones, cuz I could see WOF as a top 5 US park haunt if it keeps getting this better.

We like to think of HAUNT at WOF as the "hidden secret" for PHALL PHUN in Missouri -- don't let the secret get out.

Actually it is quite obvious that event is popular. The parking lots were all the way back to Lots K & L last year on select Saturdays. I know that the line for Asylum was up to 3 hours last year (can only imagine how long BloodShed's will be once the word gets out).

I don't know about top 5, but I would say at least the top 10... but then I'm not sure how many halloween events there are in the USA. I know we have the second most HAUNTS of any of the Cedar Fair parks, second only to KBF (d'oh).

I didn't know that Mike. I was just assuming that because I've never heard anything from that side of the US happening with the haunts and all. Not to make anyone mad/sad, but even though blood shed will be new this year, I think that it won't be as popular as asylum island. I mean, I know Bloodshed already has some hype on it, but AI being the number 1 haunt in the whole CF chain is big, and I think people will still be drawn to that this year due to its popularity. But I'd really love to be proven wrong.

Here's our video from Asylum Island last year.

http://www.coastercommunity.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=87&g2_itemId=6793

This year we'll be shooting in High Def (even though we're still not sure how we're going to host it).

Here are some of the photos that we gathered along the way as well.

http://www.coastercommunity.com/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=87&g2_itemId=6576&g2_page=1

^Jive, the way Brandon was talking made it sound like the scenes from Asylum might not be specifically in the same order that they were last year. That might make things interesting as you/I/etc will be expecting "certain scene" next and then get something else... you know what I mean. Certain scenes have to be in certain spots because of logistics.

I hardly doubt it will be a big thing as that happens all the time at KBF. Probably just depends on who is setting up the haunt at that time. lol

The thing I am most excited about is that WOF's event is becoming more like KBF's now with EVERY MIDWAY being a scare zone with fog and not just the extreme haunt areas. That is awesome and it makes me wonder just how much longer it will be before this becomes a hard ticketed event like HAUNT at KBF