TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream 2007

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I TRYYY to hit the BG garage just because its a shorter walk and since I'm originally from NYC, I am VERY impatient when it comes to waiting for that Tram for anything more than 5 minutes. But during the event I usually park at Tree Tops anyway.

Speaking of After Hours, aren't U guys supposed to do a walkthrough of OUR house and vice versa? My stage manager mentioned it the 1st night, but not this past Saturday.

You know, I might just chime in and saying I'm going in a few weeks with my school. Of course, Fiends will always be around EVERY HOS, even though I still kind of miss Escape From Insanity.

On the topic of Halloween events in Tampa, is anybody also doing Zoo Boo at Lowry Park? Yeah, not as big or intense, but at least I'll be a scare actor for one night!

...Who's got the better house?

How's the weather supposed to be?

And most important, which one of you is gonna hook me up with a nurse?

1. Don't know yet, never did my walkthrough of the other houses (it was on Thursday..and UNPAID. So I said "fuhgetaboutit".

2. Weather so far is fine outside. Looks like the opener should be neato.

3. I wish I can hook MYSELF up with a nurse dag nab it!!!

Hey Homer, I've gone to ZooBoo the last 3 years. Its a fun event. Although it doesn't look like much is changing this year from last. I see the Living Mannequin house is back (cool house) along with the Midway and the Museum (another cool house). I'd be going just to do the new Pirate themed house...I was supposed to go tonight with my kids in tow (yup, I was contemplating calling in at HOS), but my honey is sick and other family members had other things to do.

High recommend if your in Tampa AND/OR have kids you wanna get used to scare houses. My 6-year old was really BUMMED when he found out we weren't going tonight. I might do it next week.

Check out the link people: http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/zooboo/index.html

I'm such a haunt freak, that I jumped at the chance to see the houses on Thursday night. The new ones are good, and have potential to possibly be great. I'll pitch in more once more people have seen them. Of course, I'm partial to AH.

As for ZooBoo, it's great, but I'm probably not gonig to go this year due to not much having been changed.

So what did U think of HOS Florida420?

Man, if there was EVER a night to go to HOS, it would've been yesterday (Sunday), the place was a GHOST town (no pun intended). Great for scares.

Just to cry on everyone's shoulder, I'm sore as heck this morning. I need to pace myself going forward.

Quick tip...do Catch Your Breath after DARK! Had soem family that did the house (which is in a tent) with the sun setting and it ruined a lot of the scares. i did it at my brake yesterday (at about 9pm) and I LOVED it!

^^I did Zoo Boo last year. I didn't think it was all too scary. The houses were long and were nicely-decorated, but each house had about a half a dozen Scare-actors. In each house, it seemed like one Scare-actor was really working and trying to scare people. The others just seemed to linger around. I even saw a few of them sitting around and looking more scared of me than of them! I saw one Scare-actor sitting around when the house first opened. You'll never see Scare-actors sitting around at other Halloween events!

I went to HOS last night as well. Some of the houses were very cool. Even though it was the least frightening one, the 3-D one had the best effects. I was disappointed in Catch Your Breath. I think we may have hit it during a changeover since there were NO actors in any of the first few scenes.

Trapped in the Walls was well done, esp the headless man effect. I THINK it was in this house, but I don't remember since I hit all 6 houses in about an hour. It was that dead!!

I actually thought some of the scare zones were better than some of the houses! Eternal Midnight has some cool effects, as did Wicked Woods and Zombie Junction.

I also saw all three shows. Fiends is just plain fun, not too dirty, and great dancing and high energy. Freak Show was also cool, and the last effect is pretty disturbing. Sweet Dreams had a cool concept and some talented people in it, but it didn't seem to click with me. And after awhile, all of the sex jokes just got old.

Great weather and virtually no one in the park made for a fun night. And I was able to get everything done and head home before 10pm!

So what did U think of HOS Florida420?

I was pleased but a little disappointed at the same time.

First of all, the day time was awesome, it was dead. I think the longest I waited for anything was 15 min and that was for the front row of Montu. I rode everything numerous times and might I add:

Shiekra - floor + front row = pretty feakin' scary (at least the first time)

But yeah, very slow, I got there a little before noon and had no problem doing everything I wanted.

As for the night, well first of all, there are some idiots that work there. I made sure, from two different sources, that all I had to do was show my Platinum pass and that was my HOS tix. So I am on my way to Timbuktu and they look at my pass and say, get this, "that is a Sea World pass, this is Busch Gardens"

?

Really?

Now granted I did get my pass in Sea World, so it does say Sea World, but do they not know anything about the company that writes their check?

Anyway, they let me go and then like 50 ft later, there's another check point......they let me right in and don't even look at my tix, go figure.

So I'm in the holding area for like 1 1/2 hrs so I got my fill of Cheetah Chase, Sandstorm, Scorpion, but no Phoenix, I had way to much to eat at the Zambia Smokehouse (which was delicious) to be hanging upside down that soon.

So now all the fright feast peeps start to leave, so I know it's only a half hour to go, I tried they wouldn't let us out. I noticed about 7:20 they where letting people into Trapped, so we make our way over there, now here is where I get pissed. We are walking up to the house though the nice white fencing and all of a sudden, a bitch pops out. Constance was her name, and I will be e-mailing or calling about her ass. She comes out of a door and looks at us and says "where's your wristbands?" now mind you the guy at the front of the line and two other employees and a cop, let us and about 15 more people behind us in with no wristbands. We where about 20 ft from the entrance to the house and she says we have to turn around. First of all she's be-littling us, holding up traffic and yelling at the wrong people, we didn't sneak in, we where let in, so she needed to be yelling at them, not us, right? I pay good $$ for my BG pass, I don't need this woman yelling at my like I just stole her parking spot, she was just very rude, that's all, I will be talking to some one about this.

After the yelling, she let us go in, but the damage was done, I didn't enjoy that house, because of her, plus I think there was only 8 scaractors in the whole house.

I'm not gonna break it down House by house, I've already ranted enough.

I will say that all the houses seem nice and long. Scaractors where pretty thin in all of them, so that was a little disappointing. overall effects aren't up to par with HHN, but I know that going in, the houses are still cool, just need more peeps. Now both other times I've been to HOS I didn't feel this way, so I think it's probably cause it's the first night and they haven't found their sweet spots yet. Usually I go in the middle of Oct. and there seems to be plenty of peeps in the house. Although much more crowded too. Which bings me to my next point.

The crowds where great, BG is more spread out that USO so normally it's not bad anyway. But this time it was really good. I didn't wait more than a 1/2 hr for anything, well except for the Shiekra, maybe about 45 min for that, with wasn't too bad, since it is a must ride at night. I had an issue with the ride op. on the Shiekra too, but I don't have the patience to type that out now, although, she will be in my complaint as well.

But yeah, crowds wheren't bad at all, they didn't seem as drunk or rowdy (as HHN) either. I did all the houses and rode all the coasters, before 11:30. Although I did have to leave shortly after that, because one of the people I was with is a baby and wanted to go, he had to drive back to O-town after that so I let it go.

And the 3-D house (nut) the new theming was cool, with the "emergency" warning over the PA through the whole house, but I don't think there was but 2 people in the whole house, where you guys on break? it was still a cool house though, I'm sure you'll get more help.

So I did enjoy myself, just not as much as I usually do at the HOS part anyway, the day was fine.

On a sad not I did note get to see fiends so the only nurses I saw was at the front of the park for photos, but they will do and so will the Death Jockey's dancers

Overall, if you are coming down for, or planning to go to HHN and you have the extra time and $$ you should definitely check out HOS as well.

Just don't go on the first night, but even if you do, I promise you you will have a good time.

There was enough at the end of the house, but in the beginning, it wasn't the same as it has been the past 2 years. Although my friends went through it later in the night and said it was much better. I didn't get to go back, because of my other whiney friend I was complaining about earlier.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't that disappointed, it just wasn't as good as it usually is, to me.

I'm still gonna go back next year.

Sorry to hear some employes gave you a hard time. It sometimes add to your "non-enjoyment" of the event and sets the tone when your treated like a child.

The event is a little unorganized this year. My wife & family came Saturday and they let everyone through the gate at 7:10....only to be "barricaded" at the shops area in the front of the park (???) She said after about 15 minutes the incoming crowd just overcrowded that little spot and she was none to happy...I think it set the tone for the rest of the night because they said they were simply "dissapointed" with the event this year (despite my scaring them in MY house).

As for the 1 or 2 scare actors comments...our stage manager has already brought it up to our attention, the scare actors at my house really held back Friday & Saturday and they were called out on it! We've had more than 1 complaint about hardly any scares in our house (not sure about the others). I know the "redneck" that works the Alien in the 3D house (those of you who went know what I'm talking about) has a GREAT scare and she straight up SUCKS at it which is a shame!!!

As for this...

^^I did Zoo Boo last year. I didn't think it was all too scary. The houses were long and were nicely-decorated, but each house had about a half a dozen Scare-actors. In each house, it seemed like one Scare-actor was really working and trying to scare people. The others just seemed to linger around. I even saw a few of them sitting around and looking more scared of me than of them! I saw one Scare-actor sitting around when the house first opened. You'll never see Scare-actors sitting around at other Halloween events!

Its probably because they're not getting paid for doing it...they're volunteer hours.