TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"One click" the AIRTIME PHILOSOPHY

Penny

The name of this philosophy come from a guest of my web site...

the "one click" is the sound of the safety bar when is manually

closing (specially on the old wooden coaster or in a "brucomela").

This is a video that explain that way to live a roller coaster

unfortunately is in italian but you can understand everything

following the movement of the actors.

####### Read this after watching the video ########

The basic concept is find a way to have the bars more opened

(but in a safety way) in this way you can have more space to live

air time sensation.

(i'm working on the second part of this video)

Tell me what do you think if you follow this "philosophy" usually!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me like it is unsafe, it is certainly blatently working around park rules. Although actually riding an Intamin Airtime Machine like that would be pretty much amazing... But don't expect me too do anything like that. I get good enough airtime with the bar in a SAFE position thank you ver much.

just a 'one click' theory? On many wild mouse type rides, I always try and get a minimum of two by showing my bag under the bar... It's not like it isn't safe as the bars are down low anyway. It gives my ride buddy such an experience as most of them are thinner than me... If I end up pretty much standing as we go over hills, they must truly fly... They love it though

I thought it was a cute video, BUT

To play devils advocate for a second as a former ride op, I'd always suggest following the rules for any given ride. Usually this entails sitting all the way back and upright with your feet flat on the floor. I hated when people would hassle my coworkers and I about sitting correctly.

When I had to correct someone it wasn't about being mean or ruining someone's ride experience, it was making sure I followed my rules and training so that my ass was covered. If something happens and you are the one who "checked" that harness, its going to fall back on you. And at one park I worked at, we even had cameras in the station so you had to be particularly on point.

That said, leaving a little space between you and the harness, isn't a big deal to me. Its the blatant disregard, by attempting to leave harnesses much higher than usual, that gets me. No one likes to be stapled, but I do think the harnesses should be used as designed which most of the time requires it to be at least touching your body.