Time in Park

11-6

Rides

Toro-4

Nitro-4

Batman-2

Medusa-2

Skull Mountain-1

I took another trip out to the park and the weather was great! I'm glad I waited until today. But as soon as I arrived, I knew things weren't going to be great. I looked at the closure board and saw 3 major attractions were closed: Kingda Ka, Great American Scream Machine (didn't miss that one actually), and Chiller. There were still many coasters I could still go to.

I can't really remember the order in which I did things so bear with me here.

I first went off to check on Chiller's status. I found both trains out back and still more mechanics walking around by Robin's train. So I headed over to Nitro and got on using my pass. It was running really well today, and no trims! After Nitro I wandered over to see what was up over at Ka. The path leading up to it was blocked off. So I went over to Toro. Toro was running extremely fast today, like lightning almost! The crew was doing an awesome job and there was no stacking at all!

From Toro I headed over for a ride on Medusa and got on in the front row, lucky break! Medusa is still a fun ride, but it screams out "Paint me! Paint Me!". I hope they do it for next year. I got off Medusa and walked along the lakefront and took in the scenery and how quiet it was. I ended up over in Movietown and decided to hit up Batman. The op put me on in row 3 and Batman was running well, like it usually is. Since I was over there, I decided to hit up Nitro again. I lucked out again and got on front row! Nice!

I was pretty tired from walking and walked over to the Boardwalk to see what was up with Scream Machine. There were 2 cranes that were near the first loop. They must've been working on the brakes. I got my hopes up thinking they were finally tearing it down! But it was false hope! So I headed back over to the relaxation station and got an Aqua massage, which was pretty interesting. Wish it lasted longer though. After my massage, I headed over again to see what if any progress was made on Ka. In one simple word: Nope. So I went over for another Toro ride. After Toro I headed back over to Medusa and got on again for another ride.

I then went and relaxed on the skyride. I got off and decided to hit up Skull Mountain. They must have done some work to it, because it was really much darker in there than it has been. Guess they finally figured out that it wasn't being a true dark coaster! After That I went on various flats and back over to Batman. I got on the 3rd row again and kinda got a headache. So I sat for a few minutes, then headed over for another Nitro ride. They put on the 3rd train so the line was moving quickly and trains were going out as soon as the other cleared the lift hill. After that, I headed back over to Toro and got on again for another ride.

I went and got lunch at La Cocina, it was delicious by the way, and then rested for about 20 Minutes. I then went on Rolling Thunder since there was no line and probably cracked a few ribs. That thing is just dangerous! So After that I went back on Toro and then I headed over to Nitro for a last ride. I got on again and as I exited I saw boats in the basin for Congo Rapids. people were yelling "help!" and I watched as they got rescued. Tired and appeased, I left the park, and left Ka for another day.

I arrived after opening, so entering didn't take long

\

Chiller continues to be a costly headache

No Chillin for anyone today!

Don't play in old man Chiller's yard, he gets so cranky he breaks!

Nitro will lift my spirits

Batman flies solo

Batman away!

Nitro is my one and only

It was working well

Floater airtime, oh yeah!

Skull Mountain is dark again!

don't know what this was but the kids sure liked it

The big wheel was a good escape today

Shooting commercials in the park

Out of place advertising in the Golden Kingdom

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nobody was getting near Ka today

Kingda Klosed

The real Kingda Ka was just as lethargic

RT was racing, but not for long

That's Intamin for you!

But so is this!

O-Le

Cobra!

It flips you around and upside down, but with no floor!

Cobra!

Owned!

From the Skyride

The Golden Kingdom

Kinda of a piece of crap

A look down Main St.

The Big Wheel is.....big

"cues Hallelujah Chorus"

They're tearing down Scream Machine!

See it's closed down!

Wait nevermind, they're just fixing the trims

Dance-off!

Suuurved!

Quite possibly my new favorite flat

The Slide broke down, No word on it reopening anytime soon. It's probably awaiting inspection or parts.

Fun game, I lasted through the whole shock cycle

Where the camera at?

Balin spots lunch

Medusa..again

And again

A lifeline is thrown

You're gonna need a bigger boat!

Was actually pretty interesting to watch.

Thhththththa'ts all folks!

Oh dear. And evac at Congo, the best work out for employees (Besides Evacing SUF). Christian, you know this has been happening all the time? Our dear friend Walter fell in doing it last wek . And I still don't understand why you hate GASM so much! And Chiller at this point should just be torn down!

-Dainan "Wow..I haven't been to SFGAv in 2 weeks" Rafferty

I've had good experiences on GASM this year, except when me and SxyDan sat in the last row and got killed! But otherwise, I enjoy it. But I'm amuned to rough rides groing up on GASM, Viper, and the original Chiller!

-Dainann "Rode GASM with a sprained neck" Rafferty

I really hate GASM but I dont think it should be torn down. I dont think any ride should be torn down, unless it is just breaking peoples necks and cracking ribs. I just love parks that still have their original rides, I see a lot of people on this forum who want certain rides torn down like SOB I just dont ride things I dont like.

Is there "Arrow Air" on GASM or no? (Arrow Air = air on the first drop in the back)

Great TR, and a question about the rapids, is that a portion of the ride or a retention pond? Seems kind of odd to have an evac on a rapids ride.

^That is the retention pond that they use, that's not part of the ride. These people we're waving at us screaming "help!" as my train was coming onto Nitro's brake run.

And there is no air on GASM's first drop. The only air I ever get is coming into the brake run when I sit in the first row.

^^yes it's sad to see some rides go. But when they're unpopular, borderline painful, they should go to make way for something better. If GAdv didn't sacrifice Viper, we wouldn't have the awesomeness of Toro!

So what exactly is going on with chiller? I know about the accident on the roll and the roll being replaced with trick-track. But I thought they had it running after that.

The Robin side was running for most of the season. Then something happend, but I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly what. Robin was seen testing a few days ago if I'm not mistaken. But no word on when it will open. And the months keep on stretching for Batman.

They're tearing down Scream Machine!

don't ever get my hopes up like that again.

KingDa Krap closed....what a surprise.

Cool trip report none the less, very funny.

So what exactly is going on with chiller? I know about the accident on the roll and the roll being replaced with trick-track. But I thought they had it running after that.

The Robin side was running for most of the season. Then something happend, but I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly what. Robin was seen testing a few days ago if I'm not mistaken. But no word on when it will open. And the months keep on stretching for Batman.

Honestly, I think all their doing is taking the 5 car off robin and putting it on batman. I hope it gets done soon, I love chiller and I don't think it deserves all the shit it gets.