TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Timberwolf @ WOF

OK. Here's the story.

About 2 months ago Timberwolf was closed for a couple weeks. After the supposed 'revamp' people got on and found out it was no different. About 2 months later (now) the Timberwolf has magically decreased it's roughness and increased its speed and is actually an amazing ride, especially in the front row. OK, now I've told someone. I'm happy now.

Yah, I know, this is a pretty useless topic, lock it if you want, but don't delete it please.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i will be the party pooper.

I rode TW just last week, and i really found no change in it. The dispatches were terrible, stacking was bad, and I almost killded my back on the turn to the MCBR. Also, when your on the approch to the brakes, You just want those last final hills to have fast airtime filled fun, but you just kind of move through them

Also the MCBR almost comletely stopped the train, completely ruining the second half of the ride.

I will give the ride some cradit for having an ok ride in the front, but it only seems to be amazing at night, and if your restraint one click to high

Timberwolf will always be in my top 3000 though!

Ok, i will be the party pooper.

I rode TW just last week, and i really found no change in it. The dispatches were terrible, stacking was bad, and I almost killded my back on the turn to the MCBR. Also, when your on the approch to the brakes, You just want those last final hills to have fast airtime filled fun, but you just kind of move through them

Also the MCBR almost comletely stopped the train, completely ruining the second half of the ride.

I will give the ride some cradit for having an ok ride in the front, but it only seems to be amazing at night, and if your restraint one click to high

Timberwolf will always be in my top 3000 though!

Ummm..... Since when does TW have a MCBR?

^Well considering that they are mostly doing structural work and not retrack work, you probably won't feel much difference yet. With that being said it is smoother than it has been. This project is on going and gradual so you will not feel any "light switch" changes during the course of this improvement process.

I'm sure the "MCBR" he's talking about is actually the set of antirollbacks after the helix.

But the antirollbacks don't "almost completely stop the train," where exactly is the new trim? Maybe he's talking about that.

Timber Wolf has been a hit and miss ride this season. Overall, much better than it has been, but sometimes you can get good, fast rides and other days, very slow and down right dull.

A lot of structural work has been done and some of the track has been recapped in some of the more brutal spots, so while not perfect, the track is much better. I would advise avoiding wheel/axel seats though to avoid the hard seat back pounding you in the back. Front seats of the individual cars are smoother.

It is possible that the MCBR comments are coming from the top of the helix. The train can move very slowly at the top if the first drop brakes are on hard. I guess someone might think that there is a brake there due to how slow it sometimes goes there.

The new brake is just before the long, flat 180 degree turn that is parallel to the first turn. This one seems to adjust to the speed of the trains. Sometimes the ride is over at that point, other times it is OK, but generally not great.

I have had some REALLY good rides on Timber Wolf this season and I have had some really bad rides. I wish they would let this ride run the way it can. It really can be a great ride.

The new trim is coming off the top of the helix heading out towards the Bobs turn section.

As I stated earlier, the new brake is just before the long, flat 180 degree turn that is parallel to the first turn (after the first drop). That flat turn wouldn't qualify as a helix.

The ride has been trimmed for YEARS. I was lucky enough to ride it before it was trimmed and it really was "top ten" material. It's pretty much sucked since 1999 or so, though.

Last time I rode it was in 2003 and it pretty much just dragged around the course.

I'm not sure where the trims are since it's been a while, but i know there were some down the first drop, and whether there are more or not on the rest of the course it doesn't really matter. The first drop trims kill it so much that it's just pointless to ride.

--Robb "Yet another Dinn/CCI woodie that was one good and gone to crap." Alvey

Timber Wolf has been a hit and miss ride this season. Overall, much better than it has been, but sometimes you can get good, fast rides and other days, very slow and down right dull.

A lot of structural work has been done and some of the track has been recapped in some of the more brutal spots, so while not perfect, the track is much better. I would advise avoiding wheel/axel seats though to avoid the hard seat back pounding you in the back. Front seats of the individual cars are smoother.

It is possible that the MCBR comments are coming from the top of the helix. The train can move very slowly at the top if the first drop brakes are on hard. I guess someone might think that there is a brake there due to how slow it sometimes goes there.

The new brake is just before the long, flat 180 degree turn that is parallel to the first turn. This one seems to adjust to the speed of the trains. Sometimes the ride is over at that point, other times it is OK, but generally not great.

I have had some REALLY good rides on Timber Wolf this season and I have had some really bad rides. I wish they would let this ride run the way it can. It really can be a great ride.

Umm, it uses PTC 2-bench trains, every seat is directly over a wheel.

And on a car related note, look at THIS picture, you can plainly see the buzzbar in the second row up, have there been any accidents on this thing? And i'm assuming that this ride doesn't have lapbar lock sensors in it.

I agree Robb, when the ride first opened it was definitely one of the best coasters out there. Then Cedar Fair bought the park out midway through 1995 and then around 1996 you started seeing the changes. You are right around 1999 was when it started really sucking and it has not got any better since.

What he is talking about is there is a "new" set of trims during the course of the ride (not the original two on the first drop, but more). I am trying to get him to pinpoint where they are, because he keeps "moving" them each time he posts

Umm, it uses PTC 2-bench trains, every seat is directly over a wheel.

And on a car related note, you can plainly see the buzzbar in the second row up, have there been any accidents on this thing? And i'm assuming that this ride doesn't have lapbar lock sensors in it.

The coaster doesn't use buzz bars anymore, but individual restraints and seat dividers for each seat now. You can see how one restraint is up in this photo below

37.jpg.23559607cf59a966a1a07589f6ff78e5.jpg

Robb, what you are seeing that appears to be a buzzbar in the up position are the two headrests of the front seat. (No, I am not referring to the photo above!) Funny that you can only see those headrests in that photo. That shot was taken in 1995, (I can tell by the new wood on the track) and Timber Wolf had headrests added by the 1992 season. 1995 was the last season for the buzzbars.

As for the "all seats over a wheel," the rear seats of the cars are much more over wheel/axel than the front seats. The wheels for the front seats are closer to your feet and not your rear/back.