TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Information

Well, heres the deal. Im going to Disneyland for My Birthday in exactly two weeks because I got free tickets from a friend. (June 6th) and I have some questions. (Trust me, I Already know about Nemo)

- Where's the best place to buy food at a (relatively) low price thats really good?

- Is buying dinner outside the park a good idea? (were staying untill closing at 11 so time isn't too much of an issue)

- We wont be arriving unitl 10(ish) am so what should we head to first?

- How is the ride on Matterhorn, is it still rough?

Any info would be great! Thank you!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YUMMM Bread Bowls from New Orleans Square sound so good now. Just down from the bread bowls you can get a nice fatty monte crisco too. The only place I ate outside the park was at our hotel and at Taco Bell (all the way to California and I settle for taco bell).

Definately hit up space. I think its all a matter of opinion of what you want to do and how much time you have. I was there for 4 days and didnt get everything done. Moved at a slow pace but I was on vacation and didnt really care much. I like getting all the mountains done but thats just my personal opinion

Well, heres the deal. Im going to Disneyland for My Birthday in exactly two weeks because I got free tickets from a friend. (June 6th) and I have some questions. (Trust me, I Already know about Nemo)

- Where's the best place to buy food at a (relatively) low price thats really good?

- Is buying dinner outside the park a good idea? (were staying untill closing at 11 so time isn't too much of an issue)

Ill try and help you out. Been going to Disneyland since I was three..going there about twice a year!

Best Places to Buy food-: I PERSONALLY, LOVE Pizza Port. Pizza port is located RIGHT next door to Space Mountain. You can get noodles, salads, pizza etc for relatively LOW prices! Plus they have an ampule amount of seating. All of which is indoors.

Buying Dinner Outside the Park-: BAD IDEA. Later in the evening, MANY people leave the park. I would recommend you STAY in the park.

Arriving at 10-: I don't see this being a HUGE problem. It all REALLY depends on lines. If Space Mountain is under 20 minutes, Id wait. Otherwise get a fastpass. Then I would head over to Indianan Jones. These are really the "big rides". Pirates, Haunted Mansion etc move VERY fast due to their loading capacity.

Matterhorn-: I personally DONT find it all that rough! You BETTER ride it! Do both sides..they both offer a different ride. I would suggest you ride it at night. It gives for an awesome experience...plus lines aren't so bad.

If you have more questions....please ask!!

-Ryan

I would have to say The golden horseshoe, that is probably the best bet if you get the chicken there with a soda, plus you can see a funny show!

YES, The park food is okay but if you can leave to get food, Do It!

Space mountain, it will be packed most likely and it is the best ride so hit it before everyone else

Yeah it can and most likely will be rough, but it still is fantastic.

YES, The park food is okay but if you can leave to get food, Do It!

You would rather go outside the park and pay MORE for less quality food then Disney? I absolutely LOVE Disney food. Although it may be a little pricey..its fantastic food. Mickey Pancakes, Pizza Port ETC. Nuff Said!

Also...You really cant go wrong with that. And the only problem with leaving is that you're killing about an hour to leave the park, eat, then come back in! Its much more convenient to eat at the park, IMO

-Ryan

Best time to ride Matterhorn is later in the day when the line is on one side of the mountain for both sides (cause of the parade). Much shorter wait, and you can still choose. Don't wait too long though, since generally one side closes about an hour before closing unless it's a really busy night. Also, you can ask for the front.

If you want to buy food outside the park, many restaurants are a short walk from DL. You can cross Harbor Blvd. and find numerous restaurants. There's a Denny's, IHOP, and a McDonald's right across the street from DL. There's a restaurant called Captain Kidd's, but walk by it. I heard the food is quite gross!

Don't listen to Ryan, he forgets that some people have different priorities.

If cost of the food is an issue, you can cross Harbor like posted above and find a plethora of fast food restaurants. Of course I would budget 1.5 hours for exiting the park, walking over there, eating, and then walking back.

If you're willing to spend an extra $5-8 per person per meal, then stay in the park. I personally like the bread bowls (either in New Orleans Square or in the wharf area of DCA) because they're less than $10 and if you eat most of the bowl, they keep you REALLY full.

Most of the counter service won't run you more than $10 with a drink, unless you get a dessert too.

Yeah, I'd love to stay inside the park but I have to pay for it and I really can't afford it. I'm turning 16 and I have to pay for all 7 people's meals and stuff so eating both meals inside the park isn't really ideal. Last time I was there, we went to the mcdonalds and it wasn't bad at all.

Actually, the bread bowls are what I remember the most at disneyland aside from the rides so we will definitely be getting those for lunch.

The Matterhorn and Space mountain are my two favorite rides so yeah, We wont be skipping them, Trust me!

Also, Lines arent too much of a problem. I have a condition with my knees and so I can get the Handicapped pass. Also, there is a friend of mine who is eligible for one too so we dont have any problems with lines.

Thanks for all the help.

I would say the best place for food is Pizza Port, because of its wide variety, but the bread bowl place is really good as well.

Buying dinner in the park is a good idea if you decide not to go to the few fancy restaurants like Blue Bayou, which can become Very expensive.

Definitely hit Space and Indy first, I would also like to note that Pirate's Island may not be open that day, because they will be taking down Fort Wilderness around that date.

Matterhorn is only rough sometimes if you ride on the Fantasyland side.

^Also, over at DCA, I like the Taste Pilot's Grill. Don't eat at the overpriced McDonald's in Pacific Pier! If you crave McDonald's (and who doesn't), you can leave the park and eat at the McD's across the street for less mula.

What do you mean by different priorities?

I stated my opinion...if he doesn't like it then fine...but don't have to say that Im wrong

Of course I would budget 1.5 hours for exiting the park, walking over there, eating, and then walking back.

And I said that in one of my above posts..it may be cheaper..but you're still killing an hour. Why not spend the full time in the park riding rides and only having to take 30 minutes to eat?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people, Im going to the park tomorrow and I'm really excited. I was wondering if there is anything that anyone wants me to take pictures of. I dont know if we will be wasting time on the pirates lair thing but other than that, we should be pretty much doing everything. Thanks for all your help!

What do you mean by different priorities?

I stated my opinion...if he doesn't like it then fine...but don't have to say that Im wrong

Of course I would budget 1.5 hours for exiting the park, walking over there, eating, and then walking back.

And I said that in one of my above posts..it may be cheaper..but you're still killing an hour. Why not spend the full time in the park riding rides and only having to take 30 minutes to eat?

Because some people can't afford the extra $30-$40/meal for 7 people to eat. Didn't mean to insinuate you were wrong, but you made it sound like it was stupid to leave the park.

I went to disneyland yesterday for the first time in 12 years. I got to ride the new sub voyage and enjoyed it very much. It was only open for seaon pass holders with a special pass but one of the CM's let us in the line and waited for only 5 minutes. It is a great ride for the family, but I think the lines will be slow moving like the old subs. Be sure to look for the mermaid rock sculpture near the end of the ride.

/\/\ I was also there on Thursday and saw the subs going for the special annual passholders thing. Ahhh! If only I had asked one of the CM's I might have had a chance of riding it. Now I'll have to wait in what I'm sure will be long lines after it opens...