TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Superman Coaster

Just to let everyone know that the new Intamin AG / Accelerator Coaster has started construction at Warner Brothers Movie World in Australia. If you would like to follow the construction of this ride we will have weekly updates and we will be following the construction of the new area at Wet'nWild Water World and at Seaworld on the Gold Coast. For all this construction just visit http://www.ozcoaster.net for further updates.

The coaster is rumored to have a launch of 0-62mph in 2 seconds and will have a max height of 131ft. It is due to open sometime between September and X-mas of this year. There has been a delay with the start of construction so the correct opening date is not yet known.

Wayne "Thanks Elissa" C.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a rumor that the top speed was ment to be 100mph but it was later known that this was a mix-up and it was ment to be 100km/ph. The good news is that it looks like we might have a B&M heading down under before the end of next year, but it is still unknown as to what type of coaster it could be.

It would be nice to have a hyper or giga in Australia, but only time will tell I guess, first thing is to see if this is just a rumor again or if it is truth this time. Fingers crossed

Yeah, but from what we have seen of the layout it should be amazing.

It will be the first rocket coaster with an extensive indoor section and some heavy theming as well. You only need to look at what Movie World were able to do with a Mack Wild Mouse (Scooby Doo) to get an idea of how this *could* be.

We're gonna do another update on Sunday/Monday and we'll try and see if we can make out some of the layout based on the footers etc. We pretty much know where the top hat and some other elements are going to be, but a lot of it is a mystery.

Hmm another reason to venture to Australia .. if Qantas would hurry up with the Auckland-DFW service I could get close ... somewhat.

Do you know when they are supposed to be starting this service? If they cos is comparable to the Bris/Syd - LAX route than it could be good for us to travel to florida.

It was supposed to be September 2001, but we know what happened then. Then it was pushed due to them not getting the new jets the 747-400LRs .. now they haven't said it's not dead yet, but they've been looking anywhere from Early 2006 to Late 2007 now .. to fit in with the new Korean Air route (giving 2 daily flights) and new American international routes from the new International Terminal.

Hi guys its me.

This ride will kick lots of butt should be the number 1 rocket for airtime as it will have a few camel humps in the mix, The inside part of the ride will be amazing I just cant say to much as im a employee and love my job at the park.

But I can promise regular updates as its alot easy when stuff happens at work.

so stay tuned for more.

I think that there should hopefully be an update either today or tomorrow, and will also have a trip into the past to remember the Cyclone

construction that happened a few years age.

As far as driving from Sydney to Brisbane, you are looking about a 8-10 hour drive depending on the speed you are going, so you can save a lot of time by just flying straight into Brisbane. But I am a little bias 8)

^ our parks are up here in the beautiful Gold Coast which is in the state of QUEENSLAND so you would need to fly to Brisbane not Sydney

Yeah, thats true, but domestic flights are cheap, so if there was a significant saving from flying to sydney first, than it may well be worth doing (not to mention that Syndey in itself is worth visiting).

Its an hour flight from Sydney to the Gold Coast or Brisbane airports.

Much better off flying into Sydney and spending a bit of time down here (doesn't compare but you should do the touristy Sydney stuff). Then that way you can fly dirt cheap domestic (Virgin all the way) and go straight into Gold Coast airport and save wasting anytime seeing Brisbane

...sorry guys Ill admit any day of the week that Gold Coast kills Sydney but you ain't getting me on Brisbane.

Much better off flying into Sydney and spending a bit of time down here (doesn't compare but you should do the touristy Sydney stuff). Then that way you can fly dirt cheap domestic (Virgin all the way) and go straight into Gold Coast airport and save wasting anytime seeing Brisbane

...sorry guys Ill admit any day of the week that Gold Coast kills Sydney but you ain't getting me on Brisbane.

Yeah, Brisbane isn't really a tourism destination, but its a great place to live.

The Gold Coast night life is good in a way, but somewhat fake and pretentious (as you probably know djrappa ).

Just to let everyone know that there should be another photo update of the superman coaster by this weekend, but Rabid has put some pictures of a small little Aussie "playground" (for lack of a better word) and some pictures of my two sons at Steve Irwins Australia Zoo as well.

And if it was not obvious enough then BUMP!!!