TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come on in and say "Hi".

robbalvey

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody,

My name is Erwin Ruiter, try to pronounce it in english. Many people don't know how to. I found that out on all of my 5 holidays to the USA.

So about me. I am from the Netherlands. I live approx. 10 miles from Walibi World (formerly Six Flags Holland, Walibi, Flevohof). My Favorite dutch coaster is Goliath. There should be more and higher coasters in Holland! We should more coasters like I have ridden in the US.

I'm more of a reader, than writer. In the period off registering till now, I haven't replied, but have enjoyed the many coater stories and videos.

Hobbies are: Coasters, photography, riding my motorbike, filming, filming while riding my motorbike and editing videos

Greetings from Holland

Hope to be in the US again soon.

Y zet Efje R één

tn_P9243140.jpg.c61b4c77711d0c7023e384feb0e95e52.jpg

Hello site an all who inhabit it!!!

i was on here before, but my computer crashed in January.So, i guess i can still say im new...heheh...

newayz,

My name is kevin.

i'm 15 yrs old.

right now i live in Atlanta GA(20 mins from SFOG)...

ummmm i love food music rollertcoasters, dancing, food writing music, food

and sleeping.

lets see...

my moms in the military so

i've been to different places like mose of europe, japan, Korea, and the Phillipines....

i like to travel alot...

i dunno what else to say...

Hi rob!!

Sorry not to be more active. Its not like I want to be less active here. I don't have money or transportation to get to any coasters so it hurts some when I read about others riding them. the POV videos are nice and I thank you for them. But they are not the same as being there feeling the G-forces rip through your body. anyway, i just wanted to drop you a line to let you know i am still here.

signed

david G

Hello site an all who inhabit it!!!

i was on here before, but my computer crashed in January.So, i guess i can still say im new...heheh...

newayz,

My name is kevin.

i'm 15 yrs old.

right now i live in Atlanta GA(20 mins from SFOG)...

ummmm i love food music rollertcoasters, dancing, food writing music, food

and sleeping.

lets see...

my moms in the military so

i've been to different places like mose of europe, japan, Korea, and the Phillipines....

i like to travel alot...

i dunno what else to say...

Hi everybody, I'm Dustin, I'm 19 and I live in Sacramento CA. I am a self proclaimed uber nerd, and darn proud of it. I live about an hour-ish away from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and I am a full time student. I have only been on about 24 coasters so I am quite the coaster newbie, but that will soon change...hopefully.

I will try my best to be a regular poster but school just sucks away my personal life...stupid history prof....

Hello Everyone!

My name is Dave and I am an alco...no, wait, wrong forum...Coasterholic.

I have been a lurker here for a while but am getting threatening automated emails so felt I should post something!

So here is a post -> |

See it being postlike. It might be more obvious if it had a fence attached, in which case it would look more like this - |----|----|----|----|

At this point I would draw many people standing by the fence queueueing for a rollycoaster, but sadly my artistic talent is lacking.

Hmm, my introductory post appears to have turned into a large ramble, so I had better stop there.

My all time aim in life is to ride an Intamin hypercoaster, and the best coaster I've ever been on is probably Kraken, although the back row of Nemesis in the rain comes pretty close.

hey i'm armand from holland. i like your forums and videos. i'm maintanance employee of walibi world .

at this moment we build a brandnew chosthouse for halloween named "club roxy". it will be awesome!!!!! Did someone visit walibi world before, during halloween?

greetz armand

My name is Brad from Baltimore, MD. My home park is Six Flags America, but gave up on them years ago. I prefer Hersheypark or Kings Dominion. I have ridden 113 coasters and plan to ride more and more. I have 2 kids and 1 on the way, whom I plan to mold each one into a coaster fan like myself. I enjoy this website and have this is my first post ever.

I just received an email from Robb Alvey admonishing me for not posting anything since I joined several months ago. Initially I was offended. Was he sitting at his computer waiting for me to post something? Is he somehow tracking my moves, my thoughts, my desires? I've never met this man who spells his name with one too many 'b's. How DARE he! After calming down with a few beers, a Mr Bubble bath and several 'under the counter' pills, I realized how he had done that for my own benefit. He actually cares that I contribute.

So, a little about me. I live in Punta Gorda, FL, between Sarasota and Ft Myers. I like to call it God's waiting room; we have the highest median age in Florida. I myself am VERY young here, at 42. PG's most recent claim to fame is hurricane Charley. On Friday, Aug 13, 2004, Charley made landfall here as a Cat 4 storm. I hope never to go though that again. No power for 14 days in mid August in Florida.

Don't get me wrong. I lived in Los Angeles for 14 years, from 1989-2003, so i've seen my share of disasters: The LA Riots, Northridge earthquake and any movie with Paulie Shore.

As far as coasters, my count is about 150, though I haven't really updated it in a few years. I really hope to do a lot more coaster trips next spring and summer. It's been a while since I've ridden a big woodie.

John

Hi all

First off let me say That I am a busy soul. I have a full time and a part time job. I work part time at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom. For those members that were at the Kingdom in August. Let me say I was working Deluge for the ERT session. I hope that everyone had a great time. The park was glad that you were there and we look forward to seeing everyone next summer.

Mark

Hi.

My name's Mark. Add me to the list of "check in or else you're deleted" people.

I hadn't been to an amusement park for more than 20 years. My niece wanted to go to Disneyland but couldn't find anyone to go with so she got stuck with me. I didn't know until we got there that she didn't ride thrill rides. Space Mountain: "too turny". Thunder Mountain: "guy got killed on it" (and this is after her driving from San Diego to Los Angeles at 80 mph while tailgating 10 feet off of everyone else's bumper). Tower of Terror: "are you kidding?". California Screamin': managed to get her in line for that one but it broke down while we were in line and I couldn't get her back in line again.

I finally ended up going on California Screamin' on my own. First coaster in a long time and I liked everything except the loop (too many G's for me).

I had a good time so I went to Knott's Berry Farm to try some more serious coasters. I rode Ghostrider in the back row. Big mistake. I thought the fillings were going to rattle out of my teeth. Then I tried Silver Bullet (a fairly tame B&M invert). I got tunnel vision in the final helix. Then I took one look at Xcelerator (the first Intamin rocket coaster) and decided to call it a day.

I've since been back to Knott's Berry Farm and enjoy Silver Bullet. And Xcelerator turns out to be lots of fun but is too short. I also enjoy Maliboomer (a 180 foot space shot) and Supreme Scream (a 250 foot turbo drop). I guess I've damaged my inner ear to the extent that I can now ride these things without losing consiousness. And despite being initially intimidated by the top hat on Xcelerator, I admit to an audible "oooohhhh, that looks like fun" the first time I saw a picture of Top Thrill Dragster. I guess I'm hooked.

Mark