TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NBC's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

PhishyBrewer

Am I the only one that watches this show? I hope not. Last night, The Christmas episode was probably the best episode ever. I've been pretty bored with The Office because Pam and Jim haven't hooked up yet. Jim is dating some stupid salt and vinegar chips ho bag.

So anyway... yeah, last nights episode was AWESOME!!! Danny confessed his love to Jordan. Even though she's pregnant with another mans baby. And Matt kissed Harriet before she did the news. Finally!

I'm feeling really... gay right about now.

Here's a video clip from last night. Effing great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJP8bkVWEtQ

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this show and last night's episode was great! Danny telling Jordan he's falling in love with her was so well written. And Bradley Whitford was just great throughout the entire episode... Unfortunately, Amanda Peet remains the weak link in the cast, though she is improving. Ed Asner's gruff CEO character's relishing a battle with the FCC was a delight.

I'm still trying to figure out if Matt's motivation for kissing Harriet when he did was to make her mess up her cues for the news segment in front of the movie producer in the audience... And the writers' meetings about Christmas were hilarious, especially when Matt rolled off how they'd calculated the physics of Santa's journey to deliver Christmas toys. The "To Catch a Predator" scene in the fake show was funnier than anything SNL has done in *years*!

The tribute to New Orleans with the NOLA musicians was beautifully done. I almost teared up when I saw the Katrina footage background saying "All I want for Christmas is my city back".

This was probably the best episode so far and I'll be very glad when the winter hiatus is over!

I've been wathcing from the begining and I think it's one of the best new shows this season. (The BEST new show is on right before Studio 60). The writing is clever and the acting really well done. Last nights episode was probably the best of the bunch and I hope it only continues to get better. I'm really glad NBC is giving this show a chance and have picked it up for the rest of the season.

I LOVE this show. Best show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned.

Last night's episode was really well done. I loved the New Orleans group at the end.

I agree that Amanda Peet is the shortcoming. However, she isn't actually all that "short," so to speak, and she is improving.

I would have to say that my favorite character is Harriet, probably followed closely by Tom. Both actors are perfectly suited for their roles and pull them off flawlessly. Of course, the West Wing alumns are great, but I've been seeing them for years (not that they aren't both wonderful actors themselves).

I really like the new writers as well. The Christmas scenes were a lot of fun last night.

CreativeForce - Heroes? That show isn't NEARLY as interesting as Studio 60. It's a good show, but it will probably follow LOST into the oblivion that is good television gone bad. But I guess I can't say for sure. We'll wait and see.

Amanda Peet remains the weak link in the cast, though she is improving.

Really? I love her character.

Oh don't get me wrong. I do really like the character and how she's been written. I just think that Peet is not the best actress they could have found for the role. Her acting style and sense of timing doesn't seem to entirely mesh with Sorkin's snappy dialogue style, but like I said earlier, she *is* getting better with it.

At least she isn't as poorly cast as Moira Kelly was as Mandy in "The West Wing"'s first season. Oh but watching "Mandy" was just painful, considering how more well developed and acted the primary roles in WW were... Mandy was why fast-forward was invented.

I think this is one of the best shows on TV (It's a tie for me between Studio 60 and House).

I've got a buddy that's on SNL, and minus all the drama, he said this is pretty similar to how the show operates. Well, they take some (re: a lot) liberties, but in general it's pretty close, ya know?