TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Silver Dollar City (SDC) Discussion Thread

p. 274: New Fire in the Hole announced for 2024!

2 hours ago, John Peck said:

Thank you for the help so far... just a  couple more questions to get the most out of my trip and stay ahead of the crowds:

- the park has a posted 9:30 opening time. do the rides start at 9:30 as well? Do people get in earlier than the 9:30 time and is there a rope drop or can we make our way into the park and line up for something. And... do you feel people tend to get there early.

- Do you get wet on the flooded mine?

- are there any other hidden treasures besides grandpas house and the cave that I need to make note of? I'm not sure when I will be able to come back here, so I want to see the most I can this trip. It's  lonnnnnngggg way from Ohio. :)

Thanks!

- The turnstiles open at 8:30 along with the square area of the park. As mentioned above, there is a breakfast buffet in Molly's Mill Restaurant right off the square that also opens at 8:30. There are other shops open then too. No rides are accessible until rope drop at 9:30. People do tend to get there early, but not it's not usually a huge crowd at opening.

- No, you do not get wet on flooded mine.

- If you have time, just take a walk around the park and through the MidTown area just looking at stuff. If you see a hole and it says not to look, you should for sure look in it. 🤣 There are so many little things around the City that can easily be missed when rushing from one ride to another.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Watched the POV of new Fire in the Hole on the main page here.  I think they did a great job of keeping the original spirit of the ride but with some modern elements.  I think some might complain they didn't change enough and I can kind of see that, but keeping it simple is probably better for them in the long run.    It seems a shorter ride now?  Might just be perception though.

On a more personal level I'm super happy to see they kept the painting at the end of the ride  of the guy with his foot sticking out, my kids always love trying to reach up and grab his foot as they pass under

• Like 4