TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Knoebels, DP & El Toro land

pkdcoaster

When they finally got it up and running last year, I believe they started running it with 3 trains (2 on one side and 1 on the other). Then when they "fixed" the broken train they ran it for a short time and then took it off. At the start of the season the went to one side, two train operation. I haven't seen three trains operate this year. I did see one on the track on the other side of the station, but I didn't see it get fired off.

I believe the accident involved the blue train. It was either the teal or blue. I can't really remember. For some reason I'm leaning towards blue.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first ride was in the back. I remember it being rough, but it wasn't like it has been. I rode it in the next to back row on Friday. My arms were banging up against the restraints so much that I have bruises on the insides of my arms. I don't mind getting beat up on coasters, so I don't really care that much, but I'm sure that most wouldn't like it that much.

It had a lot more rattle to it than what I remember. The best rule is to just get as far in the front as possible.

I wouldn't have ridden it if it wasn't a 3 train wait during Family Night.

^ And yes. The blue train has been missing. It made a few appearances that I remember, but it was in pieces.

KK will be a pile of rust in no time the way SFGADV takes care of things; thank goodness El Toro doesn't need paint or much track maintenance like a traditional woodie or else it would turn to junk like Rolling Thunder.

This park is a proving ground for the robustness of ride design.

SFGADV unfortunately draws a nasty crowd; most of it not local. And the staffing this time of year has always been a problem. Add broken rides to the mix and it's just not a pleasant place to visit which is unfortunate considering the excellent variety of coasters there.

• 2 weeks later...

What day did you go to SFGA b/c that looked like me in the first row on KK with my arms up in the teal train. I hope so if you went on Sunday sept 24 that was me. it was in the close up of the teal train. If it was me, That was my 13th ride.

What day did you go to SFGA b/c that looked like me in the first row on KK with my arms up in the teal train. I hope so if you went on Sunday sept 24 that was me. it was in the close up of the teal train. If it was me, That was my 13th ride.

4th KK pic down? picture was taken at 11am on 9-24-06. I have like 5 shots of that train, was your riding partner wearing a dark green T-shirt?

let me know

JEFF

KK is rough because of horrible, bulky train design that can't take the high speeds of the ride, not because GADV takes bad care of the ride. GADV retracks RT every year and always trying to keep up with that, they finally got both sides of Chiller up this year when the accident happenned, Chiller/GASM/RT all have gotten paint jobs in past few years, etc... The park has tried to do its job of keeping up with things, it's just that the rides from the start were crap with reliability/quality.

The general population of guests in this park have very ugly attitudes, and it sucks that it's so crowded all the time.

Well, that is in Jersey and all...

My only visit to Great Adventure was in 1995, I believe. I wasn't an enthusiast back then, but I do remember thinking the place was a dump. Hershey was SO MUCH nicer. And the rides at GAdv weren't all that in those days. Apparently, the place is still a dump, only with great rides now.

Though I've only been to three Six Flags parks, I've always found them to be a bit odd. It's like they're half-finished theme parks. It's like my condo. I started decorating it, and then got bored halfway through. I think the parks could be great in the right hands.

Great Adventure isn't too "Great" anymore.

Har har. I've only been there twice, and it was right before the Halloween events. The park looked like they just put some stuff up, left, and didn't bother to pick up garbage.

Yeah. Cursing a lot. College students, HS Seniors, the "rich and cocky" crowd mainly.

Why, even Morey's Piers (even Land of Make Believe*!) was better than GA!

*-Small park in Hope, NJ with a credit. Has a waterpark and stuff. Not too big. Family-oriented. Better than SFGADV in everything BUT rides.

Great Adventure isn't too "Great" anymore.

Har har. I've only been there twice, and it was right before the Halloween events. The park looked like they just put some stuff up, left, and didn't bother to pick up garbage.

Yeah. Cursing a lot. College students, HS Seniors, the "rich and cocky" crowd mainly.

Why, even Morey's Piers (even Land of Make Believe*!) was better than GA!

*-Small park in Hope, NJ with a credit. Has a waterpark and stuff. Not too big. Family-oriented. Better than SFGADV in everything BUT rides.

Wow I think now your officially taking too far.

GADV is NOT a dump. If you go on a non-crowded day where there are no crowds and no line jumping, it is far easier to see. It has beautiful scenery, great landscaping, some good theming....it's just a shame it has lots of operation problems.

Tell me more about these days? Are there dragons and unicorns running around also?

GADV is NOT a dump. If you go on a non-crowded day where there are no crowds and no line jumping, it is far easier to see. It has beautiful scenery, great landscaping, some good theming....it's just a shame it has lots of operation problems.

Tell me more about these days? Are there dragons and unicorns running around also?

Well the only day I can think of is first night of Fright Fest, but that has operation problems, line jumpers, so it doesnt count.

^ Have you actually been on both El Toro and Voyage, or are you just saying El Toro is better because you can actually ride it? I don't want to seem like an a$$hole or anything, I'm just wondering.

No I havent been the Voyage and I hate my sig. Ive been wanting to change it for months now, noticing that why the hell should have that in my sig cause I cant say that.

Oh yea and PKDcoaster can you please upload the 5 pics you have of that train. I want to see myself.

Since when does Rolling Thunder get retracked every year?

And, I don't think that Great Adventure is a dump anymore. It is no where near it's potential, but if you haven't been to the park within the past 2 years, you really don't have a right to talk. I thought the place was a dirt hole back in 2001, and now have been a pass holder for 2 years and I enjoy the place on the slow days.

Here ya go, If you guys think thats you, IMO it is very hard to make a positive ID. looks like you /\ had a green shirt on and white shorts.

pics were taken at 11:00am

JEFF

Yea thats definatly us. JCF1 has a distinct looks on coasters and that 4th pic down shows him. I was wearing a dark green KK shirt with black shorts w/ white stripes. We were on the teal train at 11:00 AM. So yes, thats us.

• 3 weeks later...