TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Star-Flyers and Chair-O-Planes Fear

How can I conquer my fear of riding star-flyers and "Chair-o-planes" I get nervous.

It's not the height which is the problem as I have been on MF, it's thinking "the thin 4 chains holding the chair might snap when 200ft high".

Anyone got any idea's which can help me as I'm going to Plopsaland in Belgium next week and they have a 70m high Star-Flyer.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just remember that they wouldnt even think of opening the ride unless they were 100% certain that those chains wouldnt snap. also, they're probably titanium reinforced for our heavier friends of the world.

there really isnt anything to worry about i dont think, just have fun

I remember having a slight fear of chains snapping on a swing ride at a carnival when I was younger. I'm going to be scared to death of the StarFlyer in Florida come October but the fear is half the fun, makes you feel more alive when you come down safely.

You have to remember that those chains are immensely strong. They're the same chains that carry huge cow carcasses around slaughterhouses, and in most slaughterhouses the chains are never replaced because they don't show any wear or tear whatsoever.

Also remember that parks and carnivals replace the chains every few years for safety. Next time you go on a Wave Swinger take a look at the chain and notice that there is next to no wear.

I was scared to do the Star Flyer... but now since they lowered the price to $7 per ride ($5 for a reride) I finally decided to do it yesterday.

To tell you the truth, it isn't that bad, once you're up there and have gone around a few times, it gets boring... I'll stick to my In The Groove 2, much more exciting for me

If a wave swinger breaks with the cable snapping you will most likely end up with broken bones and in a lot of pain.

On a Star Flyer if your car/chair flys off you'll probably die a painless death. So go ride a Star Flyer

If a wave swinger breaks with the cable snapping you will most likely end up with broken bones and in a lot of pain, awwe.

If a chain breaks on Star Flyer, you'll die a painless death! Hurrah!

So go ride a Star Flyer today!

Fixed. Now it sounds more like an advertisement

Thank You for your support and advice. I'll have to see how I feel after watching the ride in action next week.

I must say "Star Flyer's" do look fantastic, anyone got a Pic of one at night with the lights on..?

How fast do "Star Flyer's" spin, I felt quesy on the "Chair-O-Plane" I rode on Sunday.

Do "Star Flyer's" have different settings, e.g. speed, height..?

If the ride is not busy I could ask the operator to change the settings, knowing them they would put the ride on Max speed n height.

http://www.funtime.com.au/data/index2.htm <- Pretty much all you need to know about Star Flyers.

They spin pretty fast while they move up and down, but they dont have the wave effect that can be found on chairswings, so you probably wont get sick at all. Its just an amazing, relaxing (if youre comfortable with heights), wonderfull experience.