The Photo TR Adventures of Jordan!

Kings Dominion page 4. Lots of pictures!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
I get wet for Manta!

The Photo TR Adventures of Jordan!

Postby themeparkman25 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:31 pm

This summer, I was privileged enough to travel to some of the world's best parks and ride some of the best coasters. I had an unforgettable experience, one that I will cherish the rest of my life.

First, I would like to send a huge thank you to all those who I got to experience these travels with. I also would like to send a huge thank you to Robb and Elissa for our great experiences in Europe, and all they did to make the trip a success. Without doubt, this was one of the highlights of my life, and I definitely look forward to joining in on China in 2012.

Since the middle of May, I have traveled over 18,000 miles to 6 different countries, visited 17 parks and rode 90 new coasters. All that can be said is that it was a very successful summer, one I hope to duplicate in the coming years of my life.

I hope you follow with me on this great journey and can share in on the experiences as I relive them.

May 24, 2010- Kings Island in Ohio
May 25, 2010- Holiday World in Indiana
May 26, 2010- Indianapolis Zoo in Indiana
June 25, 2010 - Chessington World of Adventures in England
June 26, 2010 - Alton Towers in England
June 27, 2010 - Thorpe Park in England
June 28, 2010 - Gardaland in Italy
June 29, 2010 - Mirabilandia in Italy
June 30, 2010 - Movie Studios in Italy and the drive through Switzerland!
July 1, 2010 - Europa Park in Germany
July 2, 2010 - Wurzburg Fair in Germany
July 3, 2010 - Phantasialand in Germany
July 4, 2010 - Efteling in Holland
July 5, 2010 - Walibi World in Holland and Amsterdam!
August 8, 2010 - Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Virginia
August 9-10, 2010 - Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virigina.
November 12-19, 2010 - IAAPA Convention in Florida
November 20, 2010 - Universal Orlando Resort in Florida
November 21, 2010 - Busch Gardens Tampa in Florida
November 22, 2010 - Disney (job??) and SeaWorld Orlando in Florida

I will start with Kings Island and move sequentially until we reach the end of my travels. Likely, my Europe trip will not be posted until the end of the month, as I have yet to start many of the reviews. But bare with me, all trip reports will be posted and the best of the near 3,000 pictures I took will be as well. I hope you enjoy and can share this experience with me!

As always, extensive (and otherwise very truthful) reviews are posted over on my site, The Theme Park Experience.

Without further adue, Diamondback and Kings Island!
Last edited by themeparkman25 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 pm.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

I get wet for Manta!

Re: The Photo TR Adventures of Jordan!

Postby themeparkman25 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 am

Kings Island - May 24, 2010 in Kings Mill, Ohio

First, I want to thank the park for a great day and a very fun time. This was my first experience at the former Paramount parks, and I have to say, I did enjoy my time thoroughly.
1.jpg
Kings Island! The first park of many on my agenda for summer 2010. I was on this trip with a friend from IAAPA, also known as, rcg19!
Viewed 1439 times
2.jpg
First up, Firehawk. We had been warned that this ride got busy, and even as we got there, it was already packed. The 30 min break down didn't help the cause either.
Viewed 1439 times
3.jpg
With this coaster, I have now ridden B&M, Zamperla and Vekoma flyers. My thoughts on Vekoma flyers? Not bad! I really enjoyed this ride, actually, and thought it was very different in comparison to their B&M counterparts.
Viewed 1439 times
4.jpg
This would be the underside of the trains. Looks a little complex, right? In all honesty, I did not find the ride rough, and rather enjoyed the loop and rolls. I definitely recommend.
Viewed 1439 times
5.jpg
nevermind
Viewed 1439 times
6.jpg
Behold, Son of Beast in all its glory. Truth be told, I really would like to ride this ride. In fact, it is one of those coasters I have always had my eye on. Maybe someday I will get the chance.
Viewed 1439 times
7.jpg
I've been to Cedar Point, but this is my first Huss Frisbee. I have good things to say about this ride! Definitely one of my favorite flat rides now.
Viewed 1439 times
8.jpg
These rides, though, take the cake for my favorite flat ride. I absolutely love any kind of Intamin drop tower. The added height of this one (as opposed to the one I am used to) definitely improved the experience. They make cool sounds too.
Viewed 1439 times
9.jpg
Of all the suspended coasters I have ridden (Iron Dragon, Ninja, BBW), this one was pretty fun. I thought it was a little short and lacked a good layout, but had some good turns and speed. So, average arrow suspended it is!
Viewed 1439 times
10.jpg
For real, I want to ride it.
Viewed 1439 times
11.jpg
We are now arriving at Diamondback! I really like this picture! It also has two trains in it, if you look closely (lift and pond). Review of DB comign!
Viewed 1439 times
12.jpg
nevermind
Viewed 1439 times
13.jpg
The best part you ask? The corkscrews way off the ground! And the batwing, of course. Fun ride, I recommend it.
Viewed 1439 times
14.jpg
My first encounter with a Backlot Stunt Coaster. This one (as I would later find out), is one of the better ones. I enjoyed the bonus features like the helicopter seen and the shuffle going down the stairs. Definitely recommend this ride! It is a great mid range coaster for those not quite ready for the big stuff.
Viewed 1439 times
19.jpg
nevermind
Viewed 1439 times
21.jpg
nevermind
Viewed 1439 times
16.jpg
As you can see, we didn't have the best weather during our stay. This is not a reason to get down on the day, though, when we have a ride like DB to marathon.
Viewed 1439 times
17.jpg
We took the train as a breather from the airtime. Of course, it also had some great pictures of DB! This picture was taken for linerinduction (be ready for lots more).
Viewed 1439 times
20.jpg
This too was another coaster I watched them build from start to finish. Maybe it is just me, but it is kind of rewarding riding a ride that you've seen built from the ground.
Viewed 1439 times
22.jpg
What a great idea! I don't know how often I have to close rides to go get lost phones because some tweener's boyfriend was texting them and their life is now over because they lost their phone. Gah! I want one.
Viewed 1439 times
15.jpg
Diamondback- my number 3 favorite coaster. Truth be told, I have never had a more "magical" experience on a coaster than I did on DB, row 10. For the duration of the hills, it was pure floater air, on every hill. Absolutely astonishing. I occasionally thought I was going to fly from my restraint! I very much liked this ride, its layout, its interaction, etc. For this reason, it is rated so highly on my list.

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! Look for Holiday World in the coming days!
Viewed 1439 times
Last edited by themeparkman25 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:20 pm.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 am

Awesome start on this (what I assume will be) monster of a trip report, Jordan! The pictures are beautiful---especially those taken from the Eiffel Tower.

I hope your descriptions of each park are as detailed as the one above, because this first part was great!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Looty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:33 am

Good stuff!...can't wait to see more!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby tiger01 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Love the Last Photo! Cool Stuff! Can't Wait For Holiday World!
I quit my job at the helium factory last week...I refused to be spoken to in that tone!

My newest rct3 park...Marine World [Rct3]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Great pictures! I've never been to King's Island, and am hoping to next year. Now I'm getting more excited!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby STR8FXXXINEDGE » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:40 pm

This is awesome, Jordan! I can't wait till you get to the Europe portion. :b

P.S. You wouldn't happen to be doing the North East US trip next year, would you?

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby rcg19 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:40 am

Deleted by user
Last edited by rcg19 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:38 pm.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:44 am

^ The fact that you're a female who's not overweight puts you ahead of about 80% of coaster girls - if you're strait as well, you automatically shoot to the top 5 percentile. Don't worry! :lmao:

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby KI Kidd » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:44 am

Awesome Photo TR! I can't wait to see the rest!

I'm glad you enjoyed my home park. The airtime on DB really is something else. Did you get a chance to ride Flight of Fear?

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive