TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Question - First RC Double Platform Station?

I was wondering about this.

Which one was the first roller coaster build with double station platforms leading from/and to single track circuit?? ("Y" Switch before and after station).

I mean thing like King Da Ka, Tatsu or Batwing (at Six Flags America) has, obviously created to keep up with capacity of track when loading/unloading itself took longer than ride.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know. I'm not the kind of person who spends as much time with these little details as much as I do riding and having fun, so I'll throw this one out to the main forum and see if anyone else knows...

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Mr. Freeze coasters which have the sliding track, and California Screamin', which has the fork track.

I think possibly it was Big Thunder Mountain RR which opened in '79 at DL. Hard to imagine a park needing the added capacity allowances of a dual station Before DL did

That's a pretty good guess. I can't think of anything prior to that. But I don't really care to research either...

• 2 weeks later...
The ones I can think of off the top of my head are the Mr. Freeze coasters which have the sliding track, and California Screamin', which has the fork track.

Both types of track switch work for me, just two platforms from/to one circuit track was the point, so far good answers, thank you for help. I am making a bit of notes. Other facts are a lot easier to find