BBQ ~ Theme Park and Non-

Way more than three initials. (o:
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: BBQ ~ Theme Park and Non-

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Nrthwnd wrote: (Sat.Aug.18th) Here's the three BBQ spots that are participating in this year's Rib Fest at this year's PNE.

We're glad Misty Mountain is back. It's our fave of the three. Gator BBQ is our 2nd 'like.'

Well, we had our own PNE Rib Fest on August 30th, and what surprised us, was that our then fave, Misty Mountain, was the least liked of the three we had! Yes, we were surprised, too after giving it top marks for a couple of years.

But our then fave #2 Gator BBQ suddenly topped MM and our third ribs, Prairie Smoke. That one actually moved up to the middle and poor poor Misty dropped into third place.

Such is life and ribs. :)
IMG_7815.JPG
#1 Gator BBQ; #2 Prairie Smoke; #3 Misty Mountain. And with #2 we got cornbread!
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Sun May 19, 2019 10:36 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby petermccarty » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:21 am

These photos give me chills! Awesome 3-2-1 technique, it always works for me and I too don't get fall-off-bone meat but it is super delicious and that's all I want

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:39 pm

^ Yeah, we're hoping Boss Hog BBQ comes back next year's PNE,
which would make it and Gator an awesome 1-2 BBQ Punch! :smile:
(And we're running out of Boss Hog BBQ Sauce, too!)

Um, for those that don't know, those three servings ^^ that we inhaled,
were sold as a 1/3 Rack each.

Yum, indeedy.
IMG_1219.JPG
Hoping this one comes back, for next year's PNE! It's been away for two years, now. )o:.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:54 pm

Well, I found out there won't be a Rib Fest at this summer's PNE. :sad: I get the feeling they're not trying to depend on other food place owners that rent space at the Fair. The PNE wants that cash cow (moo) as well as the alcohol licenses for The Fair. Which they now have, hence no Beer Festival during The Fair any more.

A newly-named Revel District will take the area formerly called Celeration Plaza. There will still be a few rides there, beyond the Playland "District". And that great piano dueling couple will be back, as usual, with their awesome playing and taking requests. But...

PNE wrote:
Revel District

Indulge your wild with food, spectacular entertainment, and mechanical bull riding! This newly imagined Fair destination will offer some of the best Mexican food and traditional, charcoal grilled BBQ chicken and ribs from BBQ pit masters. In addition to rides and games, the Revel District features a bevy of shows on the Tim Horton’s Stage including strong woman Mama Lou, zany comedian Mike Wood, and Tuck Entertainment’s drag superstars.

So, along with the Rib Fest, maybe that big Poutine Spot will be gone, too?
2019a.png
And the photo they use is from last year's Rib Fest.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:03 am

This weekend I did some pork loin on the smoker… Rubbed with fresh garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper. Smoked over Hickory for around 2 hours or so. Served over mashed potatoes with a beer beef gravy (used my homebrew English Porter as the beer). Side of chipotle green beans.

Planning on pulled pork this coming weekend!

-Steve

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby joelwee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:15 pm

^ That looks great! What kind of smoker do you have?
Seat, don't fail me now!

Previous

Return to Random, Random, Random