TPR Coaster Poll Poll - IMPORTANT QUESTION PLEASE READ!!!

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!

What should this year's poll be called?

50%
50%

Total votes : 70

Site Admin

Re: TPR Coaster Poll Poll - IMPORTANT QUESTION PLEASE READ!!

Postby robbalvey » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Intamin_coyote wrote:Fair point.

We do, after all want this poll to be representative of all parks as much as possible, many of which are open year-round, and may have new rides open at any time during the year.

And think about it this way - Have you ever been to the Orlando parks during the holidays? They are INSANE busy filled with hundreds of thousands of people visiting them each day combined. I guarantee you there are people riding Hulk, Mako, Kumba, etc, all for their very first time that would then in turn add them to their ranking for that year.

Same thing is also going on in SoCal. And with parks like Dollywood & Silver Dollar City doing holiday events, you'll have people riding Lightning Rod and Outlaw Run for their very first time in December. Not to mention many European parks and Australian parks are also open.

There's just too many chances to ride GREAT coasters throughout the entirety of the winter that I wouldn't want to shut them out.

Intamin_coyote wrote:(Much unlike Golden Tickets releasing their results as early as September, which only further shows their bias toward seasonal North American parks. :lol: )

Oh, please! This is a *REAL* award system based on actual *REAL* experience! I take the Golden Tickets about as seriously as I take prizes won in a Cracker Jacks box! (is that even still a thing?) :Pr
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:09 pm.

ODS Drummer

Postby Crazy4Coasters! » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:44 pm

robbalvey wrote:So here's some more food for thought....

If we did this for a number of years and had a list of clickable links for the coaster poll results...

2017 Poll Results
2018 Poll Results
2019 Poll Results
2020 Poll Results
2021 Poll Results
etc.....

If someone wanted to see the results from the year Steel Vengeance opened.... they'd click 2018 not 2019, right?

Hmmmm.....

I would click 2018. Your example made me lean more towards using 2018 rather than the latter.
-Josh
ImageImage

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: TPR Coaster Poll Poll - IMPORTANT QUESTION PLEASE READ!.

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:24 am

Crazy4Coasters! wrote:
robbalvey wrote:So here's some more food for thought....

If we did this for a number of years and had a list of clickable links for the coaster poll results...

2017 Poll Results
2018 Poll Results
2019 Poll Results
2020 Poll Results
2021 Poll Results
etc.....

If someone wanted to see the results from the year Steel Vengeance opened.... they'd click 2018 not 2019, right?

Hmmmm.....

I would click 2018. Your example made me lean more towards using 2018 rather than the latter.

Yeah now I’m second guessing my thoughts.. Like if I wanted to rank Steel Vengeance I’d search for it in the 2018 lineup.
Bigger is not always better.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:44 pm

I like 2018 as well. When you see a list like that I think it makes the most sense, and it includes all rides of that year.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!