TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cell Phones and Rides

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... and I've had phones come out of my pockets on MM's Viper and Thunderhead, and the wild thing about Thunderhead is that it was in my jeans pocket, not just some cargo pocket

No phone is totally safe anywhere on the ride, but some are closer to being safe than others...

I usually wear the shorts and/or pants that have either the velcro pockets or the zipper pockets when I visit a park. If not, then I fold my flip phone over the front of my pants, tuckin my shirt and make sure that the lap bar or restraints goes directly over that spot...it works everytime.

I put my cellphone always in my backpack if I take one with me. If I don't then I just put in in the pocket of my trousers.

Backpacks can be annoying since you can't take them with you on many rides and at a lot of parks you can't leave them on the other side of the station.

Cargo pockets with secure flaps/buttons..some pants will have flaps that are sewn down at the sides and only open in the middle so your stuff is less likely to fall out. Some also have an extra button underneath the flap. If you're really worried you could get some strips of velcro [there are kinds with sticky stuff on the back so you don't have to sew it] and stick it inside the pockets. I've never had a problem with regular cargo pockets though.

Fanny packs are lame, but useful.

^ Exactly. I was just getting ready to post "How bout your car!".

Remember folks. We used to do just fine without the stupid things.

What Ted said!

I never take my phone in the parks.

d