TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Big Question: XM or Sirius?

OzCatter

Gotta take XM, cant stand Howie. What doesnt make sense is how if he doesnt care about O&A, why does he always bring them up.

Well XM also has MLB, WBC, better music, and overall just better.

What's your guys

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have XM.. also cannot stand Hoo Hoo, and his re-recording of 20 year old bits with Artie instead of Jackie. Now he's taking Fridays off.. yay.

I think XM has the superior channel lineup, even discounting the "big names".. and I have the Delphi MyFi 2Go.. the _truly_ portable portable, that even allows me to listen sitting on my front porch, with no antenna connected.

However, word on the air is that there will be a newer version of the MyFi coming out, that will also allow you to store MP3's from your PC in it to listen to off air.

Oh.. and the really nice thing about the myfi, you can save up to five hours of programming and then play it back like an Ipod.. very handy for working inside an office building!

O&A partyrock!

Maeryk

Well I have Sirius...Cant say I have a complaint yet. I am a Stern fan. Cant stand O&A. I also enjoy Martha Stewart Channel and the music selection they offer. Currently one channel is doing Pink Floyd week in honor of David Gilmour's Birthday on Tuesday. I have no complaints.

I have had Sirius for a few years now and its great and I would take it over XM any day, Sirius is worth it just for Radio Bam and the Wiseguys Show that isnt counting the NFL, NBA, NHL, tons of college sports, a great lineup of music & talk and the local weather and traffic.

I have XM and I haven't listened to too much Sirius. But in general XM is thought to have better music selection. If you want certain talk shows or sports then it probably will sway you one way or another. One factor for me was that Sirius has Detroit and Pittsburgh sharing the same traffic/weather station where XM has all individual city stations for traffic and weather. The shared station would totally annoy me. XM just signed the Big East Conference so that is a bonus to me.

I got XM a little over a year ago and I love it. I like the music selection, the sports lineups, the traffic, and the overall size of the units over the Little Doggy. I'll take satellite over FM, but I'll take O&A over Howie anyday.

I'll be looking into the mp3 MyFi once they're able to store more memory. Until then, I'm content with my MyFi.

I live in Canada and Canadian Sirius sucks so we put our subscription under a friends in the States so we got American Sirius and I have to say it is unreal and yes were Howard Stern fans but still if you don't like Howard Stern theres still Bubba the Love Sponge and then Raw Dog Comedy is flippin unreal so I have to say Sirius.

XM here! Big O&A fan as well!

I'm not as anti-Sirius as most XMelots though. Everyone is entitled ot their own opinion, regardless of what I think. I liked XM's hardware better and O&A put me over the edge. When there were rumors of O&A going to Sirius, I was loathing the thought of carrying around one of those receivers! (Although they are better now, XM is still ahead in the Tech game! The new XM2Go's are sweet!)

I got Sirius in my car from the dealer and it's great. There are 100's of channels. Never once have I heard Howard on the air. The only complaint that I would have is the signal from satelite is weak. The ground based transievers don't cover all of my area so it drops out. Not only under bridges but under trees and reflection of buildings drops it out. Eventually it will get better. I have a friend who has xm and sirius in his vehicle. Basically after listening to both for a while, XM is more mainstream... pop and Sirius will be more b side songs. Though they both are repetative, I like traffic reports, news and 80's music on Sirius.

I used to have XM but my situation changed and now I am hardly in my car, so for now I cancelled my subscription. Honestly, I think it boils down to personal preference, but I like XM over Sirius (which I have also had experience with since a couple of my friends have it).

... but my Ai-net iPod interface is my new toy 8)

I've got a Roady2 connected to my home system, and the only problem is that sometimes I can't get a good signal, usually when the weather is bad.

As for the programming, I enjoy many of the music channels (with the exception of the remixes, I can't stand them!)

I haven't had any experience with Sirius yet.