TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is Zero G Roll scary?

in all seriousness tho. . .Zero-G rolls are on many coasters (most B&M have them, including the Batman coasters that are everywhere).

they aren't' scary at all, and are really fun, with a snappy twist that's so fast you don't even notice them other than it flipped you and was fun.

It's a very standard element. It doesn't give you a feeling of nausea, or extreme tickle, if that's what you're worried about. Inverted drops on Wing Coasters and barrel roll drops on RMC coasters seem much more intimidating.

The only inversions that I can genuinely say still scares me are pretzel loops on flyers. The tickle is so intense and uncontrollable for me. I know it's coming and there's nothing I can do about it. That, and the nausea of flyers is why I don't care for them.

3 hours ago, prozach626 said:

It's a very standard element. It doesn't give you a feeling of nausea, or extreme tickle, if that's what you're worried about. Inverted drops on Wing Coasters and barrel roll drops on RMC coasters seem much more intimidating.

The only inversions that I can genuinely say still scares me are pretzel loops on flyers. The tickle is so intense and uncontrollable for me. I know it's coming and there's nothing I can do about it. That, and the nausea of flyers is why I don't care for them.

Flyers and their Pretzel Loops are definitely the ultimate throat/belly feeling that most of us associate with a first drop or airtime. A Zero G is much LESS intense than that.

• Like 1

Ah yes my first zero-G roll, I remember it clearly.  Batman the ride at Great America, 1992.  Such a huge deal that new ride was... and the zero-G roll was outstanding.  How could it do that without hurting anyone?  It was a marvel and we loved it.  But Tidal Wave (formerly in the same spot) was still better :)