TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Knott's, DL, and DCA in 14 Hours + Joshua Tree/LA

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ You can literally spend the entire day just people watching at Venice Beach. Makes NYC freaks look pretty tame in comparison. lol

The best part is you get those people + the jungle gyms/swings/fitness areas on the beach! The opportunities for entertainment are endless! And then you add the stoners/buntouts to the mix and you one up endless entertainment hahaha.

Great report! I only spent an hour in the evening at Santa Monica Pier a few years back but it was certainly lively.

I felt no shame riding the West Coaster. I rode towards the back and the "big" drop actually had a surprisingly strong pop of air. I wasn't expecting anything close to that based on all the flack the coaster receives.

Did they get that weird top spin where you manually control your flipping open? I saw it there 2 years ago but it was never on the website.

^^ You can literally spend the entire day just people watching at Venice Beach. Makes NYC freaks look pretty tame in comparison. lol

The best part is you get those people + the jungle gyms/swings/fitness areas on the beach! The opportunities for entertainment are endless! And then you add the stoners/buntouts to the mix and you one up endless entertainment hahaha.

My favorite bike ride is renting a beach cruiser at the south end of Venice Beach and then riding along the beachfront bike trail up to the Santa Monica Pier for lunch and then back in the afternoon. I guess you can also do the opposite if you are staying in Santa Monica. You get to see everything along the beach in both cities.

Great report! I only spent an hour in the evening at Santa Monica Pier a few years back but it was certainly lively.

I felt no shame riding the West Coaster. I rode towards the back and the "big" drop actually had a surprisingly strong pop of air. I wasn't expecting anything close to that based on all the flack the coaster receives.

Did they get that weird top spin where you manually control your flipping open? I saw it there 2 years ago but it was never on the website.

It was open and I watched it cycle, but it didn't look that fun. The kid that was on it rode it two times in a row, but he never looked that happy We rode West Coaster and the Moser drop ride which had a long cycle and was surprisingly fun. If we weren't doing just two rides I might have tried it out.