TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Summer 2006 Trip Options

What should i visit?  

1. 1. What should i visit?

Hi peeps

This is just a poll for my information... Im doing a summer 2006 vacation with my family and were gonig to visit one theme park. I dont know which one i should visit. This park has to be in the Northeast (New York, New - Jersey, Hampshire, Connecticut, Dela Ware, Rhode is., Pennsylvania, Massachussetts ?, Ohio - maybe too far, Maryland, Vermont, Maine) and has to be something that has lots to do...

please answer the poll and write any additional suggestions...

I personally think Six Flags Great Adventure would be cool, because of Kingda Ka, El Toro etc...

Thanks

John

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said Kennywood, due to all of the age groups this park does appeal to.

Many of your parks have so much to do. Honestly, I didn't get to everything at Knoebel's at PPP. So that park can be done in one whole day. It's a ton of fun.

Gadv-has a lot to do coaster wise, but not much else.

CP- Same thing

SFNE-best coaster in the US, Superman ride of Steel

I would consider looking at park websites, easily accessible on www.rcdb.com and figure out what would appeal to your family.

Katie

Now, i have considered knoebels, but not kennywood. Apart from Phantom, kennywood is pretty boring right? Compared to others? At knoebels, they have the third best wood coaster!!! Thats something to go for (and also no wait time!!!!)

thanks anyway katie

I understand that you haven't been to Kennywood, but there is a lot to do there besides Phantom's Revenge.

We have 6 coasters. 3 amazing woodies, a spinning mouse(one of the best), a hyper to die for, and a kiddie coaster.

Kennywood has an atmosphere that you can't even describe, flat rides you really just don't find anymore. If you read this, this is my review of Kennywood, yes I am biased, but many other people will tell you the same thing http://www.cnajunkies.com in the forums you will find a few reviews. It will hopefully be helpful for Kennywood and Geauga Lake.

I said Cedar Point. As much as I personally thing the place is just "ok", its one of those places that I feel all coaster enthusiasts must visit at least once.

Hershey or Great Adventure would be nice choices as well, and if you're looking for wood... Knoebels probably is the place to be.

I voted for Hersheypark because I think they are one of the best well rounded parks out there. They have a great collection of coasters with all different types of coasters covered and they also have a nice collection of other rides and the environment is great (clean, good crowds usually). Chocolate World (next to Hersheypark and free to get into) is also a nice stop as well with a dark ride simulated factory tour and a huge shopping area.

i talke dto my mom and she thought that she wanted a park with great atmosphere! I somewhat agree... Thats why i think i should go to knoebels... theres twister and PHOENIX and of course the High Speed TC and theres some nice flat rides... (AND-NO WAIT TIMES!!!)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Katie: do you agree that knoebels is better than knoebels?? Why or why not?

don't forget superman ros at sfne is high up on most peoples liked coaster list.

stormrunner looks like a great ride.

remeber most of the big parks like cp hershey sfgadv and sfne will have long lines in mid summer on saturdays and some sundays. parks like kennywood, lake compunce, knobels and maybe dorney would have better lines.

what eles are you palning on seeing, you could get a second park if you go to wildwood beach for a day. you would be able to enjoy moreys piers and still be able to play in the ocean as well.

Having been to all parks in the poll I would select Knoebels for a family, unless your family is adrenaline junkies. There is plenty to do, it's relaxing, lines are rarely present and best of all economical.

If all your family members are big coaster fans I'd pick Cedar Point over Great Adventure, mainly based on atmosphere ad as Parktrips says it is a mecca.

I think everyone agrees that Knoebels is better than Knoebels.

I submitted a vote for SFGADV (Six Flags Great Adventure) becuase I think they have one of the best varieties of coasters in the country. I was thinking SFNE but seeing how you have ridden Expedition GeForce, I don't think you would like SROS as well. I don't really like CP and I was thinking of PKI, but it is probably too far away. Wherever you decide to go, have fun!

I really can not compare Kennywood and Knoebel's are two different experiences.

Knoebel's has Phoenix, Twister, and HS:TC

Kennywood has PR, JR, T-Bolt, Racer, Exterminator, Lil Phantom

I would pick what you wanted, both are amazing traditional parks in America. But, pick what you want, hope you have fun. Both have a ton of flat rides, and all the atmosphere. Great food too, both places have awesome food!

Katie

I dare say, a comparison of Knoebels is not complete without mentioning the Skooters, Flyer, Grand Carousel and Haunted Mansion. I love Kennywood also but would rather ride The Flyer and Skooters over any coaster at Kennywood. And that is not a knock on Kennywood.

The Skooters (what would normally be referred to as "bumper cars" if I dare throw such an insult at a set of Lusse's) at Knoebels are one of the greatest rides I've ever been on. I like them better than 98% of coasters I've been on, they just kick so much ass!!!

edit: go to Knoebels

I didn't really enjoy Knoebel's all that much. Of course I visited on a very hot Sunday in August, and the lines were actually pretty long [40+ minutes for Twister, same for Phoenix] so I'm sure that didn't help..and I guess I missed out on the great atmosphere that I keep hearing people talk about. I'm not saying it's not there, just that I didn't experience it. I also missed out on the haunted mansion since the line was over an hour and a half and I wasn't willing to wait that long..yes that part is my fault. Also visiting on a Sunday was probably not that great of an idea, but it was the only day we could schedule it into our trip.

I guess it all depends on what you and your family like to do and what kind of atmosphere you like. If you like a lot of thrill rides, more then 3 coasters, and if you like steel more then wood, I wouldn't recommend going to Knoebel's. Personally I would say Hershey. It's a nice park with a lot to do, a nice variety of coasters, Lightning Racer , and the chocolate factory is right next door. It would likely be more crowded then a smaller park though.

I am also trying to pick a park to visit for next spring/summer '06. I visited CP this past summer and had a great time, and since I rode everything there (save Mean Streak), there's no need for me to visit again until a new coaster pops up.

I'm thinking about SFGAdv and maybe hit up PKD while i'm on the way. I would go back to Florida, but I need my roller coaster fix.