TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

First time Germany trip... Tips?

Invertalon

Currently on our trip now, about to depart our hotel for Europa in a few minutes.

So far, spent a day at Phantasialand, Efteling and Toverland. More detail later, but so far we enjoyed Phantasialand the best, followed by Toverland and Efteling. All so awesome in their own ways, though.

Taron and Troy both became near or top steel and wood for me. Incredible rides! Taron was near flawless. Trains, theme, layout, etc...

Excited to see what Europa has in store for us the next two days!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay. In Holiday Park please make sure to ride Expedition GeForce at least one time on the front right seat to see the awesomeness of the first drop and once in the back left seat to feel the awesomeness of the first drop!

We also have to insist that you do the drop tower and the flume at least once!

For Tripsdrill, the back right seat on Karacho is my favourite as it's the best place to experience the dive loop. The drop (or bounce?) towers have an unique element in them. The Badewannenfahrt is another must do. Naked people are awaiting you. Many small rides in Tripsdrill are well worth riding them.

Both parks have a Gerstlauer Sky Fly - the Tripsdrill one is the better one and has a revolution counter.

Expedition GeForce was really good! Extremely strong airtime. After three laps my thighs were in pain on each hill, haha. Got two in backseat and one near front. One train and slow ops prevented more rides.

The rest of the park was really weird. We didn't care for it at all.

Tripsdrill was fantastic. So beautiful! The flume and coasters were really good, had a nice time there.

Really nice parks here, that's for sure! My top rides remain on this trip, Taron and Troy!

^ Glad you enjoyed "TROY!" (how does that music in the station go, again?). It's always been one of my favourite wooden coasters world-wide. I remember riding it almost 12 times waaay back in the TPR 2008 Europe Tour. Would have ridden it more, but after ten+ times on any coaster I seem to start getting a headache.

Life happens.

I hear ya... I'm good for a few laps at most (although, I've always been that way). Im fine with it though, it's very much diminishing returns IMO on riding over and over again. Liked it probably as much as EGF, but in different ways, though.

I personally think the sweet spot is around 3 or 4 rides myself, haha.

The ride that somewhat surprised me most on this trip might have been Silverstar. Always thought of it as an overtrimmed, boring layout, but I was so wrong. Trims either didn't kick on at all or extremely light, fantastic air on each hill. Off the MCBR and out of that helix was ejector air I did not expect. Genuinely enjoyed it, way better than anticipated.

The ride that somewhat surprised me most on this trip might have been Silverstar. Always thought of it as an overtrimmed, boring layout, but I was so wrong. Trims either didn't kick on at all or extremely light, fantastic air on each hill. Off the MCBR and out of that helix was ejector air I did not expect. Genuinely enjoyed it, way better than anticipated.

So the rattle, especially on the bottom of the first drop, disappeared? That would be great. Perhaps it was only a bad set of wheels six weeks ago.

I'm glad you are enjoying your trip!!! I'm going to be in Europe in July and I'm thinking of doing the Europa-Holiday Park-Phantasialand-Toverland-Walibi (with maybe an added German park or 2).

One question I have... do the parks really close so early? (websites all mention 6pm during the week, even sometimes weekend). Last summer I went to Grona Lund, Liseberg, Tivoli Gardens, etc and they were all open really late.

I know Europa park is pretty huge... but if I just want to hit the show-case coasters and skip everything else, is Europa and Holiday World doable in a single day (early/mid week)?

I know Europa park is pretty huge... but if I just want to hit the show-case coasters and skip everything else, is Europa and Holiday World doable in a single day (early/mid week)?

I would never recommend Europapark less than two days. If you do Holiday Park first, you'll need two hours for the park and additional two hours for the transfer to Europa (in the best case. With traffic jams around Karlsruhe, which are likely in the summer, you may have more). Europa closes between 6 pm and 9:30 pm. That depends on crowds and weather.

If you only have one afternoon in the park and you don't know your ways, you'll be missing more than half of all important things to see.

Honestly, less than two days aren't enough if you want to experience the park completely. There's no Skip-The-Line-System, so queues for the major attractions will be between 40 and 90 minutes all day - so for Silver Star, Wodan, Blur Fire, Voletarium, Eurosat and Euro-Mir (which is the miminum you should do) you'll be around several hours.

Rattle on Silverstar was very minor, I've had much worse on other B&Ms so it must have been improved some. Completely non issue and didn't take from the ride at all.

I'd also recommend Europa as a two day park. We usually fly through parks and I was even skeptical we needed two days, but no issue filling both days up. Even considering we never waited over about 15mins for anything. But if you strictly run in for the coasters and nothing else, you might be able to squeeze it in. So much more to the park though worth experiencing.

Holiday Park can be done in an hour or two. Depending how many rides on EGF you want, of course. But given the single train ops and such, it can get lengthy. Holiday was a mediocre park overall though.

Yes, 6pm is a safe assumption for most things closing here. Europa was 6pm our first day, 630 the second day. Many shops and stores close then as well.

• 2 years later...