TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best park for coasters in EUROPE

What is the best method of transport to get from Phantasialand to Holiday Park? I have looked at a train which would take 2 and a half hours, which is not much for me, but it is enough to put my 'companion' off the whole trip. Are there any faster options?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phantasialand and Europa Park.

I didn't read the rest of the replies, because the thread could have been closed right here!

I do like the sound of that combo. However, I would really like about 4-5 days at Europa and 2 at Phantasialand. Including travel as well, it makes it about a 9 day trip. For me fine, great! And an epic trip, but yet again my 'companion' would NEVER go on a 9 day trip of basically just riding coasters at a theme park.

I didn't read the rest of the replies, because the thread could have been closed right here!

I do like the sound of that combo. However, I would really like about 4-5 days at Europa and 2 at Phantasialand. Including travel as well, it makes it about a 9 day trip. For me fine, great! And an epic trip, but yet again my 'companion' would NEVER go on a 9 day trip of basically just riding coasters at a theme park.

Agreed! I wouldn't ever limit myself to just two parks, if I was going all the way out there. A friend of mine, who I met through enthusiast circles years ago (and posts here occasionally, actually) routinely does out of country trips, and recommended the Germany trip the highest. Assuming he doesn't go back next year (too soon), I'll definitely be looking at joining him on his next time out there. Because, as you said, nobody else I went with would be down for the kind of trip that I would want, riding coasters and being at amusement parks almost every day!

Agreed! I wouldn't ever limit myself to just two parks, if I was going all the way out there. A friend of mine, who I met through enthusiast circles years ago (and posts here occasionally, actually) routinely does out of country trips, and recommended the Germany trip the highest. Assuming he doesn't go back next year (too soon), I'll definitely be looking at joining him on his next time out there. Because, as you said, nobody else I went with would be down for the kind of trip that I would want, riding coasters and being at amusement parks almost every day!

I know exactly how you feel. In an ideal world, three things would happen:

1. I could find another rollercoaster enthusiast my age.

2. Me not being socially awkward and being able to make friends.

3. He/she (I am not picky) to have £410 lying around. Luckily I do, because I sent some pictures and videos of a rollercoaster broken down to the media.

Maybe it would happen, the internet is a great place, however sadly you never know who you are talking to. Hence why I need to try and keep it to three days to ensure it happens at all. Hmmm. Two parks (even one sometimes) within three days with travel, sadly does not work very well.

I was thinking about just doing Port Adventura, however the compromise to go would mean I would only have 9 hours at the park, and with the new Ferrari World opening up, it may not be possible. Would 9 hours be enough on a summer weekend day at Port Adventura (world)?

I

I am also limited by my companion. Its extreemly hard for me to even convince someone to go there, let alone making such a long trip just because of the coasters. Rly exhausted already. It is nice to see that in the end, I convince someone and they always fall in love with theme parks

1- Hansa Park. Both Karnan and Novgorod are two crazy intense coasters, some of the best overall!

2- Port Aventura. Shambhala (awesome coaster), Furius Baco (crazy launch and nice coaster but TOO much headbanging), Dragon Khan (Decent B&M with a good 0-g roll). Next year with the stratacoaster it will be even better and will have the crown as best theme park for roller coasters here in Europe.

3. Liseberg : Balder (awesome airtime), Kanonen (intense and compact) and Helix (perfect inversions mix and insane airtime) are great as well.

4. Mirabilandia : iSpeed (awesome launched) and Katun (best inverted I have ever ridden)

5. Parque Warner : Stunt fall (still one of my favs), Batman (intense and awesome), Superman.. not as great as the other two, too much soft but still a good ride.

• 1 month later...

Germany in three days (inc travel) is decided. Everyone is going to groan when I say, no, there will be no Europa park. Yes, it is possible, but I would only be able to get one day, one and a half tops.I want to save such an amazing park for when I am older and alone and can spend some time there. Instead I have chosen to do this itinerary:

Day one, London to Frankfurt, followed by Holiday Park, then back to Frankfurt for the night to sleep.

Day two, Frankfurt to Cologne, followed by Phantasialand, and sleep there.

Day three, Half a day at Phantasialand, followed by trip back home via Frankfurt.

Compact, and not very robust (i.e, If plane is delayed one hour, no holiday park, thus no Europe's best coaster) but it should work.

What do you think?

3. He/she (I am not picky) to have £410 lying around. Luckily I do, because I sent some pictures and videos of a rollercoaster broken down to the media.

Probably not something to be shouting about on a themepark enthusiasts forum,but out of pure interest what did you film?