TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Zamperla Z-Force Drop Towers

Rascacielos.thumb.jpg.637eb0310d0a7754cfbc5c77dff4b5ca.jpg

This is an example of a Z Force tower called Rascacielos at Mundo Petapa in Guatemala.

So, I haven't really heard much about these tower rides, and they seem a lot of fun. Haven't ridden one just yet, but I'd like to hear back from those who likely have.

I've seen a couple videos and IMHO they don't look bad. I'd just like to hear from you guys how they are.

Edited by LeoBruz199

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I haven't really heard much about these tower rides, and they seem a lot of fun. Haven't ridden one just yet, but I'd like to hear back from those who likely have.

I've seen a couple videos and IMHO they don't look bad. I'd just like to hear from you guys how they are.

I have been on one before. These towers are NOT bad rides, but I personally prefer the ARM drop towers. To me these are kind of "blah" compared to an ARM tower.

----------------------------------------------

Also,

Sorry, I accidentally posted the same pic twice.

Since you don't have that many post let me help you out a little here... You can "edit" your own post and get rid of the second photo you added... Simply click "edit" on your original post, and then delete ONE of the attachments.

edit.png.95993e27a0eacde0614b308d92930b17.png

Click EDIT...

cut.png.fbd010a4c291471bcfc6e6cae148691b.png

Then delete one of those attachments...

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

I have been on one before. These towers are NOT bad rides, but I personally prefer the ARM drop towers. To me these are kind of "blah" compared to an ARM tower.

Ok, cool. Which one did you ride?

It's ok if you can't remember.

I've been to a couple of places that have these but didn't ride them.

Chimelong Paradise had it when the park opened. During a morning test, the motor overshoot the car and the car broke the bumpers at the top of the tower. The amusement ride authorities of China ordered Chimelong to fix it and they need to reexaminate the structure. Chimelong just didn't feel like fixing it and let it stand there for a few years before they removed it. Here's a really crazy/funny/creepy fake legend about it: A girl's hair were caught into the wheels and her head was pulled off during the free fall. It's so widely spread that it influenced the ridership of drop towers nationwide in China, the Intamin free falls on top of Canton Tower even require riders with long hair to tie up their hair before riding!

Discovery Kingdom also has one, but they run it every 20 minutes so I didn't feel like spending time there.

Sorry, I accidentally posted the same pic twice.

Since you don't have that many post let me help you out a little here... You can "edit" your own post and get rid of the second photo you added... Simply click "edit" on your original post, and then delete ONE of the attachments.

Thanks for that. I didn't notice the attachment tag when I first tried to edit it. Thanks again for pointing it out.

Hmm--I honestly don't know if I've ridden one of these. I've been on those crazy Larson towers, though.

Nothing matches the intensity of those Larson towers, including the massive Intamin ones on the sides of Kingka Ka and Superman.

I rode the WWE one at Niagara Falls a few years ago. It was a super shot style tower. The launch was slower than S&S versions, but the pop of airtime at the top was a lot more forceful. It was more comparable to the smaller S&S double shot towers.