TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2 Days of Windy... Carols?

2 DAYS OF CAROWINDS

Went to Carowinds yesterday to check out Fury.

Faster than a speeding bullet! (Superman Escape from Krypton, I bet you are angry! )

Beauty!

25 dollars of wasted money right here.

Vekoma's broken, why am I not surprised?

DAY 2 OF CAROWINDS

Entrance of dominance-ish....

I like carowinds!

Moar Station Photos....

I WANNA GET STUCK.... lol no

I'm scared

Forgot to paint a connector? Your killing me "smalls" (oxymoron yay)

I brought my cam on Intimidator because why not?

Why wasn't this spared instead of Thunder Road?

Oi... Gonna be seeing a Floorless conversion soon

That's all folks!

Regards,

-Imagineer Josh

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things

1. Great TR! I like the unique angles you got, I actually saw Fury's station up close for the first time in these pictures, as well as the lift up close and the weirdly shallow footers.

2. How in the world did you get away with bringing a camera on Intimidator? Don't you get in trouble if they see your camera on the ride-photo? Did you possibly get permission?

Nice photos of Fury!! Some nice angles we have not seen a lot before! Fury sure is a beautiful coaster!!!

25 dollars of wasted money right here.

I highly disagree with this. I think Slingshot rides area amazing, and worth the $25. Especially if you are riding one with someone who has never been on one before, or if it has been a while since you've been on one. I love the acceleration of them!!

2. How in the world did you get away with bringing a camera on Intimidator? Don't you get in trouble if they see your camera on the ride-photo? Did you possibly get permission?

I'm going to assume since the coaster was sitting on the brake run that he simply removed the camera from his pocket and took the photo. This is actually more common than not. NOT saying that it is "right" or "allowed" but I have seen a LOT of people do it.

^I see. That's a sneaky way to brag . I actually was fooled.

Also as for the slingshot, though I've never been on one $25 dollars is a bit much. It's the cost that prevents me from doing one, as I usually don't bring too much cash to the park. I know at some parks it's $15 dollars which is a lot more reasonable. $25 dollars is over half the admission to most places

Also as for the slingshot, though I've never been on one $25 dollars is a bit much. It's the cost that prevents me from doing one, as I usually don't bring too much cash to the park. I know at some parks it's $15 dollars which is a lot more reasonable. $25 dollars is over half the admission to most places

Well if you ever find yourself at Kings Island, go past the Slingshot when the park first opens and it is only $5.00!!

^Haven't been on it but from what I've read, lots of retained speed (until the helix which really looks like it kills the pacing how enormous it is), and lots of interesting transitions that will give you air while changing banking, like the "treble clef" turnaround that dives under the bridge. Oh, and I've heard the last few airtime hills give you borderline ejector. I'm sure someone who's rode it will give a far more accurate explanation though