TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Six Flags Arizona

Six Flags Arizona definitely lacked construction photos for their new coasters this year, but whatever.

May 5, 2001 - Nitro's Opening Day

Shot0415.bmp

Nitro is waiting for its big opening!

Shot0656.bmp

Stunt Fall's track has been complete since April 10, 2001! I heard they did a test run last week and experienced lots of problems. These problems are suppose to delay the opening until September. I hope that's not true.

Shot0490.bmp

Looks like Nitro's switchback queue turned on the fog at night!

Shot0429.bmp

Nitro has the longest queue in the park! I can tell this could already be a hit!

Shot0642.bmp

Nitro making a great run at night! Look at how Nitro and Stunt Fall towers over the new Nitro Pizza resturant!

Shot0639.bmp

The Airbrush Shop is looking good with Nitro in the background now! I heard they were getting the most buisness since Freefall opened!

Edited by real_cameron

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since everybody has been asking me to show them all the roller coasters, I decided that I would do a ride profile for each coaster, and maybe a POV! I'm not sure about the POV part though! Let's see how it goes! Starts tomorrow with Shockwave.

Edited by real_cameron

Ride Profile: Shockwave

Shockwave opened on April 28, 1990

Located: Boardwalk

Type: Arrow 6-Looper

Shockwave repleaced the Boardwalk Stunt Arena and some undeveloped area behind the arena. Back in 1990 the ride was the most popular roller coaster in the park! Now other roller coasters and flat rides have stole it's thunder. Here are some great pictures of the ride.

*Next Ride Profile is on El Chupacabra*

Shot0702.bmp

Shockwave going through it's two in a row loops!

Shot0675.bmp

Shockwave's station from a far!

Shot0704.bmp

Shockwave's station on the inside!

Shot0721.bmp

Shockwave and it's beauty at night! Especially with the nice lake on the side! BEAUTIFUL!

Shot0725.bmp

Well, for an old roller coaster, it still gets a long line. Probably still one of the longest lines in the park!

Edited by real_cameron

Ride Profile: El Chupacabra

El Chupacabra opened on June 3, 1995

Located: Mexican/Spanish War

Type: Triple Out-and-Back Wooden Coaster

El Chupacabra was a coaster that opened up the new Mexico area of the park. The new area included El Sombrero (a Chance Wipeout) and a new resturant named !Arriba! Snacks, which is now !Arriba! Subs. This is the closest roller coaster to the main gate which is why it is so popular and is still popular to this day.

Here are some pictures of the ride:

P.S. El Sombrero left that side of the park in 1998 and got rethemed and moved to Gotham City where it is now The Joker's Wildcard, it's much better indoors because it is pitch black in the building.

*The next Ride Profile will be Batman: The Escape*

Shot0774.bmp

El Chupacabra at night.

Shot0790.bmp

El Chupacabra at opening near the main gate.

Shot0785.bmp

The ride requires you to put your things in lockers.

Shot0828.bmp

El Chupacabra loading in the station.

Shot0781.bmp

A view of El Chupacabra from where Insanity's entrance is.

Shot0783.bmp

Once you enter the line you go straight through a switchback and then under the coaster and up the new ramp that they just built for this year!

Shot0773.bmp

The new ramp that they built. It used to be stairs going up to the station, but to increase queue capacity they built the ramp instead.

Edited by real_cameron

Ride Profile: Batman: The Escape

Batman: The Escape opened on May 29, 1993

Located: Gotham City

Type: B&M Stand-Up Coaster

Batman: The Escape was opened just in time for Memorial Day Weekend! It was built where Great American RIvers (a Rubber-Raft Water Slides). The new roller coaster brought a new food stand named Gotham City Food Factory. The new coaster also brought the retheming of a classical rotor ride, which is now themed to Mr. Freeze and named The Freeze Ray. Here are some pictures of Batman: The Escape.

*Tomorrow I will continue with the Trip Reports at the park. Ride Profiles will be back on Wednesday, June 20, 2012.*

Shot0466.bmp

Batman: The Escape from where The Freeze Ray and The Joker's Wildcard's entrance is.

Shot0449.bmp

The skyline from the west of the park which is where the parking lot is. (I know the quality of the picture is bad, but this was before I figured out how to see coasters from far away)

Shot0817.bmp

This coaster requires you to buy a locker.

Shot0468.bmp

Batman: The Escape has lots of themeing. They have a whole bunch of city building and one at the end acts like a tunnel which has never been done to a stand-up coaster before.

Shot0385.bmp

The queue line for Batman: The Escape. This is the worst themed queue line for a Batman coaster I have ever seen. It definitely needs some love.

Shot0489.bmp

Finally, Batman: The Escape at night.

Edited by real_cameron

This is just me, but the grass just doesn't look right with the Batman coaster. I'd say change the color and maybe add something like a road to amp up theming. Also, I think the queue needs some work as well. However, I really like the layout and current theming of Batman, but some tiny bits would really help, IMO.

July 28, 2001

It has been about two months since I last visited the park and I haven't heard anything about Stunt Fall testing, so at this point we are looking at a September opening which really sucks. Another thing is that Skyscraper has been closed since the start of the season. I heard that the maintenance costs were too high for the park and that they are getting rid of it for the 2002 season. Well here are some pictures:

Shot0536.bmp

There's the entrance to Skyscraper. Its all boarded up. I wonder what may go there. The ride is still perfectly intact so I don't know what's gonna happen to it.

Shot0643.bmp

There's Stunt Fall just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. At least we have Nitro until' this ride opens.

Shot0693.bmp

Nitro is still running great.

Shot0687.bmp

Nitro's beautiful station!

Shot0683.bmp

Best Picture of The Day!

Edited by real_cameron

August 12, 2001

Finally, Stunt Fall has started testing. It turns out that when Six Flags Over Georgia tested there Giant Inverted Boomerang called Deja Vu they found a whole bunch of problems with the ride that they had to fix. They had to install an emergency unloading scaffolding on the Cobra Roll, because it often valleys. Another problem was that the locking mechanism for the restraints required a battery pack. So if in the event of a power loss the restraints would be locked. And finally the last problem was the clearance between the riders and the track overhead, it would pose as a huge safety threat so Vekoma has brought them so new restraints so that people can't reach too high. Well, here are some new pictures of Stunt Fall:

Shot0842.bmp

Stunt Fall testing!

Shot0834.bmp

Stunt Fall's new scaffolding is up. Not very good looking, but safety first.

Shot0893.bmp

More of Stunt Fall's cobra roll and scaffolding.

Shot0897.bmp

Stunt Fall is pure beauty! I don't care what anybody says.

Shot0841.bmp

It was announced by Six Flags Arizona that Stunt Fall is opening on September 8, 2001! I'm excited, I don't know about you!

Edited by real_cameron

Stunt Fall Opening Day - Sept. 8, 2001

*NEW!* - The Guessing Game - Every time a ride gets demolished at my park, I will ask you guys a question on what you think will be going in the place of the ride. Your guess wouldn't change my mind on what is going in the spot because I am already at 2005, so I can't use suggestions, but I do want to know what you think.

1st Question:

What do you think is going in the spot of Double Trouble?

Back to the Trip Report:

Shot0706.bmp

First Riders on Stunt Fall! They look like they love it!

Shot0475.bmp

Looks like there ready to go!

Shot0460.bmp

Queue Line was not long at all! Maybe everyone forgot that Six Flags Arizona had another new coaster opening. Plus, the summer's done and schools in! Too bad Six Flags

Shot0431.bmp

Uh-Oh, Look what's leaving the Boardwalk this season. Double Trouble closed last sunday unexpectedly. They said they closed it because of lots of down-time. The ride was practically never open.

Shot0432.bmp

Double Trouble now has gates where the entrance and exit path was, but now those paths are gone.

Shot0433.bmp

Goodbye Double Trouble. I hope this spot will be home to something great!

I think Stunt Fall is a great addition to the park but, what are noodles? Autocorrect thought different? Also, I find it unrealistic that the park opened Stunt Fall so late in the year. I know it had issues, but wouldn't an Amusement park wait to open the ride, the next year?

I think Stunt Fall is a great addition to the park but, what are noodles? Autocorrect thought different? Also, I find it unrealistic that the park opened Stunt Fall so late in the year. I know it had issues, but wouldn't an Amusement park wait to open the ride, the next year?

Noodles is the censor for R/estraints. Thank the Hersheypark thread for it.

It's realistic to what Six Flags did with the Deja Vus. SFMM's opened August 25th, SFOG's on September 1st and SFGAM's didn't open until October 7th.

It's realistic to what Six Flags did with the Deja Vus. SFMM's opened August 25th, SFOG's on September 1st and SFGAM's didn't open until October 7th.

Haha, I literally just read that whole thing about Deja Vu's late opening on another site! But thanks for letting me know though! In other words, i guess it is realistic. Keep up the work!

@simaticable- Thanks for letting me know! Learn something new about roller coasters every day! hahaha!

I was initially very skeptical with this park, especially because of recurrent in-game scenery.

But actually it suits well the 'Six Flags' atmosphere, like every single coaster you chose to build. You also seem to successfully exploit terraforming.

It looks like you're not using the best picture quality. You could set anti-aliasing and Level Of Detail to max.

NEW FOR 2002 - ACROPHOBIA!

High-Altitude Attitude

Six Flags Arizona keeps pushing the thrill meter each year. This year comes 224ft. drop tower. It will drop you 200ft., falling at approximately 61mph before quickly hitting the brakes. Once you get off you are really gonna have some serious Acrophobia I think!

Promo Photo and Construction Progress:

Shot0434.bmp

More construction photos. They now have a proper fence up. Too bad it's not a chain-link fence so we can't see all the

construction progress. (Taken October 21, 2001)

Shot0435.bmp

Land has been cleared. (Taken February 6, 2002)

1778956713_SixFlagsArizonaAcrophobia2002DropTower.PNG.bc58c7a50a62087b356855f279b1e95d.PNG

Edited by QueerRudie

This will be a great addition to the park, because it just lost it's Intamin 1st Generation Freefall in 1998. Now it's time for the new generation of freefall. From what I heard from the park Six Flags Arizona will be opening on March 9, 2002. Acrophobia on the other hand will be opening on April 25, 2002. Here's some more construction pictures for you:

*P.S. Ride Profiles will continue on June 20*

*They made another announcement that for 2002, Six Flags Arizona is going to introduce something new for season pass holders. It's called Exclusive Ride Times, which is when you get to ride a roller coaster during a time when its not open to the public. Here's the schedule:

Stunt Fall & Nitro - Monday, June 3, 2002 from 9:30am to 10:30pm

Greezed Lightin', The Great American Scream Machine, Shockwave & Acrophobia - Wednesday, July 17, 2002 from 10:15am to 11:00pm

Rattler, El Chupacabra & Insanity - Tuesday, August 13, 2002 from 9:30am to 10:30am

Arrowhead Splashdown & Viper - Thursday, August 22, 2002 from 8:45pm to 9:30pm

Stunt Fall & Rattler - Tuesday, September 17, 2002 from 9:00pm to 10:30pm

Nitro - Saturday, September 28, 2002 from 11:30pm to 12:00am

I can't wait to see how this new Exclusive Ride Time thing works out. I'll be going to most of them, because I bought my season pass for Christmas. I just need to get it processed on opening day.

Shot0441.bmp

Acrophobia's queue area is being constructed right now and the tower will be going up soon, according to Six Flags Arizona.

Shot0442.bmp

Soon Acrophobia will be towering over the Boardwalk section of the park. It's also gonna change the skyline of the park! Can't wait!

Shot0896.bmp

Stunt Fall is said not to be open until' Memorial Day Weekend, because of maintance work.

Edited by real_cameron

I like the ERT idea. Also, do you know when the Fast Pass came out? Because I'm pretty sure that the Fast Lane passes (name before Flash Pass) were incorporated around this time. I'd love it if that was involved with the park. Good Work!