[RCT3] Six Flags Arizona

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ride Profile: Greezed Lightnin'

Greezed Lightnin' opened March 13, 1982

Type: Schwarzkopf Shuttle Coaster

Greezed Lightnin' opened in the former spot of Wild Rider (a Schwarzkopf Wildcat). It was a big hit in the 80's because of fast launch and loop which you go through forwards then backwards. The ride is still popular as of the 2001 season. The ride became less thrilling as more coasters came to the park, but it is great for a kids first big roller coaster. In 1999, the park added Double Trouble to the Greezed Lightnin' entrance was. They also added Rockville USA, an entirely new section to the park. They rerouted the queue line to go under the Greezed Lightnin' tunnel and right behind the Twister. Greezed Lightnin' really fits the retro themed Rockville USA area.

Here are some pictures of the ride & Also a Small Update:

Shot0917.bmp

Greezed Lightnin' from Six Flags Plaza!

Shot0921.bmp

Greezed Lightnin' going through the loop!

Shot0938.bmp

Greezed Lightnin' from the queue line!

Shot0918.bmp

From the Greezed Lightnin' station!

Shot0939.bmp

Guess what's now up and changing the skyline dramatically!

Shot0911.bmp

The catch cars have been added too and it shall be testing soon!

Edited by real_cameron

April 25, 2002

Today is Acrophobia's big opening day! I didn't make it to media day, but I heard they had great fireworks shooting out of the top of the tower. I heard they went all out!

Shot0912.bmp

Acrophobia is now open to the public!

Shot0630.bmp

Acrophobia's Kiosk opened today as well! It is so far away from the entrance. It's all the way on the other side of the Boardwalk going to Rockville USA. I think people will get confused!

Shot0699.bmp

The new crowded Boardwalk!

Shot0453.bmp

Acrophobia's entrance!

Shot0962.bmp

Acrophobia from the Boardwalk midway! That's a tall thing. Probably one of the best flat rides in the park!

^He used a CTR created by a person known as Herverton. The CTR is no longer available due to an incident on another site.

Parks is looking interesting. You might want to try to incorporate more use of Steelworx since you have it installed. The tunnels from Steelworx you could use on Greezed Lightning' would make them look quite snazzy.

*Sorry for not updating lately. It's been very busy. I'm at a hotel now, so I have internet. Thank you for being so patient. I have also been working on a new project for you guys. It's a surprise though!*

Ride Profile: The Great American Scream Machine

The Great American Scream Machine opened April 14, 1972

Type: Out-and-Back Wooden Coaster

The Great American Scream Machine opened as the first roller coaster in the Boardwalk section of the park. It was also the first roller coaster that was built under Six Flags' management. The ride was built to go over a tunnel that used to lead into Vieja California (which was cut in half in 1993 for Gotham City). This ride still remains a fan favorite for everybody.

Shot0999.bmp

The coaster from the midway.

Shot0946.bmp

Great American Scream Machine's trains in the station unloading.

Shot0945.bmp

Queue line for The Great American Scream Machine.

Shot1002.bmp

Great American Scream Machine at night.

August 15, 2003

Last week was Conquistador's last week at the park and they have already taken out the entire ride, except the queue line and flower beds. It is closing because of high maintance costs and low reliability. Maybe it will make room for a new thrill ride in 2003 or something. Let's see. There is also another possible rumor going around that this will be Sandblasters last year as well. So that could be another area for a new ride or something in 2003. Here's some pictures of the things going on at the park.

Shot0492.bmp

Conquistador all out and its boarded up.

Shot0363.bmp

Sandblaster's could be next on the chopping block.

Shot0965.bmp

Well, that's it's it for the 2003 rumors! I can't wait to see what they have in store for Six Flags Arizona in 2003!

Sept. 23, 2002 - New for 2003

Coming in Spring of 2003 is Speedy Gonzales' Wild Run. Speedy will take us on a all-new exciting journey through tight twists and turns. All while SPINNING. This brand new coaster will have your head spinning and your whole families adrenaline pumping. This is an experience you won't forget. You will take sudden turns around sharp corners and quick dives into the ground only to come back up and spin crazily through some spine-tingling turns. You and the whole family will have a great time on the new family coaster.

1460818007_SpeedyGonzalesWildRun.PNG.3bba364445a7b3060242bd27f60cc286.PNG

Promotional Photo

Shot0509.bmp

This new coaster experience is going to go into the spot of Sandblasters and the old queue line of Insanity. Insanity will be receiving a new queue line behind the Mexican/Spanish War restrooms and will enter through were the exit is. Sandblasters will relocated to where Conquistador was and will receive a new paint job as well.

Shot0493.bmp

Insanity's queue line will be gone soon and moved to the other side of the ride.

Shot0491.bmp

Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. Even though its a family ride.

Hey guys. Thanks for being so interested in the new 2003 addition to Six Flags Arizona. Today instead of a regular post with pictures, I need you guys' help with building the supports for the new roller coaster. I'm not very good at making custom supports, especially for a wild mouse coaster. So send me a private message and I will send you the link for the coaster without the supports. Please, I really really really need help! THANKS!

You have never shown us Rattler, Canyon Runner, or Yosemite Sam's Canyon Runner. Also I think two Canyon Runner crossers is enough. Maybe you should rename Yosemite Sam's Canyon Runner to be Road Runner Express.

Edited by QueerRudie

Sorry, but I went about this park all wrong. I am done with this park, because I am way too disorganized with this park. It got so out of control, because before I even started to post this topic I had been putting new attractions and taking out attractions all the way til' 2005. So I could only show you parts of the park, so you don't see the new stuff or things that were missing. Also my custom scenery work on this park was minimal and it could be better. This park just got really out of hand to the point where I stopped going on it and using pictures that I already took.

I'm sorry to everyone who felt like they didn't see a lot of the park. I will be better next time with my new project.

Look out for: Golden Springs Maryland

1990 Slogan: "Come join us at the springs, it's gonna be the best fun you've had in a while!"

Before I go any further into previewing my new park. I will show you some of the stuff I had planned for Six Flags Arizona.

I will preview some more of the park soon! I hope you guys are excited.

Shot1006.bmp

Six Flags Arizona's Fright Fest 2002: A Haunted Walk-Through called GhostTown.

Shot1018.bmp

GhostTown's last room.

Shot0875.bmp

Construction for the new Batman: The Escape entrance.

Shot0671.bmp

Sylester's Bounce and Pounce - New for 2004

Shot0934.bmp

Finally showing you guys The Rattler!

Shot0617.bmp

Arrowhead Splashdown entrance.

Shot0986.bmp

Good-Bye Six Flags Arizona

Shot0846.bmp

Bye new Batman: The Escape queue line.

Shot0940.bmp

Hello Golden Springs Maryland!