TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR - Lincolnshire Coast 8/27

First of all I apologise for not have any photos of this trip. Stupid camera broke on me at Pleasure Island and hasn't been working since!

So anyway, I got to Cleethorpes for about 2pm and went straight for Pleasure Island. The park was very quiet, so I got a few good rides in before I made my way down the coast.

Boomerang - Standard Vekoma Boomerang. Plenty of headbanging regarldess of where you sit. Rode this twice as the queues were short.

Hyper Blaster - A 90ft tall S&S Double Shot. This thing is tiny, but it's got the best airtime out of any Shot Tower I've ever been on! Shame it ended so quickly, but a good ride

Alakazam - Huss Body-squasher...I mean, Fly-away. I felt very weak after getting off this ride, it was much more intense than any Enterprise I've been on.

Condor - More Huss rideage. Got a good view of the town from 100ft up, even if the ride felt like it was about to fall apart.

Pendulus - Huss Frisbee. And a good one at that. The spin at the end of the ride is insane, with some great airtime as well. It was all too much for one poor girl, who's lunch came up to see the light of day again. The ride then closed for 10 mins after so they could clean it up.

Runaway Train - A small Vekoma Roller Skater - good ride for the little ones, and a lot smoother than the Boomerang.

Paratower - Never done one before, so didn't know what to expect. Turned out to be a nice gentle ride with a little pop of airtime when you drop.

Gravitron - If my neck was feeling weak after Alakazam, it was nearly snapped on the Gravitron. I knew these ride span around fast, but this one was spinning really fast! Quite a shock when the backrests shot up halfway through the ride.

Terror Rack - Pure evil? Well it's getting there. A bizarre program which wasn't very smooth, and having something poking up my ass for the whole ride didn't make for much fun.

At 4pm, I decided to give Cleethorpes Beach a miss and began to head south. The weather looked like it was closing in, so time was now an issue. Got to Mablethorpe an hour later, after being delayed by a car that had been pretty much been totalled in a crash in one of the villages along the way. Did my Runanway train credit, ate some waffles, bought some sweet stuff and then went to Fantasy Island.

Fantasy Island looks really impressive from a distance. They've got some big rides, and I was really hoping that Odyssey would be be good. But not surprisingly I was wrong. Very wrong.

Odyssey - Vekoma "Super" SLC. Quite possibly the worst ride I've ever been on. Brutality just fonud a new definition. Here's a brief run-down of the ride: First drop was really good. Then comes tha pain. The bottom of the first drop gave my midrift a serious pounding. The Cobra Roll, Horseshoe, Sidewinder and Corkscrew left my ears almost as bright red as the track. At £4 a pop, I wouldn't recommend doing it more than once. I rode it 4 times - they gave me a free run in the front seat on my last go as a testamenmt to my bravery! Definetly an A-list for the Worst Coaster Ever category.

Millennium Roller Coaster - Vekoma Looping Coaster. How can one company build two such contrasting rides next to each other? If Odyssey was Hell, MRC was Heaven! Unbelievably smooth all the way around, good Gs through the loops, I was laughing all the way! The track after the last loop is a bit lacklsutre, but a ride that has the spurious title of "Europe's tallest looping coaster to encircle a building" does make you wonder. Also has a £4 price tag, so only worth one ride.

Absolutely Insane - S&S Thrill Shot (I think). Not absolutely insane. But good fun all the same. I was expecting a more intense launch, but the face-down descent was good fun. It also pulls you higher on the second bonuce which I wasn't expecting either. Also only worth one ride with it's £4 admission charge. Program 4 was the best setting they had had.

Amazing Confusion - Mondial Ultramax. A looping pendulum ride with a reasonable amount of airtime, and good forces going upside down and back around. Reminded me a lot of Bling at Blackpool, but a lot better. Probably the best flat ride in the park.

The Beast - Mondial TopScan. I'd heard a lot of good things about this ride, but I got off quite disappointed. It didn't run for as nearly as long as I thought it might, and filling up each arm made the spins quite weak most of the time, because the weight always held it down. Ocassionally, there were some really good spins, but it was mostly just good, not very good. But it's still better than Samurai at Thorpe Park.

Volcanic Impact - S&S Space Shot w/tilting seats. A bit of a blowout. The tilting seat novelty is great fun, but rather noisy and clunky. Had about the same airtime than Ice Blast at Blackpool, but at least the launch was decent.

Rhombus's Rocket - Mack Powered Coaster. Good fun as all these rides are. A very fast layout with a few good turns and twists.

Fantasy Mouse - 5 mins before I was due to leave they got this ride working, so I ran over and got my credit. Got a good spin on it after the mechanism released on the lower section.

After that interesting trip, it was time to finish the night up at Botton's. I arrived at 9.15pm, so I only had half an hour to get the credits. It was easily done in the end though.

Queen Bee - Pinfari Inverted coaster. Built on top of the arcades, it looks a bit prone but it turned out to be really funny. They left all the train brakes off, so it was flying rond the last turn far too fast!

Runanway Train - Cavazza Diego Coaster. Standard model of a ride found all over the world. has a ncie kick going round the helix, and the park made an effort to theme this as well.

Storm - Pinfari RC40. Another ride on its last legs. Rough, uncomfortable and in some places, corroded beyond belief.

Big Apple - Pinfari Big Apple. Standard kiddie coaster. Nothing more to say about that.

Pirate Boat - Huss Pirate Ship. Crazy airtime on this, despite a short ride. I sat in the back and my butt wasn't touching the seat for most of the ride!

Surf Rider - Not sure who made this, but it was pretty average. It does the same motion as a Magic Carpet, expect you sit sideways. The naked chicks on the backboard were pretty cool though!

Rockin' Tug Zamperla Rockin' Tug. Nice gentle ride, but not as good as the Zamperla Disk'O, which is pretty much the same ride but a bit bigger.

Another fun day out - only 3 credits missed, 2 of them because I can't fit into the rides!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh, the Super SLC...I'm starting the countdown now till I get to ride it in June!

Hey, at least it was open for you!

And I agree, Millennium Coaster was the smoothest looping Vekoma ever, we were all very confused!

Ahhh, the Super SLC...I'm starting the countdown now till I get to ride it in June!

Hey, at least it was open for you!

And I agree, Millennium Coaster was the smoothest looping Vekoma ever, we were all very confused!

Yeah, it doesn't have many operational problems now - if it gets too windy it still closes, but it can run in lights winds now, whereas before almost ny wind meant that the ride would valley. The guy who runs the park got a lot of his money back on the ride from Vekoma because it was such a failure in its first year.

But seriously, take some headache tablets with you to Fantasy Island for this! It really hurts!

If all goes well, I might even see you there!

So since the modifications (Horseshoe turn lower etc) which they made it still closes because it's prone to valleying?

Yeah, it still closes in high winds, but it's a lot more reliable than it used to be.

But the good news is that it's not valleyed in a good while from what I've heard off the guys who run it. The ride after that almost empty train, the train was nearly full, and the speed was incredible!

And even when I had the whole train to myself on one of the runs I did, it was really flying round at the end of the night. The ride after that almost empty train, the train was nearly full, and the speed was incredible!

Certainly didn't slow down as the sea breeze became a bit stronger.

That's good to hear that it's more reliable then, Esp after all that money they have invested! I was gonna go up there over the weekend but never got round to it. I can't beleive they still havn't got wristbands because it can be a very expensive day out.

Great Report about each ride at the parks. shame about your camara .

When I went in July to do the same thing with some friends, took two vist's in one weekend to tick off Odyssey as the day before it was close due to Maintenance. After wasting £4 on it not in a hurry to reide it again or the park infact (Get Rid Of The Market) so tacky. As for the Beast, When I went on it had the whole ride to myself and lasted a good 12+mins sure gave the people at the bus stop a show .

As for Pleasure Island at least you did't have to wait nearly 4 hours for the Boomerang to open. Dam Thing , the S&S Tower looks laughable due to how high it is (90ft) but what a ride!. But for Pendulus the sheer Chav sick machine. Even if it is tamed down a bit due to the sickness factor and only dose full speed near the end, sure gives you time to laugh at Chav's. Lost count how many people i saw being sick on this and times I saw it close (way over 12)

As for the Beast, When I went on it had the whole ride to myself and lasted a good 12+mins sure gave the people at the bus stop a show .

quote]

My sister (who's not an enthusiast) was up there over the weekend and she mentioned that she went on a ride called the Beast and she loved it but she told me that it went on for too long! Some people you can't please