TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Redline Park [RCT2]

OK: here it is, RedLine Park. This is an example of how I build my RCT2 parks, and features a lot of different elements along the way. You will find it's not fancy, nor does it feature add-ons and trainers- Just the stuff that comes with RCT2 and the add on expansion packs.

The basic premise of the park is this: Earn 25,000 in ride tickets in one month.

I'm having some trouble posting all the pics in one shot, so I'll be starting with a few and adding on as time and the computer permits.

The first bit of pictures are the development of the park, as well as Phase 1. Phase 2 and Phase 3 will be coming along in the upcoming week or two, and will feature more developed areas as well as more involved rides.

Enjoy,

R.D.

SCR1.BMP

Creating the initial phase 1 of the park. The Berm in front is for the future Train/Monorail station.

SCR2.BMP

Gardens are added, and other scenery elements.

SCR3.BMP

The park is opened, and the first coaster is added: A Schwarzkopf Shuttle loop. (King Kobra)

SCR4.BMP

The first two flats; The Orbiter, and the Enterprise, both without scenery.

Edited by QueerRudie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Continuing with the pics...

SCR5.BMP

In year 2, a skytower is added, as are the Crashendo Bumper Cars. More scenery around the existing rides, and the park is beginning to make money finally.

SCR6.BMP

An overall look at the park. King Kobra is gaining some theming.

SCR7.BMP

In year 3, we add the 2Tone plunge, in it's temporary location.

SCR8.BMP

2Tone Plunge is open for business... and generating MONEY!

SCR9.BMP

Phase 1a is complete. The rides are now fully covered/treed/sceneried to death.

SCR10.BMP

Phase 1b is started with the addition of the Carousel as well as the 2Tone Plunge in it's permanent location.

Looks like you need some money over there.

I like the charm this park has. Yes, just the beginnings, but nice.

I do think your trees are condensed in very closely, and it clutters thes screens in my eyes. Perhaps you can alternate them. I understand the money restriant, so for now let the profits roll in!

YET more pics...

SCR11.BMP

An up-close look at the 2Tone plunge and the Carousel's queues/theming.

SCR12.BMP

Here's the start of the park's first full-time coaster installation: The Fireball.

SCR13.BMP

Due to high crowds, the Dizzy Daisies is added, and fully enclosed.

SCR14.BMP

The Fireball begins to take shape. It's basically my variation on the Intamin Megalite...

SCR15.BMP

Fireball is now complete, and is gaining scenery elements, including the faux splashdown.

SCR16.BMP

Fully themed and opened up for business.

SCR17.BMP

Phase 1b added a Neptune's fury, as well as this gem: Nero's Revenge.

SCR18.BMP

A close up of the Coliseum burning. Nero would be PROUD!

I love your bright colors...that's one thing I ALWAYS fail to do. The Mega-Lite is nice...especially with the welcoming 8-car train. The looper is pretty sweet too.

You probably should have added some varying terrain before you started this though! It didn't have to be extreme, perhaps just a river or a higher shelf of flat land with a slope going to it, or some small hills on the edge (or middle of the park) with flat tops for interest and a more original coaster palette. However, it's really cool what you do have with the flat land!

Glad to see your work show up here, all I can say you really have a way with names. Wish I could come with names like that for my rides. Dizzy Daisies, Crashendo and such. I also tend to shy away from bright colors, it is something I really need to get over.

My only complaint is your trees, your out of control.

Keep it up and I am going to break into your park and chop down every other tree.

Well, Phase Two is complete, and there's been a number of changes and additions...

First, the front of the park (the entry midway arcade) is starting to lose it's rides, which are being moved around the park to eliminate clutter and crowding in the front of the park. Secondly, you'll notice that there are now two 'pure' theme areas, A space themed area (AstroWorld; yes, it's a knock-off/tribute/homage to the long lost and sadly missed park) and WestWorld, a section designed loosely around the 'frontierland/wild west' theme formats...

As the park has grown, I've begun to take some of the 'less tree' advice...but for me they've always been a key function of my park and it's flavour; perhaps I miss KD's Grizzly too much!

So here we are, the updates from the Phase II construction.

SCR19.BMP

At the start of Phase II, the first new 'theme' area is born: AstroWorld

SCR20.BMP

The central spine is continued downwards to the mid-park interchange, and Stepford Day Spa (From the 2005 movie) is added: A themed to a disco Scrambler, with Glenn Close singing...

SCR21.BMP

Opening day of Phase IIa. You can see the Enterprise is now the TimeWarp, the Oribters are now Astrobouncers, and the SpaceRings are installed. The Big building towards the bottom is the SimEx Simulators.

SCR22.BMP

An up-close look at AstroBouncers and TimeWarp

SCR23.BMP

Looking at 4thDimension and the SimEx Simulators.

SCR24.BMP

An Up-Close view of Stepford Day Spa and WackyShack. I did something that I've not tried in the past with the 'bushes' around WackyShack.

SCR25.BMP

At the end of Phase IIa, this is the general park layout.

Phase IIb: This side will be the western addition, where a Splashwater falls and a Mini Suspended coaster will be installed. Here, the theming is a bit more explicit rather than implied, and I've decided to 'spruce up the atmosphere' with some themed entertainers.

At the same time, I'm also considering re-theming the area around Nero's Revenge and Neptune's Fury as a Classical G-Ds theme area, complete with statues and different gardens, but that's for the renovation in the future...

Sadly, as the WestWorld theme area opens, we prepare to say 'goodbye' to the King Kobra, the parks first coaster. There is a need developing for an in-park transportation system, and sadly, the loop and spike end of King Kobra are in the way. Just like in real life, sometimes attractions become obsolete, and the land under them is needed for bigger projects.

I did decide though that a new area of expansion will be the Children's part of the park which will be added onto the Phase IIIB expansion. Included will be Ginn E. Pigg's Barnyard Adventure: A Wild Mouse themed around my pet Guinea Pig. But those are coming in Phase III.

Here's the rest of the Phase II construction, including the new WestWorld theme Area.

SCR26.BMP

Construction on Thunder Falls, the park's primary splashwater ride has begun, with the lake being trenched around the run to the lift.

SCR27.BMP

I really do think that Splashwater Falls rides have a nicer feel when they're themed... as you see here, waterfalls are added.

SCR28.BMP

More construction is now visible: In the back of the picture, you can see Thrasher, the park's Spinning Mace ride, as well as the Haunted Brothel: A haunted house attraction. In the foreground, you can see Banshee's Flight.

SCR29.BMP

A close up view of The Haunted Brothel... (Perhaps I go to Vegas too much?)

SCR30.BMP

A close-up look at Thrasher, the spinning Mace ride, enclosed and with some skylights.

SCR31.BMP

RedLine Park has begun to fill out quickly, and is starting to mature into a bigger park. The stub ends at the base of the paths are being used as markers for the future expansion of the park to include the new Childrens Area, as well as expansion of the Wild West theme area, and the AstroWorld Theme area.

SCR32.BMP

A close-up of the junction between the current 'original' midway and the WestWorld midway. This is where the start of the RomanWorld theme area will begin, and pass through to the Main Gate Arcade.

Awesome awesome awesome! I like your simply good buildings. The double-dip on the water ride was well done too (I hate the people that make it drop go flat, then drop again...it's unrealistic). Again, I love your color pop, but your trees are so uniform! Kinda strange you get so normal with the trees yet so colorful with the rides. If you did both, it'd be spectacular!

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Included will be Ginn E. Pigg's Barnyard Adventure: A Wild Mouse themed around my pet Guinea Pig.

Now that is going to be interesting! Think we might have to invite Elissa to the grand opening of that one.

You are a building machine Rudie. After all the picking on you for the over abundance of trees I have to admit in two of the last updates all the trees really worked well, I am referring to the Crooked House, WackyShack (great name again!) and the big gray metal structure, SimEx Simulators. All those carnivorous martian trees look great around the building and the use of the sculpted tall and short bushes really goes well with the Crooked House.

Thanks to all who are watching this park grow up so rapidly! Ideas are appreciated, as things are always changing here...

Sadly, after eight years of operation, the King Kobra was closed and removed to make way for the new Redline Park Monorail. She will be sorely missed.

After some debate, I decided to drop the plan to extend the WestWorld and AstroWorld theme areas, and instead replace them with a Medival World section, as well as a 'future use' build area- which I've not fully decided how to use or theme. I did extend the Central Spike Midway down to it's fullest length, and the Redline Park Monorail has been completed- and opened, with two stops on each end of the Midway.

Year 9 opened up the new Monorail, and shortly thereafter in Year 10 the Kids World theme area opened, featuring a car ride, as well as the Circus and the Sliding Hill attractions. Construction work has begun on Ginn E. Pigg's Barnyard Adventure. This ride takes a LOT of time to build, simply as it's a balancing act of thrills vs. 'Kid Friendly' theming and intensity- it is NOT easy to do that with a Mouse style coaster for any reason.

So here are the construction pics for the latest additions to the park, as well as the preview shots for Ginn E. Pigg.

R.D.

SCR33.BMP

The start of construction on the Redline Park Monorail, with the station at the KidsWorld end of the park.

SCR34.BMP

In Memoriam: King Kobra. This scene will be quickly changing.

SCR35.BMP

The Redline Park Monorail is open, but with one station until KidsWorld opens 'next season.'

SCR36.BMP

As KidsWorld begins to grow, so does the scenery and the pathworks. This section has softer colours to match the theme of children all around.

SCR37.BMP

Now, as you see this particular section growing, this is the KidsWorld Monorail port, as well as the central garden area of this end of the park.

SCR38.BMP

A better look at KidsWorld's driving ride, the Redline Parkway. The park NEEDED this expansion as the crowds are nearly constantly growing each year.

SCR39.BMP

A preview of the next coaster for the park: Ginn E. Pigg's Barnyard Adventure. You will enter it under the Monorail Berm, much like the other end of the park, and then enter 'The Barn' before taking a trip through the farm via my Pet Guinea Pig's eyes!

Wow, I think dmaxba was right...those uniform trees do seem to match up in good ways, especially the monorail trees. Anyway, the kids section is going really well, and again the colors rock. I would have NEVER tried peach with dark blue, but you did it and it freaking worked! I like your style R.D., this park is going very very well.

Can't wait to see how you pull off the Mouse as well; it looks pretty tall.

Thanks for the compliments- Re: my name... It's been my 'handle' for over a decade now, and it USED to say exactly what I was... "Queer Rudie" As in Gay Rudeboy... It's not so applicable now, but it still works!

So far, more construction has occured... but I'll be posting the new additioons to the park tommorow; I will say this: Ginn E. Pigg's adventure is a -mega- hit with the park... but it's not the ONLY new addition to RedLine Park.

Coming in Year 11:

VAMPYRE!

Phase III update:

Well, it's finished. Ginn E. Pigg's Farm Adventure is now open, as are a few new toys and attractions. I did do some shuffling of rides around, as well as the completion of the new 'Medival World' theme area, and construction has begun on the Egypt planned area. Some other fun things now installed include the 'Vampyre' Suspended coaster, as well as Excalibur and Excelsior S&S power Tower rides.

Coming soon to the park: Egypt, with it's Phaeroh's Plunge VDM, MiniGolf, and the Cairo Crashendo (The Crashendo Bumper cars relocated to their permanent home in Egypt.) Another big change is also in the works, as I"ve decided that the park needs a Jules Verne theme area, complete with Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea attraction, inspired by Irwin Allen.

Enjoy,

R.D.

SCR40.BMP

The track is up for Ginn E. Pigg, and the Red barn is under construction

SCR41.BMP

The Red Barn is complete, time to start making it more like what Ginn E. Pigg would LIKE!

SCR42.BMP

Just like Mr. Mouseburger, Ginn E. Pigg likes to run in the grass.

SCR43.BMP

Take a ride through a Guinea Pig's eyes: NEW FOR REDLINE PARK!

SCR44.BMP

The finale of Ginn E. Pigg: Complete with 'jellybeans' that every happy Guinea Pig leaves behind!

Further construction photos of Medival World, Excalibur and Excelsior, as well as the NEW for YEAR 11 VAMPYRE!

SCR45.BMP

Excailbur and Excelsior: Our twin Power Tower rides.

SCR46.BMP

The journey continues in Amazing Adventure: Yes, that IS a tree I planted in the MIDDLE. HAHAHAHAHAAH! REVENGE OF THE TREEEEES!

SCR47.BMP

The completed Medival World Theme area, with fully-foiliaged park areas, as well as the recently transplanted Trebuchet ride, now known as Gauntlet.

SCR48.BMP

Hmmmm... That round spine, those sensual rails... Vampyre is born.

SCR49.BMP

The completed Vampyre layout, featuring the underground tunnel section. This is to compare it with what's coming up for it.

SCR50.BMP

Vampyre starts to get some nice village theming, as well as the complete platform/castle.

SCR51.BMP

SPLASH! (Yes, I DID pirate this element from a long gone, and SORELY missed steel coaster that I think everybody loved.

SCR52.BMP

The fully Complete Vampyre. "It will make your blood run COLD."

SCR53.BMP

Holy Themed Castle Platform, Batman. The platorm is a themed castle. With Holes in it.

SCR54.BMP

From Drench to Trench.

SCR55.BMP

RedLine Park: Year 12. It's looking more like a park should... but there's still a LOT more to do!

SCR56.BMP

I simply love how this ride looks.

SCR57.BMP

SixFlags, eat your heart out. We STILL have more room to build rides in!

SCR58.BMP

In other areas, The Axeblade Swing is now the Hangman in WestWorld, and with some creative re-design, the RomanWorld now has this: The Espresso A-Go-Go, and the new Coffee Shop fronts the ride!

SCR59.BMP

In other developments, Wild Egypt is now taking shape, and rides are starting to arrive on site. The section to the left side of the image is the future location of AquaLand, our water-theme area (Still in development)

SCR60.BMP

Welcome to Wild Egypt. After much hustle and bustle, the park has opened it's fourth new land: Egypt. Ride Cairo Cabs, the Cairo Crashendo, Sandstorm, and take a swing at our MiniGolf: The Clubhouse!

SCR61.BMP

Coming soon: Phaeroh's PLUNGE: A B&M Drop Machine designed to scare you to your MUMMY!

SCR62.BMP

Looking at the Plunge from a different angle, yes, splashdown again- It's still one of my favorite elements; in addition, the fireball fall drop into the underground section of the coaster is well worth noting.

SCR63.BMP

Finally, just a short while after the Plunge opened, I decided to give a little love to WestWorld with this: THE GUNSLINGER! Our Parks' B&M Standup coaster.

Your coaster are simple yet not boring, good job on that. Love the over the top scenery around the mouse, it works very well there. The row of carrots you have to go between at the end made me smile. Also liked the water section on the suspended coaster. The two tower rides where a nice addition also. But my new favorite in the park would have to be ^THAT^ stand up. So small and so perfect!

Well, here it is: RedLine park's final buildout stage. In this update, we see the completion of the park, and the final additions before goal has been reached; 25,000 in ride revenue per month. NOT an easy task, but once the park filled out, it became much easier.

Some major changes were made to the park itself- 1.) Due to a 'ride maximum build' status, the Balloon and Dino Huts were removed, in order to open up the number of rides to be built. 2.) A few rides were re-organized in order to make space for future attractions, and 3.) a few 'surprise' attractions were added, just because I thought they needed it.

There are several new coasters now built, and -squeezed- into the park- a sign of the times, I'm afraid!

But is that Claude Mabillard I spy over next to Vampyre? What could HE be doing here again? He's already got several of his rides here... But then again, he tends to fly in and out frequently.

R.D.

SCR64.BMP

An overview of the newest theme area: AquaLand, where water meets the rides. The large basin in the front is for the submarine ride.

SCR65.BMP

Aerial View of Redline Park, as it approaches it's mid-life.

SCR66.BMP

A 'surprise' coaster: The Tut's Transport Junior coaster.

SCR68.BMP

Swan Lake 68. A ride that is designed for, um, 'cuddling.' After all, I'd want my BF to ride with me...

SCR69.BMP

The Egypt and AquaLand theme areas now filled in; here's where some real magic will soon occur.

SCR70.BMP

Another Aerial view, from the perspective of the park showing Egypt and Aqualand as part of the map. Now what's next?

SCR71.BMP

Why, YES! It's Kobra's Revenge, our New for Year 16 Megacoaster from the fine folks at B&M. They seem to be popping up in the park more lately... Isn't that Claude Mabillard surveying land over near the Vampyre?

SCR72.BMP

This is the back half of Kobra... notice the tunnels? Well, the train DOES do some interesting underground stuff... especially considering THIS is the other side of AQUALAND!

SCR73.BMP

And into the Underwater tunnel... complete with Headchopper, provided by Tut...

SCR74.BMP

Swan Lake 68 again. Yes, I do like this ride. And it's always full of peeps. Go figure!

Well, it was bound to happen... RedLine Park is finished! So here are the last few shots of the park that is (at least for now complete... and a 'preview' of the next park in the Chain: RedLine Park, Coventry.

The rides are pretty well tightly integrated into the final layout; I did do some minor tweaking of the layout and some of the ride pricing, but full houses all around, and lots of happy people.

R.D.

SCR75.BMP

Introducing our Park's Newest B&M: DragonFlight.

SCR76.BMP

I wanted to integrate the DragaonFlight and the Vampyre, just for visuals.

SCR77.BMP

A closeup of the Submarine ride- I never knew how popular these things are!

SCR79.BMP

Construction begins on the Tsunami coaster.

SCR80.BMP

Sort of stolen from a handful of rides, but really a knock-off of a Eurofighter.

SCR81.BMP

A better shot of the completed layout.

SCR81.BMP

A little scenery.

SCR83.BMP

The fully-completed park.

SCR84.BMP

And the preview of RedLine Park Coventry: With a little time, some imagination, and hopefully some down-time, this should turn into a great little park... But more on that to come!

Since RedLine park was such a success, I decided the chain needed a second and larger park.

Introducing: RedLine Park: Coventry.

This park features a larger spread, more interesting scenery (Lakes, Hills, more trees) that spread out across a great distance and allow more 'large scale' rides to be built and in quantity. At the same time, I'm using a modified version of my usual park layout, and pre-building for future expansions.

In this first update, we see the building of the opening gates, the initial two branches of the Main Street Arcade, and adding additiona rides- including my first 'posted' coaster: The AeroPlane Dips.

Enjoy- and I'll be adding more posts of the new expansions over the next week or so!

R.D.

SCR85.BMP

The Front gate with scenery- and the 'ticket windows' of the Administration building.

SCR86.BMP

Much like RedLine Park, we also have our standard Shuttle Loop.

SCR87.BMP

And, like the other park, I'm using the Enterprise and Dizzy Daisies to start with for flats.

SCR88.BMP

Coverings begin to go up for the Shuttle Loop and for the flats.

SCR90.BMP

Main Street now fully themed, and the Year 2 ride is added: 2Tone Plunge, but only in it's temporary location.

SCR91.BMP

Food, Glorious FOOD! The first food and souvenir stalls are placed.

SCR92.BMP

The first branch is added, and we opened our Autopia go-kart ride.

SCR93.BMP

Here you see the AeroPlane Dips under construction. The Lift Hill and platform.

SCR94.BMP

Why don't more rides use spiral dives like this?

SCR95.BMP

The completed, themed and running AeroPlane Dips.

SCR96.BMP

Meanwhile, On the other side of the park, the second branch is being added. This is 'The LOVE boat' swan ride, complete with tunnel for canoodiling.

SCR97.BMP

Completed, and ready to go. I have been using more of these types of rides recently: They hold a ton of people, and make for a great gentle ride setup!

SCR98.BMP

Another backside shot of AeroPlane Dips.

SCR99.BMP

This is the first 'fully themed' coaster for the park- a B&M MegaCoaster that's themed around time travel.

SCR100.BMP

The platform is a themed building, inside and out- I didn't get a shot of the Rock Walls lining the interior, but they're there!

SCR1.BMP

The future 'Medival' era for the Time coaster.