TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Redline Park [RCT2]

RedLine Park Coventry has had some expansion work done.

First, the park's perimeter loop is now finished- but isn't open to the rest of the park. I want to finish building out the park in stages, so I can decide what goes where better.

The Western town of Del Rey is now opened, featuring the Wacky Shack, the Tumbleweed (The Apple Turnover relocated to it's permanent home) and the Roundabout. In addition, the parks' Fourth major coaster, the Outlaw is opened, featuring a terrain first half with twin loops, as well as a twisting, turning finale with a heartline twist added in for good measure.

Enjoy!

R.D.

SCR2.BMP

Here, you can see the new Time Warp coaster's Medival section, featuring the ride-through elements of the town and of the Castle.

SCR3.BMP

A better view of the castle.

SCR4.BMP

An overall shot of the completed and themed Time Warp coaster.

SCR5.BMP

A general aerial shot of the Perimeter loop, showing the future Del Rey section, as well as the overall layout of the park.

SCR6.BMP

Del Rey begins to take shape.

SCR7.BMP

Construction of the Outlaw, featuring a hybrid lift of launch and chain to boost speed up the lift hill.

SCR8.BMP

A look at the terrain half of the Outlaw, featuring the double looping element.

SCR9.BMP

Wacky Shack, prior to other attractions being added.

SCR10.BMP

The Outlaw's completed station, pre-lift tunnel and covered brake run.

SCR11.BMP

The view of the rest of Del Rey's initial rides, including the Roundabout (Tilted Whirler) and Tumbleweed (Enterprise)

SCR12.BMP

The same view with scenery and shops added in.

SCR13.BMP

The rest of the Del Rey area, with western town elements added in for good measure.

SCR14.BMP

Another view of the Outlaw's upper half.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm the first dip on Outlaw is really "up in the air". You should find a way to bring that down and make the helix swoop around the lake. Don't put track right on the lake way up in the air.

Overall, very nice! If you want, you could give Aeroplane Dips maroon side rails instead of red for a more rustic look. Kinda similar to your old park (starting shuttle loop again, in same spot) but it's looking nice "again"!

I LOVE that woodie and the time coaster....hmm why does that sound like something I've heard before....oh I know.. Timeforce, my time trave themed coaster for Carlsbad Gardens! Inspired Perhaps?

Heheheheheh- I don't think I've seen your park- but they say brilliant minds think alike. In this case, I've done only a handful of themed coasters like this- In a previous park, I made a "Addam's Family Adventure" coaster with a similar principal behind it; here, I wanted to do more of a time travel theme (The train is 'warped' into different eras along it's course.

Hmmm the first dip on Outlaw is really "up in the air". You should find a way to bring that down and make the helix swoop around the lake. Don't put track right on the lake way up in the air.

AJC, In this case, the attempt was to make the ride 'fit' correctly for the second block height (the block brake before the double looping element). When I tried to do the 'swoop' around the lake, the train stalled out just before the block brake, and re-configuring it would have required rebuilding the mountain- which wasn't a good option for the ride itself.

Kinda similar to your old park (starting shuttle loop again, in same spot)

Most of my parks start out in a similar fashion, for one reason: I start my park with debt and low cash amounts, kind of like a challenge for me. The Schwarzkopf Shuttle loop is a cash cow that starts giving milk almost right away, so it's always a favorite 'starter' ride for me. Not to mention, I'm a ginormous fan of those rides- so it's also a nostalgia run as well.

Most of what y'all are seeing here is an expanded experiment; I've not built a park in this size class before, so changes are -always- being tried out in my head. Even as you're reading this, I'm already working on some major revisions to this park- including the removal of one of the theme areas not even built yet! As Disney would put it, "Disneyland will always be changing." So will this park... but hopefully for the good!

R.D.

AJC, In this case, the attempt was to make the ride 'fit' correctly for the second block height (the block brake before the double looping element). When I tried to do the 'swoop' around the lake, the train stalled out just before the block brake, and re-configuring it would have required rebuilding the mountain- which wasn't a good option for the ride itself.

You could always do a steep sloped drop into a banked curve into an upward swoop. There must be some better options than the one you have...the current one isn't very good looking.

Other than that this park is really really awesome!!

So the park continues to grow, and now it's time for the fine folks at Intamin A.G. to get involved. In the previous park, there was a near complete absence of thrilling water rides, save the Thunder Falls ride, which I'm planning on adding to the park in the future... but for the meantime, a River Rapids attraction is necessary to keep the people flowing. And being drenched for that matter.

So what you find here is the addition and construction pics from the new Thunder Canyon river rapids ride. The location was a shoo-in; the hills in the western section of Del Rey were perfect, as was the forested location therein!

Enjoy... and is that Ron Toomer starting to lurk over in the trees near the Time Warp Coaster? I know he's been thinking about coming back one more time for a new ride... something that's nostalgic AND thrilling...

R.D.

SCR15.BMP

Before any construction begins, berms and trough areas are carved out of the dirt and mountainside terrain to hold the trough.

SCR16.BMP

The 'top' of the second lift hill at the top of one of the peaks. The trough is cut into and the mountain re-shaped to hold the trough well.

SCR17.BMP

The track is completed, and some tunneling is added to cover the waterfalls, a la' Kings Dominion's White Water Canyon ride.

SCR18.BMP

The ride is re-treed around the areas that were carved out to make room for the trough, and additional elements are added. A camera was installed to boost revenue...You'd think I worked for SixFlags with all the on-ride cameras that are installed!

SCR19.BMP

An overview of the completed track, with theming being filled in around the loading platform, as well as select sections of the trough of the ride.

SCR20.BMP

Thunder Canyon is opened, to great results, and a waiting queue of people asking to be DRENCHED!

^ You could've been more polite but yeah he's about summed it up.

Also a forest isn't just trees.

The number of lowlife like shrubs > Amount of trees.

If you can't zero clearence shrubs right on to the trees then just put the shrubs around the edge of the forest.

And I'm not sure if I'm only seeing station buildings. Non Ride related buildings are also important.( Not Premade)

Buildings like info kiosks, restraunts, etc...

I really don't like the uniformity of this park. It's not appealing in any way.

Don't ever go to Disneyland. Or for that matter, Walt Disney World. Or any theme park in North America, for that matter.

I hate to say it, but my design IS based upon the Four Points of the Compass that Disney came up with- each area separated by a uniform and equal distance from the others. The difference here is within the limitiations of RCT2, or for that matter RCT3 as well: The four sided design (I.E. not being able to make a path that goes off the orthonographic grid) doesn't allow for me to do what I'd really like to, and still have it look good- if large, uniradius curves and clothoid elements WERE doable, the park would look very, very different.

Also a forest isn't just trees.

The number of lowlife like shrubs > Amount of trees.

If you can't zero clearence shrubs right on to the trees then just put the shrubs around the edge of the forest.

And I'm not sure if I'm only seeing station buildings. Non Ride related buildings are also important.( Not Premade)

Buildings like info kiosks, restraunts, etc...

I've considered that, but I tend to have visual issues in seeing where things are going:re shrubs, etc. Please understand this: I'm EXTREMELY NEARSIGHTED even with corrected vision, so I tend to look at things a bit different visually.

Shrubs for me are usually deleted during the construction of the game level: They take up too many slots I could be using for scenery items (Such as building elements, special goods, etc.) so I generally delete them out of the selection process- I really don't like the way they look overall in the game, either- too much like styrofoam.

I've thought about scenic buildings around some of the 'non-ride' elements. Perhaps in the next park, but for me, if you've noticed one thing about my parks it's this: Everything is built to a particular code/standard/method- equidistant from the other related buildings, and in balance. Park Feng Shui? No- but more of 'after playing this game since 2003 for thousands and thousands and thousands of hours, I've figured out a way to keep the 'peeps' happy, and the flow of cash going into the coffers at a good and steady rate'- that's why you don't tend to see buildings around the sub-attractions such as food, restrooms etc. I don't tend to 'clump' the buildings together for that principle- the peeps don't find them easily, and tend to get lost if I do place them in a single building. I've tried it, I assure you, and with NO success at all from my end.

I am taking everyone's comments seriously, and I do appreciate the comments, but remember this: My park is NOT going to be a show park, but rather something that expresses how I do it with the game, and for me, that's what matters. Other people will have bigger, flashier parks, with lots of pretty theming, and using the assorted cheat programs out there to make them so. Good for them. They look great. My park isn't one of them. Other than a handful of rides I've brought in from other sources, I don't use the cheat programs, nor do I use the trainers. The parks you see are built using what RCT2 gave us in the base edition, plus WW and TT add ons. Keep that in mind when you conisider my parks, please- and remember that I will, so long as I'm building it, keep it that way!

Thanks, and some new construction updates are coming later on tonight, featuring the Knightsbridge theme area, and some revisions to the Main gate area!

R.D.

RedLine Park Coventry presents: Knightsbridge

This new theme area features four new flat rides, as well as the new DragonHaunt coaster, a custom built Arrow Suspended ride patterned after the Late Big Bad Wolf as well as elements from the original Suspended coaster, the Bat.

Here, the aim was to build a better version of the Medival theme area, and to immerse the guests all around, so the theming now matches up a bit better; still not 'perfect' but closer to what I like to do with a park.

I did also remember a great book (if you can find it) called "Theme Parks, Zoos, Leisure Parks and Aquaria" that was written about 15 years back. It explains modern theme park theory in a way that NO other book does, and explains a lot of the model systems used in a park today. It's expensive, but it also gives a lot of good clues as to how RCT2 works as well, as many of the techniques used in RCTs' development were came from similar theory in parks today.

Enjoy... and something Much MUCH bigger is planned for the next expansion!

R.D.

SCR21.BMP

Construction begins on the DragonHaunt coaster, using the grove of trees to it's best extent.

SCR22.BMP

More of the DragonHaunt layout from the air, and with scenery reduced out.

SCR23.BMP

Merlin's Magic Machines (The Time Travel ride) as well as the Executioner (A custom ride by another user) are added to the park.

SCR24.BMP

DragonHaunt's Castle and completed ride layout, plus the entry and exit routes.

SCR25.BMP

The other two flats in Knightsbridge: Elvira's Curse (A Round Up custom ride) as well as the Gauntlet (Trebuchet ride)

SCR26.BMP

The backside of Executioner and Merlin.

SCR27.BMP

Looking from the back of DragonHaunt towards the Time Warp coaster.

SCR28.BMP

A view of the kiosks for food and related; Note the order to how they're placed.

SCR29.BMP

The rest of the Kiosks... Note how they're arranged- and compare that to the previous shot. There IS a science to how they're laid out- and it works quite well to keep the money rolling in.

SCR30.BMP

Knightsbridge filled in quite a bit, and trees are added for shade. Yes, repetitive, but designed to keep the rides organized.

SCR31.BMP

A close up of the northern spike of Knightsbridge.

SCR32.BMP

The rest of Knightsbridge.

SCR33.BMP

Hidden in those woods: Parts of DragonHaunt.

SCR34.BMP

The back side of Dragonhaunt.

SCR35.BMP

I love this shot: The second lift and second major drop on DragonHaunt.

SCR36.BMP

The front of the park now. The Shuttle Loop (ThunderLooper) as well as the residual leftovers from rides now moved are cleaned up in preparation for the installation of the Monorail, as well as future use for attractions.

Here's an idea: Your next park is all terrain coasters. I love most of your layouts.

You may be right about the path styles. I absolutely hate the fact there are no real curves either. However, there are TONS of ways to create paths that aren't so samey throughout. http://www.rctmart.com/fossil/PathingSystems.html gives you an excellent primer on how peep pathfinding works. It endorses building a grid, however, but it tells you how to do something that isn't a grid so a guest will walk around effectively.

Disneyland has the use of curves, however, jagged 45 degree walkways are better than nothing.

Scenery slots? I'f you're talking about the map scenery limit, you'd need to have 2.1 scenery items on every tile to come close to hitting it on a 256^2 map! Trust me, you're nowhere near it.

"New construction tonight, medieval area inbound!!!!1" Spend more time theming your park instead of slapping a layout down on a sterile flatgrass. Not using custom scenery is not a crutch. Here's just one example of thousands of perfectly awesome parks made from not using CS: http://www.lunatim.com/lunaland/2parks/2parks.htm

The fact you read every comment makes you stand out against other parkmakers. Keep doing that.

I've figured out easier ways to build a park and keep the peeps happy, but there's more to this game. Seems like you're making this more for the peeps than you are yourself.

You may be right about the path styles. I absolutely hate the fact there are no real curves either. However, there are TONS of ways to create paths that aren't so samey throughout. http://www.rctmart.com/fossil/PathingSystems.html gives you an excellent primer on how peep pathfinding works. It endorses building a grid, however, but it tells you how to do something that isn't a grid so a guest will walk around effectively.

A -most excellent- guide to how to design a park for peep's sake- and a great way to explain out the rides. It was interesting reading all around, and it does basically explain the park- and if you notice this park, it is a variant on the Circle-with-spikes layout (I.E. it's a basic grid with four prongs outwards to the layout.)

As far as adding 'spikes' and pipe-stems to the layout- I've actually considered that for the back end of the park (Below Del Rey) to give that future theme area more exposure/location lands. But for now, I'm keeping with the current progress level of the park.)

Scenery slots? I'f you're talking about the map scenery limit, you'd need to have 2.1 scenery items on every tile to come close to hitting it on a 256^2 map! Trust me, you're nowhere near it.

I think there's some confusion over the term 'Scenery slots'- When you are building the game in the RCT2 creator that comes WITH RCT2, the Tree/wall/objects tabs only allow you to 'use' 256 different INDIVIDUAL items during that phase of creation- I wasn't speaking of the use of the items in the game.

"New construction tonight, medieval area inbound!!!!1" Spend more time theming your park instead of slapping a layout down on a sterile flatgrass. Not using custom scenery is not a crutch.

Actually, i think you're missing why I do a park in the first place.

For me, the spirit of the game is to follow a park from it's conception, through it's growth phases, and to keep it realistic to time and pacing of the game itself. If you've noticed, every two to three years, I add a new coaster. Similarly, every year a new ride in some format is opened; and (approximately) every 4 years a new section of the park is opened to keep growing the park. It's not a matter of slappign down a park on flatgrass- not at all. For me it's about running each park as if I were in charge of the real thing- and keeping people happy at the same time. As for my use of scenery and elements... I like the way I use it. It makes ME happy how I build with it, and I like how it turns out for the most part. I think that in itself is the real point of the game: How I play it makes ME happy.

I've figured out easier ways to build a park and keep the peeps happy, but there's more to this game. Seems like you're making this more for the peeps than you are yourself.

Actually, you're right there. I do make my parks to keep the peeps happy- and that in turn makes ME happy. I tend to think of what it would be like to visit my own parks, and then put myself in the perspective of what the people like... and I think that I'm very similar to a peep. I tend to want to find things easily. I want to be able to find all the coasters without difficulty. I don't like crowds. I don't like long lines. I enjoy a wide variety of food kiosks. Make each ride unique and interesting- but not so over the top that it scares me off of it. Spinning rides make me sick. In all fairness, that's the way I like to build my parks- and perhaps if the CEOs and Presidents of the different chains out there would learn that, perhaps WE as 'peeps' in the real parks would be happier when we go to a park. I know there's more to this game especially towards artistry and 'isnt' that cool looking' or 'isn't that pretty' or 'wow, that's some nifty looking thingie.' But that's not my aim: My aim is to make money, keep the guests happy, and solve unique and difficult tasks within the parks alone.

R.D.

My park is NOT going to be a show park, but rather something that expresses how I do it with the game, and for me, that's what matters. Other people will have bigger, flashier parks, with lots of pretty theming, and using the assorted cheat programs out there to make them so. Good for them. They look great. My park isn't one of them.........Keep that in mind when you conisider my parks, please- and remember that I will, so long as I'm building it, keep it that way!

Guys,

I'm quoting this because this has come up before with other members offering "constructive criticism." QR has hit the nail on the head. These games are all about entertainment for yourself, not pleasing the "RCT masses" with your creations.

If QR enjoys his parks the way they are, then so be it. Offer critcism (constructively) but don't expect him, or anyone else that posts their parks, to use it or even consider it. Be happy that people are more than excited to share their creations with the community as a whole. I like the eye candy, no matter what I think of the parks that are posted (which is why I typically remain silent no matter which way I feel).

QR, keep on sharing. I like this park and the time you've put into it.

Edited by mcjaco

A brief update, since I'm on the road for now...

While on the plane today, I started to work on the newest theme area for RLP:C.. a jungle theme area, with two conerstone attractions, and some flats as well; the first of the two large-scale rides is done, the second will come when I get some time to work on it over the next few days. First up, the Python, a fine creation of the good folks at B&M was installed on the same forested area behind and near the DragonHaunt suspended coaster. The second ride, an Intamin Splashwater falls ride will be built behind and near the Python- and will be a fully-themed and storied ride with a splash-down finale at the end.

Other rides in the area include the Amazon Jungle Tour (A Monster Truck ride) as well as the Jungle Gem, a spinning Diamond ride.

The rest of the area isn't filled in yet- that's going to take some time which is a bit short at the moment due to work- but here's a preview of the section prior to filling out.

R.D.

SCR37.BMP

First up, a junior coaster was added on the pad site across from the offspike of Knightsbridge. This small coaster uses three seven car trains, and has a whopping 2400 pph throughput. The beancounters in accounting are HAPPY!

SCR38.BMP

The Coventry Transport System Monorail is added, and three stations are built. I buried this one for now- as the finished ride will be used to showcase other rides in the park as a preivew for our guests to come.

SCR39.BMP

Another good reason to have a Monorail: When it rains, it POURS... in Cash, that is. A view of the Del Rey Monorail station.

SCR40.BMP

The first views of Amazonia, the park's jungle theme area. As a break from my checkerboard patterned gardens, the oversized flowers are used. In the foreground is Amazon Jungle Tours, in the background is Jungle Gem.

SCR41.BMP

A better view of the Amazon Jungle Tours ride, prior to scenery and theme elements being added. Unrealistic, perhaps, but I like it.

SCR42.BMP

A view of the Top Hat inversion on Python, with train at the apex... the train CRAWLS through this element, with hang time as the train inverts.

SCR43.BMP

Another view of Python's mid-course brakes, as well as the double screw, and a few of the gyrations after the brakes.

SCR44.BMP

The Looping elements, as well as the Top Hat in one shot. Tunnels link these elements together.

SCR45.BMP

As the last element of the ride, a slow Heartline roll right onto the brake run... just because I could!

Well, I'm in Orlando as this is being posted, and due to an extreme weather delay in Birmingham, I decided to work on RLP:C for a bit while waiting for things to clear up...

So, in this update, you'll see the changes to Amazonia, including it's 'grand opening' and the new Python Coaster operating- as well as a major decision I made to what was scheduled to be a haunt land...

Coming soon: the Sands of Egypt: A theme area featuring the Cairo Crashendo bumper cars, as well as the Night Boat to Cairo (Had to slip a 'Madness' Reference in!) pirate ship with water effects. The first of the cornerstone attractions is also under construction: Phaeroh's FURY, a Standup Coaster from B&M. The ride itself isn't quite as complete as I'd want it to be- and I'm already re-thinking the design a bit for addtional height and length. I'd really like to try something more Montu-Esque with the theming on it- such as burying elements, but that's for when I get more time to do things with.

So, here's today's update- and keep your eyes peeled for the opening up of Sands of Egypt- sometime in the future.

R.D.

SCR46.BMP

Theming filling in on the Amazon Tour ride.

SCR47.BMP

The jungle has taken over! This shows the density of the park's trees in this section- I really like it, especially since all those lovely trees will provide shade for the guests.

SCR48.BMP

Looking over the top at Amazon Tours.

SCR49.BMP

PYTHON: Coiling into RedLine Park Coventry!

SCR50.BMP

Coiling away in the double-screw.

SCR51.BMP

The Sands of Egypt beginning area. Originally, this was slated to be a haunted area, but after thinking about it, I decided to mix things up a bit.

SCR52.BMP

Two of the starter flats: Cairo Crashendo (The Bumper Cars) and Night Boat to Cairo (Pirate ship with water theming. IF it were REALLY the Nile, it would have brown water.

SCR53.BMP

Coming soon: Phaeroh's FURY. Note: This is NOT the final design... I'm considering re-doing much of the current layout... something bigger, I think!

Here is today's update:

Major construction has begun in the park to increase capacity, replace a few older rides, and to add several large-scale expansions, including the new Coventry Gardens theme area, the Sands of Egypt theme area, 10 new flats, as well as the new Phaeroh's Fury coaster.

In addition, you will see the construction of the new monorail, put above ground to allow for better viewing of rides (Previews of attractions while riding is a big thing) and our new Splashwater Falls ride: Olmec River Falls.

Coming soon: Of course, it wouldn't be one of my parks without Ginn E. Pigg's Farm Adventure (Coming soon) as well as a few other revisions to the park itself.

Enjoy,

R.D.

SCR54.BMP

Phaeroh's Fury, pre-theming. I used a few 'tunneled' entrances and exits to this ride.

SCR55.BMP

The platform and station brakes for PF. Theming is beginning around the ride itself.

SCR56.BMP

PF ready to open, themed and scened.

SCR57.BMP

The Sands of Egypt, with it's new flats: Cairo Crashendo (Bumper Cars) and Night Boat to Cairo (Swinging Pirate Ship)

SCR58.BMP

The back of the park was used as a very crowded bypass while I worked on Coventry Gardens.

SCR59.BMP

In Del Rey, I rebuilt the entrances/exits to the Monorail, the Thunder Canyon and Outlaw to promote better spacing.

SCR60.BMP

Coventry Gardens begins to take shape.

SCR61.BMP

Here you can see Dizzy Daises (Spinning flower ride) in it's permanent location, as well as Tea Time (Spinning cups) and Coventry Gardens Circus (Circus.)

SCR62.BMP

Lushing out of the Coventry Gardens area, including the Carousel, the Bezerk Bus, and the Sliding Hill.

SCR63.BMP

An overview of Coventry Gardens.

SCR64.BMP

Looking towards the front of the park, most of Coventry Gardens attractions are in view.

SCR65.BMP

The Monorail Berm has had a facelift- and notice: No Monorail! Redline Park Monorail System is being built!

SCR66.BMP

The Del Rey monorail station has also been re-worked.

SCR67.BMP

The new monorail was routed through and around other rides, such as this shot of the Monorail passing through the Thunder Canyon ride.

SCR68.BMP

Under Aeroplane Dips...

SCR69.BMP

And finally to the front of the park.

SCR70.BMP

The re-worked KnightsBridge station.

SCR75.BMP

Even I was stunned at this much throughput. It averages 4,000 PPH; during rains it can be as high as 6,800 PPH.

SCR76.BMP

RLP: Coventry has certainly grown... but MORE is coming.

SCR77.BMP

Construction has begun on Olmec River falls: Here's the 'ride through portion' at the top of the Olmec Pyramid.

SCR78.BMP

The first theme elements: Waterfalls, a standard of mine for a Splashwater falls ride, as well as the rooms of theming.

SCR79.BMP

The overall theme of ORF is this: You are an explorer, seeking to find the true meaning of why they built the pyramids in the jungles- and how they did it.

SCR80.BMP

ORF ready to open- fully themed.

SCR81.BMP

The monorail had to be relocated to allow for the installation of this ride- and it passes under the lift and the drop of ORF.

SCR82.BMP

RLP:C is having a GREAT year!

SCR83.BMP

Cheesy, Yes, but I like getting more than one title at a time. For some reason, it makes me happy!

RedLine Park Coventry Update: Build out and completion.

This is a great day, as RedLine Park reached its goal milestone and is now completed- the last few attractions were added, opened, and I'm quite pleased to say the park is functioning perfectly across the board.

The last two attractions were both coasters: The first is Ginn E. Pigg's Farm Adventure, the only ride which is the same at all the RedLine parks (It's kinda like Disney and Space Mountain, or SF and anything 'Bat' related). The layout, however, is greatly expanded and longer than the predecessor ride, as addtional space allowed for more creative use of the layout.

The second ride is also similar to, but not at all exactly like the Phaeroh's Revenge at the original RedLine park. This new VDM from B&M is called Ra's Chariot, and is longer and taller than it's equivalent at the first RedLine park...

Since there has been great success at the first two RedLine Parks, it makes common sense that a third and fourth park are now in the planning phases. Wanting to branch out beyond the original areas of Springfield, USA, and Coventry, England, the RLP Group has bought a small island off in the South Pacific: RedLine Park Samoa intends to start construction within the next few weeks, and will be a very different park: Size there will matter, as there is very little room to grow on the island- at least at first!

The other future park is RedLIne Park Asia, where re-claimed land off the coast of Guangzhou will be turned into another RLP experience. It's planned for the future, as the company will be concentrating on opening up RLP: Samoa first.

For the next few weeks, I'll be away from the company- going home to San Francisco for a few weeks, so there will be a bit of a break in developments at the RLP chain. So here's the last update till then!

R.D.

SCR101.BMP

Ginn E. Pigg's back! She's got a lot more room to work with here.

SCR102.BMP

A banner day for the park: Three standing awards (Rare for me) as well as the opening of the fully-themed Ginn E. Pigg.

SCR103.BMP

An overview of the layout of Ginn E. Pigg.

SCR104.BMP

Again, Three awards.

SCR105.BMP

After nearly 15 years of service, Aeroplane dips was replaced with... Aeroplane dips.

SCR106.BMP

Ra's Chariot arrives, and is assembled on site, but doesn't quite look right yet.

SCR107.BMP

That's better- Ra's Chariot features two vertical drops, a few helices, and some fly-through scenery, such as the waterdrop, and the firedrop.

Introducing: RedLine Park: Samoa.

After thinking about it for a while, Samoa seemed to be the perfect place to build a new-type of theme park, this time with more restrictions due to the terrain and general space of the island environment.

The whole idea here is to reclaim land, and to use what you've got to make the best park overall. Like it's sister park in Coventry, RLP:Samoa needs to be a cash cow- the Guangzhou park is going to be a LOT more expensive, and needs to RLP LLC needs to have plenty of cash coming in to afford to build it.

This is the first update for the park: The basic reclaimed area is already opened, with a small number of rides to get the cash rolling in.

Enjoy-

R.D.

SCR1.BMP

Welcome to RedLine park: Samoa. The first two rides are installed, but the park is still very basic overall.

SCR2.BMP

The usual: A Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop for the masses to drop their money off in. Tsunami is born.

SCR3.BMP

The entry gate and courtyard. The tunnel to the right side of this area leads to the park.

SCR4.BMP

An overall shot of the park at the end of year 1, and the 2Tone plunge is installed.

SCR5.BMP

The 2Tone plunge is themed, and more landscaping goes on, as well as the beginning of changeout for the food kiosks.

SCR6.BMP

Landscaping is getting more dense, and begins to take over the rides around.

SCR7.BMP

The basic phase one is now done, and the loans to build the park can now be tackled.

SCR8.BMP

The main gate is now themed and scened. I added a few trinket shops to make more money- and those DO bring in a LOT of cash.

Breaking news from RLP: Samoa....

EARTHQUAKE: A massive earthquake rocked RLP: Samoa, destroying all of the park's progress, as well as returning the park to it's original state: Sadly, no rides were saved during the 7.5 quake along the Access Denied Faultline.

The park quickly has rebuilt, with some minor changes due to the new terrain that resulted from the heavy quake.

Below, you will see the major changes that occured, and the addtion of some new rides to accomodate the overwhelming popularity of the park.

R.D.

SCR13.BMP

RLP: Samoa begins again, all anew. The peninusula that resulted from the quake now houses the Tidal Wave Shuttle Loop, across from the Typhoon Enterprise.

SCR14.BMP

In a change of pace, 2Tone plunge is also added into the park at the early stage to get more cash rolling in.

SCR16.BMP

A SkyTower was opened in a temporary location.

SCR17.BMP

Construction has begun on the Hurricane: A B&M Hyper Galaxi.

SCR18.BMP

Hurricane during testing.

SCR19.BMP

The opened ride, and a nice throughput to dispense of their cash into the park's coffers!