TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Do you care about what you eat?

Invertalon

I don't necessarily care, but I'm not stupid with what I eat. I am a little overweight(5'11 about 210 lbs) but I've been essentially the same weight or within a few pounds for the last year or so. I eat what I want, but I don't eat double downs and don't eat the ten piece chicken nugget meal. No offense to the people that do, but its not my style, and it honestly kind of scares me that thats where were headed as a country. Also for me quality is much more important than quantity generally, so I don't eat a crazy amount of fast food simply because I don't usually feel good later if I have had too much fast food.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I eat healthy almost the entire year.....so I can completely go crazy when I visit a park. My Yo-Yo diet almost runs entirely with my theme park visits. I go absolutely crazy in June and July, then lose weight for the September Disneyland Marathon. Go crazy at Disneyland, then lose weight for the Disneyworld marathon. Go crazy there, then lose weight until June. Yeah, I know it's unhealthy but I don't care. As for Organic food, you should watch Penn & Teller's Bull S--- TV show. It's really an eye opener for the 'Organic' industry.

I usually try to watch what I eat during the year, but it's obviously harder when it's during the fall and winter. I love a good roasted turkey breast and fried chicken and a nice filet, medium well. So really it depends on the season. I lose weight during the spring and summer but I plump up a little bit during the colder months.

I care about what I eat somewhat. During the week I usually make an effort not to eat out, but when the weekend rolls around I'll usually get something. I never really pay attention to the ingredients that are in my food, though. My motto is: If I can't pronounce it, it's not good for you. My mom is the one that does the shopping, and I wish there were a Whole Foods close enough for her to get me some stuff. Until I move out, there is really nothing I can do about that. I'll probably start shopping organically when I'm on my own. I don't drink soda much either. I usually only drink water or Vitamin Water. I will splurge a couple times a month and get a Dr. Pepper. I just can't resist!

I remember when I used go to some fast food place and get a Dr. Pepper pretty much every day. Every since I started trying to eat better I can really tell that I've lost weight. Not only that, but I feel better too. My mom still usually eats out a lot, and sometimes it's hard for me to say no and eat a turkey sandwhich while she eats a burger. I really wish she would stop eating like that.