TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Will Greased Lightnin' Ever Operate Again?

Will Greased Lightnin' ever operate again? It's been sitting in the parking lot at Six Flags Marine World in pieces for 2 years now. It was bought by Six Flags from PGA for 1 million dollars (correct me if im wrong). It's old and finding new parts for that type of coaster is hard now a days. I heard that pieces were stolen from the parking lot and it's incomplete. This used to be on of my favorite rides and I would love to see at operate again but I don't think it will happen. Do you think it will open again or just be scrapped?

Here's pictures from rcdb- http://rcdb.com/ig2379.htm

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a little funny when you visit PGA and most of the Tidal Wave (silly name change) station is still sitting there. The roof is gone, and half of the station, but the rest is just sitting there like they couldn't be bothered with demo-ing the entire thing. Very 6 Flags-ish I think.

Sadly it is definitely a spare parts kit now. Even more sad is the fact that obviously PGA could have kept it. They should have kept it seeing as they got rid of Stealth the same year. Heck PGA used to be my first choice for places to go in the Bay but now I am not sure... I mean no new coasters since 2001 and getting rid of 2 in 2003... Lame...