TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Manor Lake (Wicked Woods Progress - 14/01/2010)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Olde England

The park are happy to release these new images of our second area, Olde England. The area is situated in an area on the lakefront, just beyond the rail crossing , and features a Log Flume, called Forrest Flume, a teacup ride, a childrens roundabout called Doodle Doo Derby, and a swan boat attraction, Swan Lake. The area also has a fast service cafe, with seating inside an english church.

The promotional images show the new area, as well as a repainted Akhmen Ra and a second rollercoaster towards the back of the Kingdom of Osiris. It can only be seen from the Doodle Doo Derby, but is what the park and Vekoma are calling a "RollerSkater Plus"...

The park would also like to release these two logos:

Comments?

Olde England Overview

Work is nearing completion on the Olde England area, so expect the next updates to yet again be centered around the Kingdom of Osiris area.

Also, notice the flags added around the area, in the Manor Lake colours.

-Out of Character-

I'm starting to get a creative block as to what to do next. I have got fairly good ideas for Founders Street, Kingdom of Osiris and Olde England, as well as the Manor area, and plan to add a Chinese themed area, but beyond that I need help from you, the community. Otherwsie this park could die :/

Ah, now a dino area is a VERY good idea - kiddie rides can be plonked in a coherent area. And A generic area is an excuse for a nice modern coaster

So then, thats :

- Founders Street ( Traditional English )

- Kingdom of Osiris ( Egyptian )

- Olde England ( Medieval )

- Wu-hu Port ( Asian )

- Forgotten Mesa ( Dinosaur / Tropical )

- The Metropolis ( Modern / Sci Fi )

Anything else?

In a departure from previous plans, we would like to release a new Promotional shot of the new area, Wicked Woods. ON the left we can see the porch part of the Abandoned Manor attraction, the middle ground shows us the entrance and queue area of the attraction, and in the background we can see the yet to be named Broomstick coaster.

We are open to suggestions for the name of the broomstick rollercoaster, bearing in mind the family friendly theme. A few facts:

- The ride is a vekoma motorbike coaster where riders are on a broomstick.

- The main feature is a 47 mph launch out of Granny Fiddlesticks's cottage.

- The ride is a fast paced jaunt through the haunted forests of Wicked Woods.

Comments?

The park would like to cultivate a family theme throughout the whole park, and as such we have chosen to intersperse different class attractions in the areas. It just happens that Wicked Woods only has family attractions, due to its close proximity to the Manor , taller rides are not permitted. In fact we were lucky to be granted permission to build the Broomstick Coaster, now named to be Witch's Run (thanks for the name ).

Also, we have two photos to share, one of the updated facade and queue of the Abandoned Manor, and one of the attractions Loading Bay.

Comments?

Missed this one, just went through all 4 pages and I must say your attention to detail is very impressive. So far your flume ride is my pick for best looking (realistic) ride in the park. Love the little spot of wicked looking grass and trees a few pictures up. Really fits in nice with the area.

We would like to apologize for the recent lack of updates, due to the slow construction of Wicked Woods. We are currently around 70% through constructing the Abandoned Manor, and around 50% of Witch's Run has been built. We hope to finish the cellar scene and the escape scene, before constructing the unload station and exit path, finally adding the roof, marking the completion of the attraction.

We hope to have a POV of "The Abandoned Manor" ready by the end of the month.

Comments?

Well, fair enough. If you like it you like. He can keep it if he likes, that's just my opinion which everyone is entitled to. Don't think i'm having a go or just trying to make a statement, that's just how I feel

Luckily for you I lack the software to edit videos as I do pictures I would estimate the POV will be ready by next week, as I am having to do a LOT of exam revision for my GCSE science modules this week.

Also, meanwhile, I would love it if people could suggest music for the Abandoned Manor. I was thinking maybe just use the Hex or Duel music from Alton Towers, but I am open to any better suggestions