TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England Trip

Hello all,

I'm going to Vermont in a few weeks, and found that I will be able to squeeze in a SFNE trip. Obviously, I'm very excited to FINALLY ride Bizarro (aka Superman, aka ROS). So, I, once again, am appealing to TPR's collective knowledge for some trip advice.

I will gate crash, and then can stay until 4:00pm on Wednesday, August 26. Bizarro is the only ride I can see myself wanting multiple rides on, though we might do a few on Pandemonium, as my wife likes the idea of a spinning coaster. So, if I want re-rides on Bizarro and only one ride on everything else (gotta get those credits), will 5 & 1/2 hours be enough to get that all in? Would a FlashPass be something to be recommended? Necessary? If so, would a regular one do the trick, or should I spring for the gold? Thank you all for your help. I can't wait to ride that Intamin Mega!!!

-Doug

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're there for the open, get right to Bizarro for your ride (back seat!) you should have no trouble getting on everything else. From there, walk toward Mind Eraser and hit Catwoman's Whip on your way by. After Mind Eraser, Batman. After that, do Thunderbolt because it has low capacity. A tip for Pandemonium is to use the single rider line which will help you avoid about an hour line in general conditions. Getting on Flashback, Cyclone, and Great Chase after those shouldn't be bad at all.

Bizarro can get up to an hour wait towards the end of the day so you definitely will have to get a Flash Pass if you want multiple rides.

Batman and Mind Eraser should each have about a 30 minute wait.

Cyclone and Thunderbolt should be walk ons.

Use the single rider line for Pandemonium or else you will have to wait 90 minutes or so due to its low capacity.

Catwoman's Whip and the Great Chase shouldn't be a problem.

Flashback at worst is a 20 minute wait.

Also, Scream is worth riding if you have time. Just use the single rider line.

Ride Bizarro first thing and do a re-ride right away, as long as it opens on time you shouldn't wait more than 5 mins.

From there go to ME as it can get an hour+ wait later in the day.

BTDK is right there so ride that next it should be a walk on to a 10min wait at the point.

Then as you make your way back to the north end ride Thunderbold. Like stated it can get a long line due to 1 train ops so it will prob be the longest wait at 20-30mins.

Use the single rider line on pandemonium for your first ride. If you like it the wait for a second ride. If you want it spin more sit on the left side at the loading station.

Cyclone is right there after Pan. it should have a 20min wait at most.

Catapult is a must ride flat and is right at the exit of cyclone so I would ride that next.

on your way back towards SROS you can hit great chase. they have no issues letting adults on.

Then CWW whip is right next to Bizarro so you can see how the line is and if its short hit that as CWW won't have more than a 1 cycle wait.

If you have time tomahawk and scream are the other 2 flats i would recommend but are just like every other frisbee and drop tower.

most of all have fun.

I have to agree with everyone here.

Rides to hit first due to long lines would be:

Bizzaro (It will always be Superman to me)

Batman The Dark Knight

Mind Eraser

Rides with usually a medium to no wait:

Scream

Thunderbolt

Cyclone

Catwomans Whip

Tomahawk

Catapult

Flashback

Pandamonuim - Use single rider line

(I wish Time Warp was still there )

Also if its hot of course the water rides will have long lines, other than that have a great trip, and I hope you have great weather, enjoy.

I was there on Tuesday and almost wished we would have gotten the Flashpass - we got on about six rides in seven hours.

The lines on the major rides seemed brutally slow (stacking trains every time on most coasters). We waited an hour for Dark Knight and I kept wondering why a four seater B&M could have such a slow line? When we got up into the station building, I realized it was because they were letting the trains fill up close to 75% for Flashpass and 25% general public. If the park looks crowded, I would definitely spring for the Flashpass to avoid these slow, long lines.

Our first three rides also suffered some down time (Bizarro, Dark Knight and Blizzard River). I was surprised to see them shut down Blizzard River for unbeknownst reasons and when a lot of the people exited the line, the tech came over and simply changed a seat belt and it was running again within ten minutes! Luckily, we stayed in line and got in a good ride.

Give yourself time to do the water park and get an all-day locker early. That will save you a loooong walk and tram ride back to the parking lot to get your swimsuit and towels. Hurricane Harbor was amazingly crowded when we were there, but they seemed to have a lot of slides and water attractions to disperse the big crowds. We got over there a little too late in the day and only got on a couple of slides, but it looked like a great water park!

Overall, it is a pretty nice place. Very clean and well lanscaped, albeit with somewhat of a quirky lay-out. Ride op's and park staff were so-so. They could have been more efficient and friendly in loading trains on the major coasters, but with it being so busy and hot that day, I think they were trying their best just to keep things rolling. One big plus is that they were enforcing line-jumping on Bizarro!

Have a fun visit!

I'm also going to SFNE next week for the first time in like 5 years or so, and I'm glad this thread came up! Lots of useful info...

What is the parking situation like? I know that's it's $15 to park (which I think is ridiculous!) - are there any other parking options?

We're spreading the visit over a day and a half so hopefully we'll get to hit the rides we want at least once... I just don't want to pay $30 just to park!

There were several businesses located on the same road advertising parking for $10, but it looked like it would be a bit longer of a walk than from the main lot. I am not sure if you would be allowed to leave the private lot's to go eat somewhere, get a hotel, etc...and be allowed to come back without paying another $10.

If you keep your parking receipt, you can get back in the SFNE lot without having to pay again. We actually turned around and left the parking lot as soon as we got there to go back to a local Mobil station about 1/2 mile down the road. I asked the parking attendant if admission price was kiddie price (rumor I heard), but she said that you needed to purchase at Mobile, Dunkin' Donuts, or have a Coke can. I believe all those places may advertise the same deal, but you might want to double check. Tix were $31.99 at the Mobile station.

Like I stated earlier, you are probably better to pay the $13 ($14 in the water park) for the all day lock-er rental. You have to walk up and down stairs over the road to catch the trolley just to get back to the parking lot. Even with the trolley rides, it is still a long haul back to your car.

Kinda silly that the water park is about as far from the parking lot as you can get. But from a business perspective...I guess it's a good strategy to have people rent their lock-ers over an easy walk back to the car.

They sure don't make it easy for you to get in huh? haha...

We already have a hotel, but I love that you can leave and go back without paying to park twice, that's great to know! We are gonna get the $42 6 visit pass online since we plan on going 2 days in a row.

Thanks for the info!