TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ideas for where to go next?

I believe this is the right forum category to put this in? Anyway, every year I like to go to an amusement park for my birthday. Last summer I took my friend from Singapore to Hersheypark (He hasn't been to many places in the U.S., so I thought it would be an enjoyable experience for him.). This past spring break, I took three friends to King's Dominion with me. I feel like I've been to Busch Gardens, Hersheypark, and King's Dominion a million times, so I want a new destination. Unfortunately, the only time to go is during spring break (April 1st - April 5th) because I'll be in Europe next summer. My dad said I could bring the old King's Dominion group and I would be able to pick a park I wanted to go to that's within six hours driving distance. My first thought was Dorney Park, but then I checked the website and found out that they open in May. Next thought was Carowinds. They opened on April 5th this year so I'm wondering if they're going to change anything... nothing for the 2010 schedule yet. Today I thought about my NYC trip and remembered that we had passed Great Adventure on the way up. I'd love some more credits and good rides. What do you guys think I should do?

By the way, I'm trying to avoid going on a weekend.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd vote for Great Adventure--worth a stop for El Toro alone (and there are some other good coasters there, too). You should check out TPR's park index photos and TRs, as well--that should give you a pretty clear idea of what you're getting into at various parks.

Has anyone been there the first week they open? I was wondering on how packed they were, I remember Cedar Point was crazy (It took three whole days to just get through half of the park!). I don't imagine it to be like Disney however. I would say a step-down from Cedar Point? I live about five hours away, we're going to drive up in the morning and arrive at opening time. Stay until the park closes (I hope haha), then spend the night in a hotel somewhere. I mean, might as well hit every good coaster and flat ride!

Most parks will only be open weekends if at all, but Great Adventure historically does open for either most or all of one full week in April for spring break. However, I'm sure they schedule this to coincide with the surrounding school districts' spring breaks, which may not match yours. Plan carefully!

I mean, might as well hit every good coaster and flat ride!

The only flat rides really worth hitting are Fly Me to the Moon, the Big Wheel, and possibly their top spin if you like them. And then again, that's half the flats in the park! But GAdv is probably you're best bet in parks. They really do have some of my favorite coasters.

Well I'll be in Europe for nine days right after school ends. It's with spanish club at my school. We're going to Madrid and Paris. I know, I'd love to hit some parks over there though. Also I love topspins and really want to try erUPtion. I've always wanted to go to Scandinavia, so I plan on doing a trip basically the same as the one TPR just took haha.