TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What are your opinions on the Curse of DarKastle at BGW?

I was writing a review of Curse of DarKastle for IOA Central. Bascially, the ride made me shrug my shoulder and say, "Eh." I found it to be a second-rate Spider-Man. But I would like to know what others that have rode it thought about it. What did you think of DarKastle? Why did you like it or dislike it? I'm not here to critize anyone's opinions, but I just want to know what your opinion was because I want to understand why people like it or didn't like it.

Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was awesome. If I hadn't been on Spiderman first I would have been totally blown away by it (like my friend was who hasn't been on Spiderman). Just ride it and try not to compare the two.

If CDK had been built before Spiderman, people would absolutely be going nuts over it.

While I really liked the ride, it still comes off as a poors man's Spider Man, if you've ridden Spiderman as a comparison. It just lacks that certain magic and the little effects that pretty much sets apart the vast majority of Universal's rides from anyone elses. The main thing that really bugged me was how non immersive it felt, with some not so great transitions from scene to scene, compared to Spiderman where it sometimes seems pretty flawless.

That being said, I still give BGW all the credit in the world for building this. There aren't a lot of parks out there with the money or initiative to put something like this in. Even with the unfair comparison to it's cousin down in Florida, I'd still take it over just about every other non-coaster ride being built today.