TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun Photo TR - 5/18

Ok, well even though WOF is my "local" park, I usually only go about once per year, and since I had 2 days off after classes were over before I start working I had to get down the KC to ride Prowler.

As you might have expected, there were not many people there on a weekday in May, and a gigantic majority of the people who were there were middle-school field trips. (Their shirts said "class of 2009", but they def. weren't in high school, I guess you kind of "graduate" from junior high)

There were probably more people in line for Papa Johns @ SFOT during spring break than there were in the entire park. With low crowds come 1 train operations which kind of sucked (Patriot ran 2 trains), but didn't really make the lines too long.

Prowler -

Overall, it is a very good ride, as many others have said. The pacing is very good, and the ride is pretty smooth, which delivers a good mix and the intensity is very good but not over the top. My list of wooden coasters I have ridden is rather pathetic, and it seems like every time I visit a park, they build a very good Wooden coaster the year after (Great Adventure and El-Toro for example) so as a result this is probably my #1 wooden coaster.

I would rank it 2nd behind The Mamba as far as where it ranks in Worlds of Fun collection. Unfortunately, the ride broke down twice, and the 2nd time it remained down for at least 2 hours, and was still down when I left the park.

Ride count:

Mamba: 2

Prowler: 2

Patriot: 2

Spinning Dragons: 1

Timberwolf: 1

Boomerang: 1

Detonator: 1

Time for the pictures

img0295g.jpg.2b83025b5088c1b3b98e85892acf5fa4.jpg

Say goodbye to WOF and Thunderhawk.

img0288u.jpg.0872abbbb2e69f419dfa3bc7739b7470.jpg

Dragon in a messy sea.

img0286.jpg.ce7957eddc32d97df8d97497be78ddab.jpg

Log flume, something is wrong with that water. Swine-flu maybe?

img0283o.jpg.c472b4d7b2b14513eb86e09500c3fcd9.jpg

Huge mess of supports.

img0300o.jpg.751669bce7abfe2d76414806128e47c9.jpg

Patriot from a distance. Pretty good, those high-g lovers will be dissapointed

img0276.jpg.373c7a1321f8ce84232c141349098b45.jpg

Mamba. Tall. (well, kinda)

img0272.jpg.75a6ea9f57a6d7b2c3b8aae75fff2ec5.jpg

Geek alert.

img0270.jpg.455d933dafb4cd79261d91229720af91.jpg

One of the better parts of the ride.

img0269cwv.jpg.a7e38954b330dc53469df0ed87a98509.jpg

Prowler's line. Note: more trashcans than people.

img0271b.jpg.385048f7a29cd97ad2f57d587f98d9fd.jpg

Main reason I drove 2 hours to the park.

img0266.jpg.113bdf2691ea8b0add885a23c473a564.jpg

Front of the park, all of the park has a "calm" feeling

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B:TR has way more positive g's. My feet go numb on all of them.

I like Patriot more but I think that you'll be hard pressed to find others who will agree that it's more forceful than any B:TR.

I like Patriot more but I think that you'll be hard pressed to find others who will agree that it's more forceful than any B:TR.

Agreed, I am not a high-g nut like some people, so I enjoy Patriot, but B:TR clones are much more intense.

We'll have to head down there soon to check out the new coaster.

My wife and I are trying to decide if we should do the season pass thing or not- the Halloween thing is supposed to be really good, and we only would need to go 3 times to make the SP worth it. Once early summer, once before school starts again (I'm a teacher), and then again in October. Who knows?

Agreed, I am not a high-g nut like some people, so I enjoy Patriot, but B:TR clones are much more intense.

B:TR clones are definitely more intense, but Patriot can still hold its own and is plenty forceful.

No doubt about it. Patriot is one of my favorite inverts. I can ride it over and over. B:TR's are one and done for me. I can ocasionally go for 2nd's.

Patriot is a nice mix of speed, fluid inversions with some nice air.