TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] RockWell Park [New Owners, New Start!]

Hey TPR. I'm back! Miss me? Probably not but that doesn't matter.

Well, I've been gone for about three months and not much has happened really. I've been taking time off to work on other projects and my GCSE's only just decided to get tough.

I would like to present to you the beginnings of my latest project. There's only three pictures for now but I only started literally 30 minutes ago!

Well, I only have the start of the landscape for now. However, I would like to share something with you first. Now I recently got back from the Lake District, about a 200 mile drive from where I live, and on the I way passed this large hill and I thought to myself... "You know, that would make a great place for a theme park". And then it hit me. Why not build it on RCT3? So here goes.

Now since I lost my previous park, Project Wild Wild West I've had another project which I completely gave up on. So I'll do my best not to let you down with this one!

Onto the pics!

Now, I know what you're thinking. So what, it's a hill with some trees on it. And I couldn't agree more. But like I said, It's just the beginning. The piece of land accross the bottom of the picture is where the Entrance will be and some rides, obviously.

And another view from behind.

And a view from the pond below. I'd like to call it a lake but it's way to small.

Well, that's all for now. I'll keep you posted, I'm going to go back to planting trees now.

Thanks, KP.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so because I'm a total muppet I've gone and overwritten the save file with another park. I'm pretty annoyed now because I have to start again! But I'll do all the landscape first and then update you. Hopefully sometime this evening, not quite sure.

Sorry, KP.

Evening all.

Replies:

Very scenic! I think you'll be able to achieve a great looking park. I just wish I could see some rides already :]
Thanks and don't worry! Rides are on the way. I just didn't want to make the mistake of ramming tonnes odf rides into the park before I even did the landscape.

Try blending the terrain style better, not looking too good on the mountain side.

I see what you mean, I think I may have made an improvement on what is sort of V2 of the park.

Well... After I stupidly went and overwrote the save file and started again I've made some progress! I've already begun constructing the entrance to the park, and thew hill top forest is completed! Just the surrounding area to do now... *Yawn*

Well, onto the update.

Ok, so first I want to show you the hill top.

As you can see the forest is pretty big =] I've spent quite a bit of time doing it tree by tree! Can you guess what the area to the bottom right of the photo is?

How about now?

Now?

If you guessed farm, you're correct!

This is the Bailey family farm. The Bailey's have been running the farm for over 100 years! And who know, maybe the land they own will become available for purchasing later on? Only time will tell.

I'm going to finish with some early shots of the Entrance Plaza. As you can see it has a nice rustic feel to it. Ticket sales and plants need to be added still.

Well, thanks for looking.

Feel free to comment, KP.

^ Cheers mate, I've been here for a while now, if you feel like it you can go through some of my previous work. I wouldn't bother commenting though it would just bump the thread.

^^ I know about the windows, Thanks anyway. I just wanted to get the bulk of the work done before I add all the small details.

• 1 month later...

Huge Gravedig!

Well, I'm sorry for not really posting anything but I was doing other projects and then got bored

I'm back working on this now and I have an update, HA!

Well, some serious work has been done on the entrance plaza and I have a nice suprise for you at the end.

I'll start off with the new ticket building. Now I was getting tired of seeing so much brown so I added a nice glass roof to brighten things up a little.

It's a big area as you can see.

Here is the new restaurant and live music lounge.

Inside the restaurant. Nice, rustic feel to it.

And inside the live music lounge.

An overview of the plaza.

And here's your suprise. I was helping out on the Bailey farm when I spotted his out of the corner of my eye. I ran up to the second floor window to see if I could get a better view. Here's what I saw.

Well, that concludes this update.

Thanks for looking, KP.

• 1 month later...

Replies:

Mochtroid - Thanks, but don't worry about the path. It just needs some decor.

thrillrideseeker - Shhh... Don't let Cedar Point know! I know what you mean. It's not that much like Maverick!

Allena.k.a.Alan - Thanks.

Update - Not sure here to start really. I've been having some problems with RCT3 and these next pics or coming up to a month old now. but I figured I'd post them to keep you interested while I get my RCT3 working again.

I don't really have much to say about the pictures. I can't really remember what I had planned for the update. So just enjoy the pictures I guess...

So that's what was lurking behind the trees!

Another angle.

Inside the tunnel. Any way to make this darker?

And finally a current overview.

Now I don't really like the lift supports or the first drop. But like I said. I havn't worked on this for a month. wen I get my RCT3 working again I'll add a vertical drop adn redo the lift supports.

Well, sorry it's taken so long. Like I said, been having some problems. Enjoy I guess.

Thanks, KP.

Replies:

nemesiscrazy - Thanks, Maverick was my inspiration.

Just a quick update this time. Nothing that interesting to see, just the logo really.

I've got some good news for you. I've been struggling with the finances for the park so I decided to put it up for sale. And the great news is it's been purchased! The new owners promise to finish the park and keep you updated.

The logo, hope you like it. I made it myself, as I do all my logos and images.

Thanks, KP and Richard Jackson - CEO Jackson Amusements.