TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Really old photos of Tidal Wave at Paramount's Great America

I remember in like 1993 I was too scared to go on the Tidal Wave at PGA because I thought I would fall out but my friend went on it. 1997 I was still scared but my friend got me to go on it & I hung onto the lapbar but after that I loved it. A couple years later I went on it 8 times in a row! I was so sad & still am that it is gone now. I went on Montezooma's only 2 times in a row. I hope to go on it Montezooma's again & I hope CF doesn't dare take it out. Montezooma's should be a national historic landmark for still running after all these years!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember in like 1993 I was too scared to go on the Tidal Wave at PGA because I thought I would fall out but my friend went on it. 1997 I was still scared but my friend got me to go on it & I hung onto the lapbar but after that I loved it. A couple years later I went on it 8 times in a row! I was so sad & still am that it is gone now. I went on Montezooma's only 2 times in a row. I hope to go on it Montezooma's again & I hope CF doesn't dare take it out. Montezooma's should be a national historic landmark for still running after all these years!

I don't think Knott's will take out Montezooma's revenge.

• 2 years later...

The first generation Anton shuttles with the weight drop - they don't have the same take off acceleration, but I prefer them as it's a strange feeling of speeding at the rate of dropping. It's got a nice natural feel to it. We have plenty artificial/super high intensity take offs now. Just b/c it's faster or newer, doesn't always mean it's better

maybe I just WANT it to be the best since it's in my homepark, but wasn't Turbine (ex Sirocco) supposed to be the one with the strongest launch ? Heard this from many very travelled enthusiasts and was so proud I had this near me lol. Speaking of which, I'm not sure if the project of enclosing the WHOLE track for next year ala speed of sound is still "on track" but activity has been heard these pas t weeks in Turbine's building. Is it for restauration or for Zoo Terror again (Halloween haunt) ? As much as I WANT Turbine to reopen, I'm slowly losing hope of riding it again. May I be proven wrong

I think Turbine will eventually roll! With some much loved steel coasters (Whizzer, Mind Bender, Shockwave) outliving their projected "service-life" of 30 years, I don't see why not. Parts (trains, track, everything) can be rebuilt (Mack was contacted about building a new identical Whizzer). Of course it costs money, but has proven to be worth it, in some special cases