Any Cricket fans here on TPR???

Hotlanta

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I knew i would get some responses from the land down under. Even though i was born and raised here my genes are still Indian.

Just stayed up all night and watched the second test. I was bummed that Sachin was out at the close of play.

Not a massive fan but I do enjoy a lot of the internationals when England are involved, especially big test series against the top nations. I do like one day internationals too and 20-20 can be awesome at times.

Of course, nothing tops playing the mighty Aussies and beating them! Unfortunately this is a rare event but I'm really looking forward to next years Ashes, at least they might not beat us 5-0 on home soil

Since we seem to have a reasonable amount of people, maybe we can make this an "official cricket thread" to discuss all things cricket.

England seems to be a whole lot better now under KP and Aussies ain't all that hot so i say you guys have a real chance to get back the Ashes. Too bad for you they series ain't now.

I watch it when I can. I live a couple of miles from Lancashire CCC, so I try and catch some of their Twenty20s when I'm free.

I think Twenty20 is a good way for the game to go. Getting Twenty20 to take over where the one days used to be will do the sport a world of good.

^Umm, three people is NOT enough to make an "Official Cricket Thread".

Yea, I would suggest going to a cricket forum if you really want to discuss cricket.

start rant:

Hey we know this is a US-centric website, but you do realise that there is a world outside the US, where people have different sporting tastes? Sports are not just about Gridiron, Baseball, Basketball & Ice Hockey.

Threads in the Random forum are not just about what death metal band has just released their long awaited album that nobody will remember in 12 months time, or whether video game a) is better than video game b).

Cricket is followed by billions (I'm serious) of people worldwide, so I'm sure we can get some interest on these boards from our friends in Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa, England, Bangladesh, West Indies (& maybe Zimbabwe if there is anyone left). Not a coincidence but most of these countries were/are part of the British Commonwealth, and supporters of these nations are spread far and wide around the world, even if cricket is not a major sport in their current country of residence.

:end rant (takes deep breath and has another sip of coffee)

Anyway, congratulations to the little master Sachin Tendulkar for passing Brian Lara's run record. India is in a strong position at the end of day 1 against Australia. I think Australia will struggle from here, and pay the price of not having a world class spinner in their attack. (Bring back Shane Warne)

Brian (20/20 cricket is taking over the world, get ready) Jones

It really is rather sad to see that Aussies don't have anybody to take over for Shane. Not that following in his footsteps is possible but White can't even threaten the tailenders. After seeing Shane do his thing in the IPL i am sure he has more than enough in the tank if he can ever get himself away from the poker tournaments of Vegas.

Rants, jokes, and anything NOT having to do with the actual discussion of Cricket is ending in 3, 2, ....1.

Ok.

Anyway, I once saw a 4-hour long Indian musical, where a water-deprived village challenged the British to cricket, won, and the rain came.

Always had me intrigued about the sport.

It was actually a decent flick!

-Jahan

I'm from Australia, so of course I love cricket, though India is well on top in the second test in India at the moment. We don't like India.

In an Indian domestic 20/20 game, one of the Indian test players, slapped another Indian test player in the face and he cried, what a bunch of whiny bitches.

Steve Waugh ranted for five years that Ganguly stood him up at a toss. The aussies talking about others being whiny bitches is pricesless.

Coming to the game i am surprised at the ineffectiveness of Lee and to a smaller extent Johnson. Especially when the Indian seamers seems to do just fine.

It's always been like that in India. But considering most of the facilities there i won't really been keen on spending a whole day there either. Now if that was SCG or Lord's then it is a whole another story. Plus as you said the aussies and the english do have the best appetite for tests.

I personally love test cricket and i prefer it over the 50 over version. But i guess T20 is more convenient for everybody.

If can only hope one day that Aussies and Indians can come here for some games.

^To clarify the Indians are whiny bitches because they talk tough but the Aussies would kill them in a fight. I found it particularly funny that it was Sreesanth who cried after Harbijan slapped him because he was the one sledging Andrew Symonds like he wanted to fight him.

Our team - are a bunch of total a***holes who can play cricket, though less so these days. Warney was the Sultan of Sleaze but he was a great cricketer. McGrath is an ill-tempered bully but he got wickets. The rest, well I think our era is coming to a close, as long as we beat the Kiwis and the Poms.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of gamesmanship on the field, providing it doesn't get too personal or aggressive. Players should be able to shake hands at the end of the day and have a beer together afterwards. The problem recently is that players are being a bit too precious, they are treating it like a war instead of just a highly paid sport.

Moving on what do you guys think is a competitive target for the Aussies for their second innings? I would think India needs at least 450+. The pitch is still decent so if Hayden gets in Aussies still have a shot at it.

Symonds could have made a huge difference on this tour. The aussies have almost no spin options and he does a pretty good job bowling but his batting is where they miss him. He intimidates the opposition for sure.

I wish there wasn't such a long gap between games two and three.