TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phillies win the NL pennant

bobafett

^ Actually, I have nothing against the Rays. The players themselves, hell, they deserve it. The cities of St. Pete, Tampa, and the surrounding areas who just learned to love their hometown team within the last 6 months - well, that's another story. Remember though, neither the Rays nor the Phils have won anything yet. Good luck.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be an interesting series. Both teams are playing their best ball right now. I think the Phillies have a slight emotional edge on the Rays. Charlie Manuel's mom died during the NLCS, and Victorino's grandmother died too. I think the Phillies will definitely try to do this for them.

^ Actually, I have nothing against the Rays. The players themselves, hell, they deserve it. The cities of St. Pete, Tampa, and the surrounding areas who just learned to love their hometown team within the last 6 months - well, that's another story. Remember though, neither the Rays nor the Phils have won anything yet. Good luck.

I know, I was just messing around with ya. I only moved to Florida last December, so I'm not familiar with the Rays fans down here. When I moved down I started rooting for the Rays because they were the local team. I had no idea this would happen. I actually grew up a Mets fan, so now I root for the Mets in the NL and the Rays in the AL.

As for fans, that's usually a universal thing. New Yok and Philly fans are the same way. When their team is bad there are a lot of empty seats and when the team is good everyone is suddenly on the wagon. Another good example are Dallas Cowboy fans. I never realized how many Cowboys fans there were until Jimmy Johnson starting winning Super Bowls in the early 90's.

As for fans, that's usually a universal thing. New Yok and Philly fans are the same way. When their team is bad there are a lot of empty seats and when the team is good everyone is suddenly on the wagon. Another good example are Dallas Cowboy fans. I never realized how many Cowboys fans there were until Jimmy Johnson starting winning Super Bowls in the early 90's.

Wrong! The Eagles sell out every year, even in the 90s when they were going 3-13. The season ticket waiting list is crazy, trust me, Im like 12,000 on the list. The Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers all do very well, even if they stink. Heck the Flyers were the worst team in the NHL 2 years ago and still sold out most games. I know us Philly fans get a really bad rep, but one thing you cant accuse most of us is jumping on the bandwagon. Yea we boo, like crazy when the team sucks, but we fill the stands still.

Florida on the other hand is terrible. When the Marlins won the WS in 03 I was in college down there. I got 1st round playoff tickets with no problems, NLCS ticket with no problem and had to sit with all Cub fans because the stadium was full of them, and then watch Yankee fans in there during the WS. In Philly Im looking at paying 1200 for 2 tickets to Saturdays game.

Wrong! The Eagles sell out every year, even in the 90s when they were going 3-13. The season ticket waiting list is crazy, trust me, Im like 12,000 on the list. The Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers all do very well, even if they stink. Heck the Flyers were the worst team in the NHL 2 years ago and still sold out most games. I know us Philly fans get a really bad rep, but one thing you cant accuse most of us is jumping on the bandwagon. Yea we boo, like crazy when the team sucks, but we fill the stands still.

Well said, Cowboys and Patriots fans are the ones who like to jump on the bandwagon. It's like what a fellow fan said once "There is no bandwagon Eagles fan"

According to Vegas oddsmakers, the Rays are the favorites to win it all. They are -1.35 on the money line.

As a Phillies fan, this coudln't make me happier. The Phils relish te underdog role. I guess steamrolling through 2 playoff series and going 7-2 in those aren't good enough.

GO PHILLIES!!