TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2008 Golden Tickets

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't see Knoebels desirving the food award. When I went there last month I really wanted to see what alll the fuss was about with it.

The first night I was there I had a slice of pizza and a cup of white birch beer from Cesari's and I beleive that I've tasted better at a family-owned pizza parlor a few blocks down the street from my house. It did taste good, but I've eaten better. But looking at the food from other parks, I really can't beleive that there isn't a park out there with better food.

The friendliest staff award is what I could understand. When I was there, the ride ops. and staff were very polite and it was easy to strike up a conversation with them. They would even fool around and tell jokes to the kids.

The Best Racing Coaster award of Lightning Racer is another thing I can understand. There aren't many racing coasters in the U.S. and the world with a racing and dueling layout. This award seems always be a give-away.

I would've taken a bet that Fahrenheit would've rated higher.

This is just like that MSN article that pops up every year with Astroworld listed in it. Cut and paste every year and have one new for 08 ride win an award.

I just never understand year after year "Best Kids Area - Kings Island."

Same here, the only reason why I think it wins is because its ginormous (literally, 1/3 of the park is Nick Universe for those who haven't been there). Yet I didn't see the area have the one big feature I see in a kids area, one big giant net climb playground thing.

^^ Yes. I plan on nixing the "Golden Tickets," and introducing the amusement world's form of the "Razzies." It's much more fun to vote on the worst of what the industry has to offer.

I want to see this happen, vote PMW 08.

I really can't see Knoebels desirving the food award. When I went there last month I really wanted to see what alll the fuss was about with it.

Keep in mind that people can interpret the meaning differently when selecting a park: Some might pick Knoebels based on selection, quantity, quick service and price versus a park with better quality.

No B&M hyper should be that high up on the list IMO, except Goliath at SFOG

But the wooden list is down right terrible IMO

I am not going to bash these people's opinions, but simply state that I feel a different way.

Beast AND Hades in the top 10, WTF.

I agree with a lot of the other stuff though, best park, best food, best water ride, best landscaping etc.

Overall, I don't have the hate towards AT like a lot of people here seem to, but some of their rankings make me scratch my head.

I don't see how Behemoth ranked LOWER than Goliath at La Ronde...

Me neither. But, I tend to disregard the roller coaster rankings in the Golden Ticket Awards and wait for Mitch's poll. That's really the only reliable ranking system out there. Well, it was until TPR broke it last year after riding Eagle Fortress.