• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://visitkingsisland.com/special/haunt/index.html

Check back soon for new 2008 Information

Halloween Haunt Frequently Asked Questions

What is Halloween Haunt?

The “scare-masters” from Knotts Berry Farm that originated and perfected theme park Halloween events have brought a bigger, badder and just plain scarier event to Kings Island this fall. Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will set new standards throughout the Midwest in adult scare entertainment!

When is it?

Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will be open beginning at 7 p.m. September 26, 27; October 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31; November 1

When is the best time to visit?

If you want to avoid running into too many live bodies, schedule a visit earlier in the month or on Fridays.

Halloween Haunt Highlights:

Check back soon for all the GORY DETAILS.

Is this event too intense for young children?

Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

At 5 p.m. Kings Island begins the transformation from something for everybody in the family to nothing but terrifying horror around every corner! Families should make sure to flee with their innocent, impressionable children. Run...don't walk as we turn to the dark side!

Where can I purchase tickets?

You can buy tickets online now, or at the gate on the day of your visit.

How much does all of this in-your-face terror cost?

Front Gate Friday Nights & Saturday Nights (after 5 pm) 34.99

Front Gate Saturdays (Full Day + Haunt) 47.99

Friday Nights ONLINE pricing 19.99

Saturday ONLINE pricing 25.99

The Haunt is FREE for 2008 PASSHOLDERS!

Any survival tips?

For your safety, Halloween Haunt attractions are not recommended for guests with pacemakers, claustrophobia, heart conditions, seizures, asthma, or any other condition that could be aggravated by the special effects and scares used throughout the park.

Will any rides be open during Halloween Haunt events?

Most of Kings Island’s major thrill rides will be open during the event, including the Beast, Son of Beast, Drop Tower, Invertigo, Flight of Fear, Delirium, the Racer, Vortex, Flight Deck and Firehawk.

Club Blood

ACTION ZONE

This popular night club has never been so bloody good! The club’s exotic dancers are dying to meet you. Come in for a bite. Stay as long as you like. In fact, you can stay forever!

Death Row

CONEY MAUL

So, you think the Death penalty is bad? Step inside this sanitarium of slaughter and see what torture is all about! The inmates in this evil prison can’t wait for you to join them on Death Row.

Red Beard's Revenge

RIVERTOWN

A sense of dark confinement abounds as you tour below the decks of a cursed ship. Evil pirates are ready to challenge even the bravest souls to a duel. Can you get past these swashbucklers and make it out alive? Know this as you try: Dead men tell no tales!

Massacre Manor

CONEY MAUL

The Manor is for sale and the price has just been reduced! Never mind the rumors of murder and torture – it’s priced to sell. Potential buyers descend into fear as they make their way down creepy corridors, entering one terrifying room after another. Along the way you will encounter many of the Manor’s inhabitants – most of them long since departed.

CarnEVIL

INTERNATIONAL STREET

Join the circus like you wanted to when you were a kid … permanently! Despite the presence of elephants, giraffes and other circus animals, this is not your run-of-the-mill Big Top. Only the most determined will make it out alive.

Trail of Terror

CONEY MAUL

Come with plenty of friends to hold on tight if you dare to venture down this darkened path of mindbending terror deep into Kings Island’s woods. Hideous creatures are lurking in the shadows and zombies in advanced stages of decay emerge from bushes and wander mindlessly along the trail in search of new life.

Tombstone Terror-TORY

RIVERTOWN TRAIN RIDE

Covered bridges and foggy terrain disguise the evil that lurks in every direction as you travel aboard a midnight train. But don’t be alarmed. We guarantee you’ll make it to your final destination!

.....:Scare Zones.......

Cornstalkers

Beware as you wind your way through this frightful cornfield! Countless scarecrows rule the overgrown ruins of the formerly vibrant Rivertown. Built by farmhands to ward off any would-be trespassers, these guardians of rubble take their jobs very seriously. Legend has it intruders make these evil scarecrows come to life!

The Worksite

Vacant for years, this worksite has remained untouched and forgotten since the day when something went disastrously wrong. We dare you to enter this undiscovered path of wreckage. Don’t be surprised if you never find your way out. Fear not; someone ... or something is sure to find you.

The Cemetery

You don’t believe in ghost stories? You’re in one when you visit the Cemetery! Experience the darkness, terror and madness as you attempt to make your way around oversized tombstones, monuments and crypts.

.....:Rides:.....

Firehawk

Thrill flyers experience heart-pounding excitement as Firehawk soars through more than ½ a mile of steel tracking. Willing adventure seekers lie down to experience this 51 mph., top-secret, all-altitude airborne mission. But they’re certainly not relaxing – within seconds, each pilot is facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

The Beast

Still the World's Longest Wooden Roller Coaster for over 25 years. The legendary Beast still seizes its prey in its terrifying grip, roaring through the wilderness on 7,400 feet of track at speeds of over 60 mph through dark tunnels and its signature twin helix! Consistently named the best wooden roller coaster in the world by enthusiasts everywhere, don't miss your chance to feel the grip of The Beast!

Son of Beast

The Son of Beast is a world-record breaking roller coaster that elevates the classic wood coaster experience to a new level, taking riders up higher than ever and racing them around wooden track faster than ever before.

Drop Tower

Feel your heart drop when you plunge 26 stories from a height of 315 feet straight down at speeds of over 61 mph on the tallest Gyro Drop in the World!

Invertigo

Sit back and witness the terror flash in the eyes of your fellow riders as you experience the only face-to-face inverted roller coaster in the Midwest! Scream your face off as you are lifted up a 138 foot hill and then released to soar through a 72 foot tall loop and two inversions at speeds of over 55 mph!

Flight of Fear

The Flight of Fear takes riders on a heart-pounding adventure throughout a one-acre enclosed structure in total darkness. The Flight of Fear is the world’s first linear induction motor (LIM) launch system roller coaster that catapults riders from 0 to 54 miles per hour in just four seconds sending guests through four inversions and is considered one of the most innovative theme-based attractions ever constructed.

Delirium

Imagine being caught in the heart of a storm, hurtling through the air out of control. One moment you are suspended upside down, next you are rushing face-first toward the ground then nearly upside down again all in seconds. Experience the power of a storm...Delirium!

Racer

The classic woodie with two separate ride experiences. Take a thrilling ride forward or backwards on the original racing coaster at the park. With a top speed of 61 mph and 3,415 feet of track on each side, this legendary coaster provides great air and even greater thrills.

Vortex

Get ready for the twisted world view of the Vortex! Scream through terrifying inversions at speeds over 55 mph through 3,800 feet of the most twisted track ever built! The world’s first six-inversion coaster is still one of the most intense rides around.

Flight Deck

Take flight and soar over the tree tops. This seventh generation steel suspended coaster wings over 2,352 feet of track at speeds in excess of 51 mph!

Parents, be advised: Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!

In just a matter of weeks darkness will fall over Kings Island and the creatures of the night will make their return for the biggest Halloween Haunt ever! Now loaded with 13 terrifying haunted attractions, no other haunted attraction in the Midwest can match the amount of blood, guts and gore brought to you by Kings Island!

The new attraction that will have everyone screaming is the new 3,666sq ft haunted maze called Urgent Scare. Guests will be transformed into 'patients' at this hospital-gone-mad as they traverse through rooms full of doctors and nurses who have been infected with a virus that is spreading through your small town causing a deadly plague. Urgent Scare will be located in the right side of the FX Theater. The theater was converted through Kings Island's mastery of innovation from a 3D motion theater to a walk through haunted maze.

In addition to the return of the wildly popular Dead Awakening, Kings Island will be adding a new show in the Festhaus called Ghouls Gone Wild! This monster dinner party has YOU on the menu! You can stay as long as you'd like... in fact, you can stay FOREVER!

Returning attractions include CarnEvil, Cemetery, Club Blood, Cornstalkers, Death Row, Massacre Manor, Red Beard’s Revenge, Trail of Terror, Tombstone Terror-Tory and Worksite. Beware of Roamers and Creepers…they’re everywhere!

Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt will be open from 7:00pm to 1:00am every Friday and Saturday night September 26 through November 1. Click here to read the full press release about Halloween Haunt at Kings Island!

The weather may be warm outside but don't be fooled -- the undead aren't far from taking over Kings Island! As Halloween Haunt approaches, Kings Island's head hunters are looking for Zombies, Werewolves, Vampires, Undead Cowboys, Mummies, Demented Clowns, Pirates, Malpracticing Doctors, Ghouls Gone Wild and Sideshow Performers as well as many other positions at Kings Island. If you're interested, Kings Island is DYING to hear from you! Click here for information about joining the Haunt Scare Team!

Kings Island may be temporarily closed but for one last time before the darkness of Haunt falls upon the park you can visit Kings Island on the September Bonus Days! Kings Island will be open on Friday, September 19th from 5pm until 10pm and Saturday, September 20th from 10am until 10pm! As an added bonus, all 2008 and 2009 season pass holders will be able to bring a friend with them for a specially discounted price! Click here for details!

Standing 230ft tall, Diamondback will certainly be an exciting addition to Kings Island in 2009. If you want to get a jump on the 2009 season you can now purchase or renew your season pass online! By purchasing a 2009 season pass, you get one free visit to Kings Island in 2008 as well as unlimited visits in 2009. Additionally you get some great VIP perks, FREE parking all season during 2009 and the ability to partake in some great meal deals including unlimited drink wrist bands! 2008 season pass holders can renew their pass for a specially discounted rate. Click here to purchase or renew your season pass!

Do you want the latest information sent directly to your cell phone? Sign up for KICentral's official mobile club and receive text alerts with the latest news and information about Kings Island! Signing up is fast and free! Click here for more information about KICentral's official mobile club!

Are you an avid Kings Island fan or do you casually visit once a year? It doesn't matter! KICentral.com is the site for you. Why not register on the forums of KICentral and tell us about your thoughts and experiences involving Kings Island! Registration is fast, FREE, and easy. Don't forget to keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors and information about Kings Island amusement park!

i received an huant map while the park was at LCCC so here is an final list of haunt locations. it was a very public place so it's not very classified.

Cornstalkers- wwk lockers

doctor of doom -funzone arcade

club blood- behind WWL exit lockers

Terror square- Thunder creek midway

Headstone hollow- zephyr bridge

Scream works-end of Voodoo midway

Kill hill - Upper Food Fest grove (boo hill)

General jacks- Blue and white tent

Dead Awakening - Center stage

Boo blast

Trick or treat street - Carousel grove

Bale maze - Carousel grove

Mask making - Across from sea dragon

Camp Spooky(meet and greets) -camp snoopy

Boo hill- Upper Food Fest grove

Pirate show- Camp snoopy stage

storyteller - Camp snoopy stage

Spooktacular- center stage

and note as with all ceder fair haunts there will be no readmission allowed all kids areas and activity's will close at 5pm and the adult stuff starts at 6pm.

http://haunt.dorneypark.com/

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys thought last year was the best or was the most intense, think AGAIN! After two days of dress rehearsals, I think it's fair (and fine) to say this year is going to be the most intense. Places have changed, big time. If you have the mindset of "Oh, that sucked last year....I'm not going through that if it's a 20 minute wait..." No, the mazes are *all* completely worth it with memorable parts in each. I can not wait for Friday, once in costume...I'm a whole different person

For those going through the Cemetery....look for the dead guy in the suit with the 2x4 haha.

You can run, you can hide...but when the Cemetery comes through....you're going to DIE!!!!!! Muahhahahahahhaha

-Zach

I wish I could go out and experience Quarantine. I'm as excited for this movie as I was for Cloverfield! It's going to be really good.

I recognized that one of my friend's suit resembled one of the Stranger's outfit...and was considering getting him one of those bags to go over his head. But in the Cemetery...that might be kind of random. I'm thinking about it...

October 10th

-JZ

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I officially love Halloween Haunts. KD's is awesome!!

I went for the second time tonight, but they were packed so I only went through Blackbeard's Revenge and Big Top Terror.

2 weeks ago I went through Maze of Madness, Toxic Plague, and Club Blood.

My ranking for KD's mazes I've done:

1. Toxic Plague

2. Blackbeard's Revenge

3. Maze of Madness

4. Club Blood

5. Big Top Terror

I HOPE to return for a third time next weekend to hit off Blood Shed, Blue Ridge Bloodbath, and Alien Outpost, and do some re-runs.