TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NIGHTBEAT, Charlotte

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.....if I lived closer, I would be there. I always liked that show, though I was never in the stands, always on the field.

Crown and BD are AMAZING this year, though I liked BD's guard program better in the past. Cavies are clean but their music is a little "meh". I've heard that Glassmen and Boston Crusaders both have very entertaining shows as well.

ENJOY! I was originally going to be in Indy for World Championships, but the group I teach (Hawthorne Gold, Open Class) decided we didn't have the finances to make the trip this year (it's a shame, we're sitting in 8th in Open Class right now).

Dude that sucks. Yeh I'm excited to see Cavies live because their always a great drill corps.

Crown beat the Cadets this year which is awesome since I hate where Hopkins has taken the Cadets. The Zone in '05 was one of the best shows I've ever seen and then he just went AWOL.

The main reason I'm happy is because my Crossmen are gonna be there. They're not the best or even finalist caliber much anymore but they are still my corps. I made it through 9 camps in '06 before I got cut.

No I'm a trumpet and they only had 2 to cut after the 5th camp so they might've been milking more money out of me, but I didn't care I just took it, after I got cut, as an extended lessons program to get better.

The show was awesome because, with the exception of Pioneer, all the corps there will most likely be in Finals so 7 finalist corps is always a good show. I was a little upset with the judging as I felt the gap between certain corps was too high for what I saw.

Like I felt the crossmen gave a better overall performance then the Glassmen, with Glassmen having a much better hornline sound, and I thought the Crossmen would edge them or come close to it but they were seperated by 2 points. Also the Crusaders were down 2 or so points to the Knights and I felt that shouldve been closer too.

But in the end the Devils and Cavies are really tight and the scores reflected that and it will be a great finals in the top 4. If the Crown score wasn't padded for the home crowd they were less then a point from the Cavies which means the top 4 are less then 1.5 apart and thats awesome.

OK thats enough for now lol I can answer questions if you have any!

Well I figured anyone that would want to go would know what it was lol

DCI = Marching Music's Major League

It is groups of Brass, Percussion and Color Guard competing.

If more people knew what it was, more people might be interested.