TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

They are now teasing that zoomazon falls is leaving. I'm starting to think they're just teasing based off what people are saying and speculating. Maybe PBR and ZF are actually getting removed. Next years addition better be good lol

You know . . . I'm surprised that there isn't an ACE landmark plaque (yet) for The Wild One turning 100 . . . .

ACE designates "plaqued" status on two types of coasters 1) ACE Coaster Classic and 2) Landmark Coasters. ACE has REALLY strict guidelines for what they classify as a "Coaster Classic" and some reasons that Wild One would never receive that designation such as the fact that trains were converted and no longer have traditional lapbars (utilize individual ratcheting lapbars) and trains have seat dividers. I believe all of the modifications they made to the layout would also eliminate any chance the ride has of making that status. The other status that they designate is "Landmark Coasters" which are typically reserved for coasters that are historically significant rides. I think if they would have maintained the original design of the ride when they moved Wild One and rebuilt it in MD, it MAY have received this status by now, but Wild One is pretty significantly different from how it originally was and because of that, I'm not sure it would ever receive landmark status.

My prediction

Gotham City becomes DC Universe with Giant Frisbee or Spinsanity.

A water coaster for Hurricane Harbor

I don't think a Giant Discovery would be worth it here. The capacity would result in absolutely no line whatsoever. I think the regular size discovery that seats 30 would be a better fit here.

I sure hope no Disko. They are fun but they are every where. I want something new and different. Even though I was very happy to see Wonder Woman added this year because it shows they will put money into the park, it sure did not make me go to the park because its nothing new. Especially since I have ridden both of the worlds tallest Sky Screamers.

I LOVE the teasers. This park usually does not get into the teaser thing so much which could mean SFI could be wanting to get behind this park more and more.

I would love a retheme to Gotham City only because Superman is NOT part of GC. I have thought that since they added it. DC Universe would fit so much better.

Many of you are talking about Spinsanity. Which ones? Fiesta Taxes's is a simple Tilt a Whirl which the park removed. The other that I have seen is the Troika. Which are kinda fun. Definitely a good family ride.

Now a Spinsanity giant discovery or The Claw (Hershey) would be AWESOME! I love them.

I would also love to see a Screaming Swing since there are not many of them on the east coast.

It would stand to reason that whatever they are going to add for 2018 will directly replace whatever they are going to remove. I mean, I guess they could remove an attraction and not directly replace it, but build something else somewhere else entirely on the property, but (at least in my opinion) it wouldn't make a lot of sense to be teasing what is being removed so much unless the plans were to directly replace what was being removed. It certainly could be possible that what they add for 2018 could be both a replacement for what is being removed AND adding something somewhere else in the park, but unfortunately, I'm not willing to bet on how likely that is. What I would be willing to bet on is that the attraction that is being removed is a Hurricane Harbor attraction (and not the one that was recently teased on the park's social media outlets).

^ there's only two other things in the water park that could really be removed. The Kids area by Halfpipe and the regular pool.

I don't see either getting removed.

1. Got to have a spot for the kids to play

2. I'm assuming you mean the pool with the "lazy river"? I just like to float there at times.

^ there's only two other things in the water park that could really be removed. The Kids area by Halfpipe and the regular pool.

I don't see either getting removed.

1. Got to have a spot for the kids to play

2. I'm assuming you mean the pool with the "lazy river"? I just like to float there at times.

1. They've got Splashwater Falls/The lazy river pool.

2. That pool is incredibly dirty

^ Not sure if you were asking me but if you were asking me, my guess is Zoomazon Falls. On crowded days this slide will still only have a 3-4 person wait. It's incredibly old, and sits on some space that could be used for a pretty big water park expansion.

^ Not sure if you were asking me but if you were asking me, my guess is Zoomazon Falls. On crowded days this slide will still only have a 3-4 person wait. It's incredibly old, and sits on some space that could be used for a pretty big water park expansion.

There's also a lot of protected wetland/forest land around/under ZoomAzon Falls. The ride can stay there because it was built before the regulations were in place, but if they removed ZoomAzon Falls, they may have issues building anything new its place due to the current environmental regulations.

There's also a lot of protected wetland/forest land around/under ZoomAzon Falls. The ride can stay there because it was built before the regulations were in place, but if they removed ZoomAzon Falls, they may have issues building anything new its place due to the current environmental regulations.

Ah I didn't know that. My other guess is the remove Reef Runner and expand from the Splashwater Falls to The regular pool. They could probably fit at least 2-3 slides in that area.

Things that the water park needs that could fit in that area:

Water Coaster

Vertical Drop Slide

Mat Racer

A single/double tube slide

The park doesn't need a vertical drop slide. Bonsai Pipelines fit that role fine.

I disagree. I was thinking one of the non-capsule ones like the Blizzard Beach one. They seem to be water park staes and are always popular with guests.

If it's any consolation, the park had originally proposed building a tower complex that had two vertical drop (non-capsule drop) slides along with mat racing slides in the spot where Bonzai Pipelines is now. Now that Bonzai Pipelines is there, not sure what will happen with those plans..

The park doesn't need a vertical drop slide. Bonsai Pipelines fit that role fine.

I disagree. I was thinking one of the non-capsule ones like the Blizzard Beach one. They seem to be water park staes and are always popular with guests.

If it's any consolation, the park had originally proposed building a tower complex that had two vertical drop (non-capsule drop) slides along with mat racing slides in the spot where Bonzai Pipelines is now. Now that Bonzai Pipelines is there, not sure what will happen with those plans..

I could see this still being a possibility but probably not as likely.